Worth listing with a public vendor

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I just got the Iron Plate Helm of courage (value 250) and Bogman's club (value 75) in Highvale outskirts. Both appear to have some enchantments. I'm a pure mage and won't uses there. Wondering if they are worth listing with a public vendor?

I've never done a listing before so I'm not really sure what's worth it.

Thanks for any insights anyone has!

Nick likes this.
  2. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Deff worth trying. Post it on a vendor that gets a lot of traffic. Ardoris, owls head were good spots, but unsure of good public vendors as of recently that get good traffic. Resolute might be a good one to see too. Owls head was my go to for public vendor.

Just be sure to remove the item if it doesn't sale by day 7 or the game will only refund you the game item value, not the market value. So for those items about 250 gold and 75 gold, instead of the few hundred or even thousands of gold they might be worth.

Public vendors were great starting out, so deff worth using in a town that gets traffic. Just remeber to remove aand or repost by day 7 or feel the burn of loosing the item.

Lace, Ffred and Jaesun like this.
  3. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

My rule of thumb to selling stuff , is just adding a zero to the value. I sell most gear that start with a Capital at 750 - 950.

I try to sell cheap so it sell fast. The plate helm of courage is different cuz its a unique item aquired by quest. But i still think at 2500 it will sell fast.

Ffred likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Whenever I see Virtue Armor like your helm for sale on a vendor for cheap, I buy it.

I'm not sure what the value will wind up being, but the banners are being sold on player vendors for 70,000g. I've sold them on public vendors for 30,000g.

If you are up for the gamble, try listing it for a bit more. If you've got the gold to afford the fee, try 19,999g in Owl's Head. Or 9,999g. Then set an alarm for 6 days later and remove it, just to be safe, if it didn't sell.

Let us know if it sells for that.

Ffred and Jaesun like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

How about listing it in soryn fields for free? :D

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Ffred

the prices listed in the game is the a value a NPC vendor works on you will never get that price from a NPC vendor.
    this has been placed in the game to encourage player trading through the public vendors commision charges and a time limit apply on those vendors.
    if you have a property you can buy an ingame vendor from the homes merchants in the game normally found on the upper floor in banks for 20000g these vendors you pay charges but no time limit.
    your next option is to find a guild or town like Nick in soryn fields who give you access to a commission-free vendor with no time limit or charges
    and finally is to obtain a commision free vendor can be found ingame lots of gold. or to buy or upgrade a bundle to or higher than a village bundle with the benefits of no time limit or charges.

as to the value of an item, it is what we the players place on them so look around at a few marketplaces and choose your price.

Ffred likes this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Those Bogmans clubs can do a great visual effect when placed, need to be in good lighting to get the full benefits though. I bought 1 at 4ok and one at 20k once so don't undersell it

8. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

I remember listing stuff on the Public vendor. I normally just listed small stuff though because I didnt' realize you could pull the stuff off before the 7 days. I figured it would just be gone no matter what.

9. Thelon

Thelon Avatar

If everyone can get the item through a starting quest, why would anyone buy it? I have the same plate armor of courage, sitting in my bank because it's worse than what I already wear. It has a comfy place next to the Banners of Courage and Love...

There are soooo many vendors in the world - in each town, even! - how can you ever expect anyone to see the one thing you have for sale?

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I wonder the same thing! Maybe people use them as decorations and like having several.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

First of all, the "value" number tends to be way low, because they want to encourage a player economy. Second, if you use a public vendor, not only do you have a listing fee of 10% + 10g, but if it doesn't sell and you don't pull it in 7 days, it gets sold and you get an amount back based on that "value". If the value is zero (like it is with most store reward items), you get back one (1) gold.

There are three kinds of vendors, public, regular private (they charge the fee but don't have the 7 day expiration), and commission-free (free to re-list an item as many times as you want). Public vendors often have the advantage of being in well-known places, but most of them are in towns where nobody goes to shop. Regular vendors cost 20,000g, but you need a lot to place them on. Commission-free vendors come with village and larger store bundles that cost over $550, but people have extras, and sometimes will buy bundles just to break them up. Most importantly, joining a guild often gives you access to shared vendors.

I would suggest that you hold on to them, or at least the armor, because you may want them later, especially once you have a lot on which to put stuff to show it off. But some people like to have extras of quest reward items for various reasons. They may provide a pattern that can be applied to another weapon or armor, and the club has a lighting effect that people may want.

Spoon and Ffred like this.
  12. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

Thanks much for your detailed reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.