Why after stunning/interrupting (Ex. Lich Mage), spells still cast?

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Orcaic, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orcaic

Orcaic Avatar

Elgarion and/or Devs, are you able to look at the intention of this feature to see if this was intended or something that could be changed to help overall improve game combat mechanics?

Rinaldi, Chiasma and Anpu like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Orcaic Are you talking about a Lich Mage that stuns a player or a player that stuns a Lich Mage ? And specifically, what stuns or interruptions ?
    An example you've encountered would be helpful.......

Rinaldi likes this.
  3. Orcaic

Orcaic Avatar

An example of this would be a Lich Mage/Nayor/Arch Mage/etc. casting a spell such as "Fireball, Ring of Fire, Multiple Debuffs, etc." after the player has used a stunning effect such as "Gust, Earthquake, Chain Lightning, Discharge, etc."

Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It happens to most all creatures. Another example is PvE Earth Golems. They begin to cast Earthquake then I knock them down with knockdown and then their Earthquake spell casts.

This comes across as a bit wacky.....

Rinaldi likes this.
  5. Orcaic

Orcaic Avatar

Yes, exactly. It is like the creature does not account for being stunned, so as long as they had started to cast an ability/skill, it still goes through.

Rinaldi, majoria70 and Anpu like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The one that really gets me is when you knock down a troll before he can throw a rock at you, but a couple seconds later you just magically get hit in the face with a rock anyway.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is not just a thing about lich mages or trolls or anything like that. This is my observations, I could be wrong, but here is what I see. Ever notice when you run by an enemy, if they stop and begin an attack, its going through? This leads to things like getting hit or stunned even though you are WAY WAY past that mob by the time the hit goes through. Its like as soon as the attack was initiated, there is no way to stop it from happening, then the animation or cast time delays that effect, but its still going to happen. If you are not the instance master, this is even worse are you are not seeing the mobs properly. When instance master have no problem avoiding troll or dragons strikes, but not as instance master, its almost impossible to avoid.

8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I think this goes beyond just spells.

I have noticed with the troll. If i hit dodge as he runs away I will probably dodge the rock, but if i hit dodge as he picks up the rock it seems to nearly always hit me.
    What it looks like to me, is that it has already done all the maths at the start of the NPC action, then it waits for the animation to finish and just applies what it has already worked out, even if all the parameters of that maths are now different.

Regards
    Spung

Rinaldi, Violet Ronso and Numa like this.
  9. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

SNAP :)

10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

same with Torc Dawl, after casting Gust he stop the animation but he throw the stone anyway.

Rinaldi likes this.
  11. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Good feedback, almost to my feedback & wishlist round-up. Almost there :)

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  12. Orcaic

Orcaic Avatar

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It sounds like this is actually a bigger issue in the game than I had imagined, and everyone just had gotten used to it. For the overall sake of sharpening up on the game and its mechanics, I believe this would be a valuable fix that would prevent a lot of confusion, chunkiness, and frustration. Whether this is a simple timer fix, or move involved, this is a must fix in my opinion.

Chatele, Rinaldi, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  13. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Yeah getting stomp stunned from across the room can be quite annoying. There’s also getting stuck (running in place) in a certain situation when you get stunned while jumping or something. I’ve gotten used to quickly playing an instrument to get out of it but also quite annoying.

Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  14. Orcaic

Orcaic Avatar

@Elgarion have you had a chance to get to this thread and/or provide feedback to the Devs about this?

15. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I don't work the feedback side (yet?), still tackling other things as I learn. I just moved this into Feedback since it was commentary about an existing system so it would get noticed by those who do look these over.

16. Charon

Charon Avatar

Body Slam is the same. The mob is stunned but it still completes whatever action they'd started.

Rinaldi and Fister Magee like this.
  17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

On a similar note, attacks somehow fly through walls (and other "solid" barriers) to hit the player. This can occur with missile attacks (such as fireballs, death rays, arrows, etc) and with melee attacks (a satyr on the other side of a wall can hit me with his polearm). In some cases, the damage is mitigated by "cover", but the attack visual still flies through the wall.
    If a barrier exists between the player and the enemy, the animation of the missile/melee attack should not penetrate the barrier and no damage should be registered (i.e. there is no need for "cover" to show up as damage).

I added this issue to this thread, because it may also be an issue with continuation of an attack. Once the animation of the enemy's attack begins, then the attack animation completes even if you have moved behind a barrier.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.