1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

WTB HOB Cabinet

Discussion in 'Buy Items (WTB Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Lord-Galiwyn, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I wish to buy a HOB cabinet or two. DO to being hospitalized during the event. Please contact me to sell this Item.

2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I don't want to dampen your spirit but, afaik, no one has sold a HOB cabinet since they were released. I did hear of one account being sold (as a whole) that had a HOB cabinet, but nothing separately. Both Duke William and Blake have been trying to buy them. I'm also interested too!

It would be great to hear from prospective sellers what they would want in order to sell. I recall a buyer offering $150!

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have two HOB Cabinets and would be willing to sell one. The price would be significantly higher than "$150".

This is the rarest item in the game, with only a few hundred ever made. It has compelling ties to the story of New Britannia inside the game and out. It is a container, and is very unique in both appearance and function. Years and years from now, this will likely be the one item people are unable to find to complete their "ultimate" collection of SOTA "stuff".

If you're interested in buying one of my cabinets, make me a real offer. I insist on going through Lord Andernut to complete the transaction.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

*shows some leg to sweeten the deal*

5. Drocis the Devious

Can't wait for books to be live in the game. Then I can put the HOB Cabinet out on my front yard with a for sale sign over it. (joking)

6. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

How about a village lot,tax free,for one HOB Cabinet?

7. Drocis the Devious

Unfortunately, that's not something we can make a trade for at the moment. We would need to wait until launch. But I do consider that as a serious offer.

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Do you have a source for this number? In my mind, the phrase a few hundred means 300 minimum. This is interesting as the statue heads sold 392. Which is also only a few hundred, in my mind.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

What the.... Is this cabinet?

10. Drocis the Devious

I watched all of the HOB telethon where the cabinet was "sold" and took note of the amount. I doubt there were more than 300. But no, there's not an official word to my knowledge. I would "guess" we're talking about somewhere between 200 and 300.

I would also speculate that the Oracle Head will have other "versions" of it sold again in the add-on store if the use of the head is as we all seem to expect, being able to communicate remotely with the Oracle.

I don't think we'll ever see another version of the HOB Cabinet for sale.

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

[​IMG]

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

And here I am, expecting the money to be in real estate.
    Seems I was wrong :-D

13. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Garage sale.

14. Drocis the Devious

I know some great player decorated lots where this is already set up...all we need is player created books and player owned vendors. :)

15. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Rare antiquities, my friend.

This is a serious offer.

16. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I wonder if there are sellers who are more lenient....

17. Drocis the Devious

Yes, of course there are. (good luck finding them though!)

But there's only 200 or so cabinets, so eventually that leniency runs out the closer we get to launch and we have what 100k+ people playing this game? At some point, there simply won't be an alternative and the highest bidder will get their prize. It's basic economics.

It's going to work like this...

Person #1 says "I want an HOB Cabinet!" and someone says "Ok, give me $100". Sold!
    Person #2 says "I want an HOB Cabinet! I'll pay $100." and they wait...
    ...then someone says "Ok, I'll sell it for $150". Sold!
    So now Person #1 and Person #2 have their HOB Cabinets.
    Person #3 says "I want an HOB Cabinet! I"ll pay $150." and they wait...
    ...and they wait....
    ......and they wait....
    "Ok, I'll pay $200!" ....and they wait....
    Person #4 and #5 show up and say...."We want an HOB Cabinet too!"

So here we are, discussing trades for an HOB Cabinet in exchange for a Tax Free Village Lot that you can only obtain by paying $550 for a Citizen level pledge.

Anyone want to take a guess how much these things will sell for by launch? Because Person #500 is walking in the room and no one is selling anymore.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well played.

But you are not going to catch me....i guess....maybe....damn it, Now i want a cabinet -.-

19. Drocis the Devious

I have 2 of the 200. If I don't get a serious (actionable) offer by launch, they're going to make great conversation pieces in my wizard tower.

20. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I think the Sojourner Tales cross promotion might beat out the HOB Cabinet. Not sure though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.