Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wolves running away is ****ing annoying

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Inevitability, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That never really made sense, if I just launched an arrow into the wolf's hindquarters that chipped off 75% of its health, turning around to take the kill shot in the snout is probably not the optimal option.

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I actually like that they run away. They're not worth enough XP or gold for me to bother with, and I don't need suets. My suggestion: get Obsidian Arrow. If you're a melee, which I'm assuming you are, then Obsidian Arrow should work great for you since its damage is increased by strength. It's a ranged spell in the Earth tree. You shouldn't have issues aggroing wolves if you use it.

You could also use Engage Target in the subterfuge tree to charge at the wolves with an attack if you want to stay purely melee.

4EverLost likes this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There are other factors at play. We know there are directions when it comes to sight. I can sneak up on things if I come from behind. Distance also probably has an effect on things. Harder mobs probably look further from them where easier mobs may decide to ignore you until you get closer. Subterfuge innates could be a variable.

As you note, mobs will also communicate with their nearby 'brothers' which probably overrides anything that would normally make them not react to you.

It probably needs more analysis to figure out why we seem to have different experiences.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I cast immolation then use sprint and dash to catch them and once the fire dot hits, they come to me. I do miss when they did not run away though, so much easier.

5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

How does a cast timer hurt you for pulling? It's pretty short cast. If you were using it as a spam spell maybe I could see the point... Searing Ray is still one of my staple spells. Definitely worth the cast time.

6. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I used to run + pan/strafe and hit all in max range. Was beautiful for grabbing 7+ in a quite large radius. Now it's clunky, so I adapt

7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

As a meelee character, this used to bother me, until you learn the wolf behaviour more:
    • They are more likely to attack you when your weapon is sheathed
    • They are more likely to attack you if another wolf is attacking you
    With this knowledge I now run into wolves with my weapon sheathed until one wolf attacks me, then I go about rounding a couple more up before taking them down

LoneStranger likes this.
  8. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Not to diminish your frustration but if you think chasing wolves is annoying, try the fire elementals in the bottom of hilt. Running around through lava waving a sword around trying to catch them is hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.