www.sotacraft.com - Easy to Read Crafting Recipes

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by ashmaul, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Love the site. It's my go-to for crafting recipes.

While you're making changes, it would be great if the width and height of the box was not fixed. I usually browse on my second monitor, which is in the portrait mode. I end up having to scroll left and right to see all the columns, and the box with the list doesn't stretch down to the bottom of the webpage, so I have to scroll down in it as well.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Pumpkin Soup only needs one jar of vegetable stock
    Jar of vegetable stock only needs one empty jar

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

Would there be any way that the level needed to craft an item could be added?

Rennik, Gaelis, LoneStranger and 2 others like this.
  4. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Great idea, @amethyst25 , this would be extremely helpful. Most of the sites that list crafting info neglect to tell us the level requirement for crafting the item.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Due to the changes with not being able to discover recipes (except for some basic ones), Sotacraft.com updating has not been happening for a release or two.

@ashmaul said he has some plans for it to still be useful, but I can't elaborate on what that might be or the status of it yet.

As for the level requirements, that data field is available for the data entry admin, but that requirement was added well after most of the items were already added and we never had a chance to go back and finish that out. The main issue was that the recipes on the merchants don't tell you the level requirements if you already have it learned.

Even if the levels were all added to the database for each item though, ashmaul doesn't have that field set to be displayed yet anyway. If the demand for that info is great enough, bug ashmaul to add it and I can start a new avatar on an alt to figure it all out.

Leelu and Elfenwahn like this.
  6. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

Work has been crazy for me lately. But I think it is slowing down enough I can get my updates on the site done this month.

Once recipes went from discovery to purchased from the vendors my daily site traffic reduced from 900+ per/day to 150 per/day

At this point I am not sure that how useful this resource is, there is still info I would like to update and see if I can continue to supply relevant crafting information to the community. This requires a good amount of change to the site, so please be patient.

Thanks
    Ash

Chatele, Vyrin, Sentinel2 and 4 others like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Hello.

Has anyone found where the Piano recipe can be purchased? I've tried Ardoris, Owls Head, Aerie, Solania, Etceter, Xenos and Central Brittany. No luck.

Perhaps it's a recipe found through a quest?

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the two useful things that impact me most are knowing which recipes you can just use, and which you need to purchase. If they all need to be purchased now, then some suggestions on how to find the vendors that sell them.
    If I wanted to get into crafting right now, I wouldn't know the difference between augmented plate and epic plate for example. Or shields, are they just different shapes or is there an inherent stat difference between them?

Chatele and Stundorn like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Some, I dunno if all, cooking recipes can be investigated.
    The Recipe Vendors with lots of recipes are in Owls Head, Solania and Ardoris.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The piano recipe is fixed and on vendors. I saw it on the owlshead vendor, behind the trainer there are 3 vendors through the door

Chatele and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, it is there now. Went in a few patches ago.

Also, not many people noticed, but there is a blacksmithing recipe vendor in Owls Head that sells chain and plate armor recipes again... but not in the building behind the trainer.

He is up in the northern section, in the building right behind the butcher npc and the building to the left of our good buddy Theo the blacksmith that gives good prices for weapon loot. :D

Maltese likes this.
  13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Guys lets help her get all the new items in! if we all help and spread sheet out who is doing what, it will take no time at all! Also i volunteer to submit the effects of many things not listed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.