Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why isn't there a control point in the Hidden Vale?

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Seems like there should be at least one control point in the hidden vale that creates regional economies.

HoustonDragon and Leelu like this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The Hidden Vale is smaller than any of the regions which are currently burdened, yes I said burdened, by control points in Novia. Putting up a control point in the Hidden Vale is like putting up a toll booth in a bathtub. Enough already.

Lord Baldrith, agra, Xandra7 and 14 others like this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Yeah, I wouldn't shed a tear if control points disappeared completely from New Britannia tomorrow.

4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

No, please no. I need one small area I can be free in. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Folks living in the Hidden Vale currently have a huge advantage over those living elsewhere, including best prices in the game, most diverse adventure scenes, a lunar rift in Owl's Head and unlimited access to the Perennial Coast of Novia which is on the other side of the continent. At some point there needs to be some equilibrium in the game, but making the HV less accessible this early on would only mean a further hardship for residents in less fortunate regions who feel obligated to keep returning to the HV to participate in the benefits there.

Budner and Leelu like this.
  6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Spoon and Leelu like this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Judging from the map that @Elnoth posted, and assuming it is to scale, the Hidden Vale is the same size as other regions :p

Leelu likes this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Control points are meant to seperate regions, from other regions, and the hidden vale and perennial trail are the only areas completely closed off by control points thus far (the easiest control points in game so far).

They are supposed to be a bit of a chore, and i am beginning to see (and take advantage of) the economic effects now that zoning is gone.

9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Dude, it's there, it's just super well hidden with all the pirate ninjas :p

Leelu likes this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No time like the present.

I think if we look at the map of Novia, it's easy to see that Brittany is the true port to the Hidden Vale. And the story suggests that boats are NOT returning from the Vale...which means all this "going to Ardoris" nonsense is going to be short lived, and probably even trips to Brittany will not be common.

Perhaps that's the reason there are no control points, because the biggest control point of them all is going to be the ocean between Novia and the Vale. Wow is that ever going to be a culture shock for people.

I hope I'm right, that's going to be really something if I'm right.

Leelu likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I hope that once ships are in game, than access to the Hidden Vale itself will be a control point. The 1.6M Stretch Goal was Shipping Lanes:
    This would be a great way to keep the Hidden Vale locked away, and help explain why they are not getting shipments.

Oninoshiko and Leelu like this.
  12. agra

agra Avatar

Agreed. With teleportation, there are no regional economies.
    I could see it if control points appeared and were part of the overland map if you were PvP flagged, but otherwise, a waste of time, unfun, and pointless.

Lord Baldrith, Budner and Leelu like this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If you view them as just an obstacle to get to where you are going, yes I agree. Getting a few friends together to kill waves might be fun, if it was rewarding at all. Right now its just a drain on durability. I hope to see some fairly decent drops, perhaps in the vein of rare crafting resources, drop from higher waves. There needs to be some reason to do this, other than "just because you can", and right now there is not.

I thought there was some talk about being able to defeat the waves and essentially opening up the control point so players don't have to stop there, until the NPCs take it back. That would at least give some players a reason to be there.

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.