Why do all skills suck except heal fire and focus?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Turin2, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

...ice, death are decent skills...air,earth, blades, bludgeon,polearms, and ranged are useless...

Tears likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Nothing is working properly regarding combat, so expect to see improvements as we go a long. We can only play with the way it is right now but to try to figure it out is a tough thing to do at this point;)

Tears likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Well ALOT of complaining about PvP , which is NOT the basis of this game , and it is so EARLY in the design process, some suggestions would be nice.

But again since PvP isn't the basis of the game wouldn't expect to much. Most of us really don't care about PvP, to many of the people who PvP are just Gankers, and Harassers.

Give it some time skills will balance out, But ......

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I care about pvp.
    All aspects of a game have to be balanced.
    Saying nobody cares isn't a solution either.
    There are whole citys based on pvp!

blaquerogue and Tears like this.
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

Most of us really cares...

vallo and Tears like this.
  6. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Combat is clearly an after thought.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Has there been a release that did not have an update to combat? PvP can't not be balanced when combat is incomplete.

8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

They were talking about it several times during the hangout that is going on right now.

Tears likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Here you go if you missed it. :)

Tears and Acred like this.
  10. Xail

Xail Avatar

.....good new it seems...let's hope and see R18...

11. Albus

Albus Avatar

On the point of healing being overpowered, I agree - thought it pretty much is overpowered in nearly any game that includes it. I'd love to see no healing during combats, just something to patch you up between fights so the actual fighting is kept clean and not slowed by healing. You could build in a mechanism to allow some sort of recovery when you down a foe, such that a fighter isn't always defeated by attrition against many foes, but having health pop up and down as heals and thrown, or worse where a fighter cannot be taken down at all by some weapons systems is rather annoying. But before slipping off to far on tangent, it does seem true that pvp is skewed wildly for certain builds so far.

Balancing should be forthcoming as well as more skills coming online, but I don't find it misplaced to make note of flaws with the current balance (in moderation...) so they can be addressed as things progress.

Tears likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Albus and welcome to Shrouds. Well I don't agree to no healing during combat since I play a paladin type character which helps me to help new people, and plus I like playing a paladin anyway. You can chose to not have heals in your deck. I usually lock healing ray and if you right click heals in your skills they will go out of your deck. Anyway since watching the Devs R17 post mortem telling us combat is finally being addressed and much needed attention on combat is finally coming, who knows what will happen. It's just my vote to be allowed to play a healer or support person also.

13. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

This game is the best game I have played in years and its in Alpha. I feel bad for ranting when i really want to say, Thank you. Game will be even more awesome when the melee skills are in play.. but that didn't justify the rant I went on. I do think the pvp side of the game will be a big contributor to bringing people in.. though granted, the pvp crowd isn't always the easiest to get along with.
    Pvp isn't really that far off the mark outside of the skill trees not all being effective.. heal is just a little over effective for the cost, easily fixed by letting melee do a little more damage, or have a chance of stun, or simple increasing cost of heal, but I'm guessing if melee skills come back in play that they will add that extra damage and heal will need remain as it is.

blaquerogue and rrrico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.