Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wynston Haevia / Elara Solstar "Records of Obsidians Quest" log/issue

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by kaeshiva, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

5/24/2018 2:16 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Err...I dunno. Its there. Taunting me.
    Blocker? The bit of uncompleteable quest tracker task is blocking my screen, does this count?
    Details:

Okay, so!
    I will start by saying I am pretty sure I have done this quest before, or rather, Elara Solstar - another NPC in Desolis gave me the same or similar quest - to get the ancient experimental logbook from epitaph and turn it in.

Wynston Haevia has also given me this quest, and it is showing on waypoints and in journal.

However, despite all forms of possible enticement (dialogue options) and additional creativity, he never opens the dialogue box to accept the book. I expect this is because as I say, I think I've done this before, and it is perhaps stuck in my log.

I will also mention there's a grammatical issue in the 'mouseover' text on this journal entry that continues to taunt me, which actually makes the taunting a bit...worse...somehow....

[​IMG]

I read it about 6 times...but, yeah. Anyway.

So, two problems really.
    Biggest issue is : Quest cannot be completed (again) and will not go away from my logbook.

[​IMG]

These are the two pertinent entries in my journal.

Having done the first, I can't do the second.
    Also, despite the quest indicating she will pay me well for any others I may find (her idea of paying "well" being highly debatable...) the fact of the matter is she does not / will not accept further books / this task does not actually seem repeatable.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Desolis. Talk to people. Try to force feed them books in vain.
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.777.Date.05.18.18
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-425.3, 104.2, -112.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTQyNS4zMjYsIDEwNC4xNTMsIC0xMTIuMTAzKXwoMCwgMC44NTcsIDAsIDAuNTE1KXwxMTguMjE5MnwxMy41NTQ2NXw5LjIwNTYyMg==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@kaeshiva, it's been a while for me too and this may have changed, but there are three logbooks down there, and i was able to give someto one and some to the other, but i think you can only turn in each book once, not get extra copies and give all of them to both.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

@Alley Oop
    Interesting...the issue I'm having is that he wont even open a window for me to give him anything. Most quest turnins they'll still ask for it, even if you've not got it - Often this is a way to verify what exactly they're asking you to get. I'll pick up all the books next time I'm in there and see if that makes a difference, but concern is I have no actual way to hand it to him. If leaving them in a pile at his feet would get it out of my quest log, I'd do it...;)

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.