1. Before posting any MODs, please contact us at support@portalarium.com to ensure your MOD is acceptable to the Terms of Service and EULA of the game. Portalarium is not responsible for use of MODs and possible adverse effects on your client or computer, and we may take action on accounts using MODs that are deemed illegal. Whether submitted here or elsewhere in the community, use MODs at your own risk!
    Dismiss Notice

[www.sotatraders.com] - Recipe Resource, Recipe Costing & Aggregated Player Vendor Prices

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rowell, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

A quick question Rowell, apologies as its probably clearly stated somewhere in the guides.. the pricing you use for recipe ingredient costs for manufactured components as oposed to gathered; so for example pie dough, butter etc..are these aggregated prices based on live market prices? so for pie dough: aggregated cost of flour (from purchased grain), sugar (only purchase available right now I believe), salt - purchased rather than gathered, and butter, made from purchased milk.

A better example may be where jars and fuel are also needed.

Thanks for the great work - i plan to use it a lot.

2. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

There's actually two pricing sets. The Market value (for pie dough, for example) is listed on the main page. That's the minimum, maximum and average prices that you would find Pie Dough for sale. That factors in NPC prices (how much they buy it for), as well as aggregated prices from players (what they sell it for on their vendors). When you click on the Pie Dough recipe, all the components are listed, along with their prices from NPC's (if the NPC's sell the item...like tools, or fuels), as well as the minimum, maximum and average prices that players sell the component items for on their vendors. So, while you would have a pretty static price for sugar (as it is only sold by NPC vendors), you could see fluctuating prices on Flour or salt, or butter...since players make those items and can sell them on their vendors for variable prices. The key to the site is a vibrant member base that posts their prices; it gives a larger picture of the economy, and prices for items.

I hope this answers your question. Glad you like the site!

makraiz, Jaesun and Spoon like this.
  3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Update May 11:

- Re-programmed the Region List page to break down all the recipe locations by Region/Town/Vendor. So now all the vendors list the recipes that they sell, listed in order by Region and Town.

makraiz likes this.
  4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Update May 22 (R54 Items & Recipes):

- Added Item & Recipe for Wooden Barrel
    - Added Item & Recipe for Wooden Bath Tub
    - Added Item & Recipe for Wooden Crate
    - Added Item & Recipe for Porcelain Bath Tub
    - Added Item & Recipe for Free Standing Short Banner
    - Added Item & Recipe for Free Standing Long Banner
    - Added Item & Recipe for Common Cloak
    - Added Item for Elven Chandelier
    - Added Item for Elven Table Lamp
    - Added Item for Elven Streetlamp
    - Added Item for Elven Floor Lamp
    - Added Item for Elven Wall Sconce
    - Added Item for Kobold Chandelier
    - Added Item for Tea Service

5. Boo Ladedada

Boo Ladedada Avatar

Wow i'm a new player Rowell i love that site. If you ever need help gathering info in some way shoot me a holla. I think a site like this can really help out.

Thanks
    Boo Ladedada

Rowell likes this.
  6. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Thanks for the offer, Boo. You can actually help out right now. The site has an Update feature that allows members to add and update items, as well as add and update recipes. So if you find an item or recipe that doesn't exist on the site, or if you find a mistake on an item or recipe, you can fix it right away on the site. After the update gets verified, it becomes live on the site.

7. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Over the next day or three, I'll be updating all the NPC Vendor names (and adding any that are missing). I will also be adding the TYPE of vendor they are as well (Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cooking Supplies, Groceries, Housing Deco, Magic Ingredients, Tailor, Tavern Keep). That information will also show up when you look at a recipe, as well as in the Region/Town/Vendor break down of all the recipes (who sells what).

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  8. Boo Ladedada

Boo Ladedada Avatar

you bet I will start watching this site every day and see what I can do.

Rowell likes this.
  9. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Will be adding this functionality (the ability to include the URL of an image of your store location) in tonight's update for the site.