Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Will we have better movement in the game?

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Moonsong, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonsong

Moonsong Avatar

Will we have better movement in the game? By this I mean Strafing, we need better character movement side to side. I know, I know Pre-Alpha. When you jump it is delayed by a second. Movement is Very Archaic. New games have a very Fluid Flowing Movement. This gives the Avatar the ability to express themselves. Please tell me movement in this game will be Far advanced to what is it now.

docdoom77, E n v y and Mata like this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Moonsong!

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The movement could use some work. But, the jump is by design.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Might be by design but it's seriously painful. I would much prefer to see a double jump mechanism put in place....so much cleaner and more playable.

I would still love to see the keys for turn adjusted so 100% keyboard movement is viable.

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Moonsang. I think movement is an ongoing improvement. For example for me the combat movement is so out of sync, and I don't like the way it looks with the weapon going right thru what you are fighting. That is bad animation.
    So will this all get fixed before release, well I would like to say yes and of course it will be perfect, but all we can do now is point this out,give examples so there is an awareness and I'm sure the Dev team will do what they can.:)

6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You can strafe by holding down free camera and using a,d. There may be a dedicated key but I'm not in game to check atm.

Jumping is actually a power up thing. So if you are trying to trigger jump you would think it is delayed but holding it down longer causes you to jump further - the jump is initiated on release of the jump button.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

They have mentioned in hangouts that a lot is placeholder, unfinished and much just not even there yet. With Unity 5 being implemented there has been little point developing graphics, animations and things.

Once Unity 5 is stable then we should start seeing movement forwards in this area.

Same with sound obviously, quick place holders but most missing. Just the way of the pre-alpha. :)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Animations are some of the hardest parts to do and tend to be refined last. Even a big budget game like Elder scrolls online is still refining there animations based on feedback.

Also consider, until systems are finalized its not worth the effort to polish the animations. Even just like the run speeds jump height etc can all change what the animation might require.

Laila likes this.
  9. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

No way on the double jump. I actually like the jump mechanic, but I agree with the fluidity of movement needing improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.