Anyone else get Hit...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rowell, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Anyone else get hit with legal documents from Travian Games accusing you of being a RMT trader?

If the Travian Legal Team doesn't even take the time to visit the web site to see that there are absolutely no RMT transactions (just in-game prices items are selling for, and recipes for crafting), doesn't that mean they're just wasting time filing legal documents?

It would have been nice to have them look at the site before just firing off legal documents. Or even having a conversation about a web site that does nothing but praise Shroud of the Avatar.

Guess I should put this out here (in case people don't already know): SotaTraders.com is NOT a RMT item trading site. It's a site where the in-game prices of items are listed with their in-game currency value. It's a site where crafting recipes, and where they are sold are listed. It's a site where players can post the in-game currency values of the items they craft, so other players can contact them to craft items for in-game currency purchase.

No Real Money changes hands, nor is it ever encouraged or suggested.

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

3. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

4. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I'm sure Travian has a good reason for serving you with legal documents. Are you sure everything you're doing is on the up and up. They have to protect their brand, after all.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Do take this very serious, it is often an ploy companies like to use making money, i am no legal expert but with thoose things it can easily happen that if you do not react they get moeny from you, no matter if you are guilty or not.
    Given they did not do much research it can be they did not do much research or smelled the oportunity to make money.

6. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

@Cerus - could you look into this?

7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Nope, if they did there research they do no, it is perfectly legal to trade items ingame for in game currency (even store bought) but it is an grande opportunity to make a few grand aside to drag people to court and then settle on an agrement or make it an long costly battle in court.
    Travian is an shady company, so the prability is high they smell the dough and try it

8. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

This sort of stuff worries me. It sounds like those people that get banned and swear they didn't cheat, or that their little brother did it. It's not exact, but I get that vibe. I'm interested to see what @Cerus has to say about this! I think Travian is a respected company, besides a few naysayers. I'm sure whatever is just will come out.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

If they where respectable they would have done research, seen that an site about trade ingame is perfectly legal and have forgotten about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
  10. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Check the link: http://www.sotatraders.com/

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Derium like this.
  11. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Eh, not big on visiting sites that aren't approved. I'll wait to see what @Cerus can suss out.

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Its an site about gold prices ingame.
    Only an crooked lawyer would find anything wrong with that.
    (you know the old joke "What about 100 lawyers with concrete boots on the ground of hudson river? An good start!"

13. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

14. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Is it possible to see a (redacted if needed) version of the correspondence? Probally need to clarify what's going down here.

15. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Hi everyone and thanks for pointing me to this.
    I am contacting @Rowell directly to review what exactly is happening.
    To avoid any further rumors / speculations I am closing this thread for now, but will update it with a statement once everything is sorted out.

Thanks!

16. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Dear all,

Thank you for your patience while we had a closer look at this case.
    First of all: We'd like to assure that there will be no actions against the website www.sotatraders.com, its admin(s), nor against other websites of this kind.

Regardless of the fact that the above mentioned website is not RMT related, please, rest assured that the Travian Games team is fully aware that Real Money Transactions is a legal and viable element in the SotA Community.
    Travian Games operates with an external law office which is in charge of trademark infringements and violations of ToS and EULA across all products made and published by Travian Games. Unfortunately, the above mentioned document was sent out as a result of a misconception of the law office in question, as they were not aware that Shroud of the Avatar, unlike all other TG games, permits RMT under the conditions mentioned on the official SotA platforms.
    We apologize to @Rowell for this misunderstanding and - again - want to assure that there will be no further prosecution on that matter.

If there are any further questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact us directly via PM or via support@portalarium.com

Thanks,
    Cerus

Hornpipe, Elwyn, Alley Oop and 26 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.