Would it be good to offer exclusive linked Land-Water Lots?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Paradox2, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Would you be in favor of linked Land-Water lots?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox2

Paradox2 Avatar

Currently there are a lot of high level backers that do not appear to have what they consider to be good lot selection options at their level.
    Would it be a good idea to offer a lot of large lots on the outskirts of major towns, where the Main lot was on land with an adjacent water lot that was made exclusively available to those large lots?
    The backer would have to use their bonus lot that comes with their pledge for the Water Lot.
    LotM with Town Water Lot
    Duke with Village Water Lot
    Baron with Village Water Lot

The lots would be scalable, so if a LotM did not take a lot a Duke could take it during their selection time, and if a Duke did not take a spot then a Baron could take it.

I am guessing in future episodes there will be village size boats that would be used for transportation.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I've said before in other threads (including the main Land Rush one), I don't think it would behoove Port to go back and attempt to revise the Land Rush outline and schedule at this late stage. The event is obviously going to cause some drama and headaches (which I also think was part of their idea, imo), but the best course to me is to let the lot selections take place in July as intended, so that we can then actually have a proper accounting of the in-game deeds remaining, along with the available lots that will be left for players.

There was always going to be the risk of not getting the "best" spot, since it's intended as a competitive design for the housing market. I don't necessarily agree with it, but they've made no illusions about it either.

3. Paradox2

Paradox2 Avatar

@HoustonDragon while I agree with you in theory, in reality there still needs to be over 200 LotM/Duke/Baron lots added "Somewhere". I was just offering an option that would be the least disruptive to current town layouts and offer the most satisfaction.
    The lots already need to be added, and the PoT logic for restricting placement is already there. The water lot would be restricted to whomever placed the adjacent land lot. I would even permanently link the 2 lots so they could not be sold off in pieces.
    Actually, these are not new ideas, they have been randomly mentioned at various times. I am satisfied with any solution that is implemented, but I have not seen an official solution proposed yet, so in a way I am guessing as to what I think Port will do to handle all of the high level pledge lot obligations.

At this point I am not trying to (and could not) determine which will take the least amount of time for the developers, adding the lots like mentioned above or adding them somewhere else.
    I am asking the players if this is something THEY would want. If no LotM/Duke/Baron would want to be anywhere but the center of town, no matter what other benefits were offered, then options like this don't really make a difference.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and explain your vote.

4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Having attached land and water lots was the wording used in the Kickstarter, so, it would have to be available to all village+sized deeds.

Sir Frank likes this.
  5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Indeed. Portalarium did pitch the water lots as being attached to your land property, but then they weaseled out when they found it would be difficult to implement. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't expect this to happen, even if it is a nice idea.

Boreus likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

And, for what it's worth, the Duke Island Keep seems to be some sort of scaling city lot.
    They don't work, and are not in game yet, but the idea seems to be that a City Water Lot could be claimed by anybody with a Founder City Deed. However, if a Duke or Lord of the Manor claimed it, and if it were in a large enough body of water, there would be an option to use the Duke Island Keep. A small boat and dock would appear at the shore, and an island keep would appear in the water farther out. I am hoping they get that working sooner, rather than later.

Boreus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.