Why no town maps?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyJ71, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJ71

JohnnyJ71 Avatar

Why don't we have any town maps? Every other game has them, maybe it's just in this early state of the game but talking to NPC's to find a town hall that isn't even labeled is frustrating. I passed a bunch of player houses that are all labeled. Why should it be a chore to get a map view. In the real world I can buy a map. Why can't vendors sell a map of all the towns or something.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I remember playing the early Ultimas. I always had some graph paper close by me so I could map out the dungeons as I went along haha. I always got lost despite my best efforts. Ultima exodus dungeons were impossible for me :p
    With that being said though, I kind of like having to use my mind to run around and remember where to go and where things are. It is my opinion that if you have a map, especially right away when you fist start a game, it makes it to easy. Why not explore?

Time Lord and Resurrected like this.
  3. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

There will be basic maps available at some point, but you'll have to find them in-game. It's all part of the 'less hand-holding' concept of the game.

Be glad we even have a compass, that's a fairly recent addition! ;)

4. JohnnyJ71

JohnnyJ71 Avatar

I wouldn't mind finding a map or buying one at each town. Or being able to have a map that can be updated as you find things in game.

5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

there will be maps, but not the default, always on, classic (actual) style. Apparently they will be crafted, bought and sold in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.