Wishlist - Queue for Review/Processing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seggallion, Mar 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

Just the other day I was wondering what Catnip thought of all the wish list posts. Were they being ignored or were they looking into any of them? I found myself wanting some sort of official list of things Catnip was actually consider. Feedback is key or people will just give up.

I am glad to see Catnip have an official thread for ideas they are either researching or currently developing. It is key that Catnip at least look into some of the ideas. People don't want to feel like Catnip doesn't care at all about the players' ideas. I just want thank Catnip for listening and providing feedback.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi @Seggallion. Ravalox is a very caring manager of our wishlist posts. He has been working diligently to see that there is a process to make them get the due process they deserve. @Ravalox Perhaps someone can link his post regarding wishlist ideas for me. I am guilty of not always following the guidelines when I get an idea inside of someone else's wishlist. I need to work on that. It sounds like you know already of the process. I may have misread. Anyway it's good to know our ideas are being heard.

Edited

3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Turnaround time is just slow, vendor search took what, six years of requesting to get to implementation?

FBohler likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think I never got any feedback on any of my wishlist requests.
    I'm not sure if I'm either "unlucky" or my subjects are always garbage.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Why do you exclude *both"? :D

Anpu likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Nope, they're mutually exclusive

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

That´s not true. In theory you could post a wish that 1) is garbage AND 2) is unluckily completely ignored.

8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If it's garbage, I'm lucky nobody noticed it.
    They're mutually exclusive.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have seen a lot of wishes of people put in over the last 7 years+ From my understanding is that some wishes are major reworks of systems or require a lot more additional coding which can put them further back on the list because they are not really feasible at this time because of limitation in either what they have or man hours.
    smaller items are much easier sometimes to get in if is something they can support with current coding or with small changes. either way there are so many wishes dating back to 2014 which is why they started to sort through them all to organize them so they can build a plan to get the easier ones done as well to add to roadmap the ones that require alot more planning and man hours. Everything in time is the phrase I uses because they do try to add everything people want into the game if it makes sense. I bolded that last bit there because there are somethings they will not implement as it makes no sense too, or the idea is not in line with long term goals/planning.

I am pretty sure they don't respond or acknowledge which wishes they do implement or its more a matter of keeping an eye out for the ones you wished in patch notes. last wish I requested that got implemented was adding the filter word "ore" to all ore types for filtering which kicked off the filter labels to make life easier.

There is other things too which are in game that is not advertised. like many didnt know you can submit support tickets along with vouchers to request things like can I have a custom loading screen for a POT, or can I have a picture added to the game etc.. Never hurts to email and ask support or a dev. worst case they say no. but if you dont ask you will never know if it could have been.

these are just my observations and what I see based on years of discussions.

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

The definition of "sense" has changed wildly over the course of the last decade (the project just turned 10 on Wednesday it seems, or at least the public part). Once it made sense to allow manual dexterity based gameplay for all class, that changed by R10 or so. Once it made sense to prevent crafters from earning income without engaging with monsters or other players, but then came agriculture. Once it made sense to allow adventures to buy the components they needed to make their own food, then it didn't, then it did again. Attempting to understand if something "makes sense" is a science all its own with SOTA.

FBohler likes this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

those sounds more like tweaks than wishlist items. Lots of things get tweaked over time because of how things are affecting other things and or balance or to prevent exploits or botting. But I understand what you are saying :) there is a lot of random directions

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  12. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I have seen several things come into being that I either have wished for, or that I agreed with another's idea.
    I am sure that some things also turned out to be bugs that the gamers did not recognize as a bug.

13. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Yes, it was not something affecting game play, it was just tedious (like fishing or agriculture) when shopping for specific items.
    I am still hoping for the NPC vendors to start sharing their inventory across the game. I have noticed that their individual inventories are mostly non-existent. Not sure if that is because of the loss of the item if it does not sell, or people are using shared, guild, and personal vendors more.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am pretty sure because folks are using/sharing commission free vendors. The public vendors are painful to use. They not only tax the sale, they expire listings in 2 weeks. And selling can be a trickle at best sometimes.

15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, they made perfect sense until Port realized they could sell a better version for cash. Once they gave up on the whole "Sinks vs. Faucets" idea, the game design shifted substantially.

16. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

They still make perfect sense in one point: No goods would stay for months or even YEARS on a public vendor like they do on private vendors. When exploring some towns there are vendors that offer stuff put up for sale years ago with prices out of the world. Having to sell on a public vendor that offers such stuff only for a fortnight and then sells it to the NPC-value prevents overpriced, years-old goods lying around at vendors.

Tahru likes this.
  17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good point. There is probably a compromise to be had. Perhaps they can start by timing out items on the private vendors after a year or something. At the same time extend the public vendor to match.

18. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

If you are going to force the sale at NPC value, the price of goods would crash across the board, and since my suspicion is that crafters are currently propping up the game, I don't see that being good for the overall health.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.