Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Your cotton should not be safe, you need walls.

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Iforgot, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

guards are useless against Django once you've unchained him!

[​IMG]

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah I thought that was a kinda no brainer there. I understand the thought process, but really not seeing it being viable to implement in any practical way.

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

WHAT SHADE OF DYE! Plus no riding of horse yet. 8^p

Moonshadow and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

rooster blue and Django is like Chuck Norris, if he wants to ride a horse, he rides a horse.

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    great! Now I have the intro song stuck in my head! :p

Moiseyev Trueden and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

As long as it does not lead to invisible walls because of people getting upset about losing their crops, I support the idea.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

arghh random rotations and sizes are neededddddd on these images there is a cotton army

8. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I would like that.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The picture of the cotton fields....the horror....the horror.....

Non the less I think there should be a way to steal cotton and the other agri stuff if there is no protection.

10. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I don't see why it's a conundrum. If their crops disappeared like their pack does when the player was offline or in a different scene then there'd be no need to be having this discussion.

11. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

I <3 you thank you for not being a greedy human being, and actually making it look nice and "realistic" as you can get in a fantasy world. again great job, your parents raised you correctly.

12. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i think it should be a flag system located at lot-security level. let the lot owner decide if their crop(s) can be stolen or not. if allowed - let the crop yield be higher if it isn't stolen as the risk/reward. i'm thinking like 10-20 percent more at most..

similar thought process as the 'locked doors' premise you've had for pvp, ravi. :)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

ya, I can see that. :) What I am worried about is watering down the pvp areas in general. We do not need to be any easier on people in pvp areas. If you are there you should be fair game IMO. This game needs the risk/reward factor and not any selective immune areas within a pvp area. I do like the locked doors and such but they should be able to be lock picked :)

ThurisazSheol and Kendric Darrow like this.
  14. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I don't agree with having this locked behind a user decision, it should be down to the devs to decide the appropriate rule set not the user as 99% of users will just lock them which makes the system pointless. As Ravicus pointed out the game needs risk/reward so giving users options like this will further decrease that aspect of the game.

However I do agree, the only instance I can possibly see where allowing the user to decide if a crop can be stolen is acceptable would be if when they are flagged stealable plants grow twice as fast or something of that nature which would promote allowing them to be flagged stealable.

15. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

there is a lot of cotton (lots of 2000 piecies !!! ) on public vendors this is destroyng the economy and no one are gatering cotton from wild fields ... it's necessary that the cotton and other agricolture items can be stealed from all players... like on real world... if someone want to protect agricolture it's necessary that fences and walls are used.

maybe can be nice if a player can be automating flagged PVP (for 10 minutes) cutting cotton on private properties. (and eventually killed)

Same thing with all NPC OBJECTS... a NEW FLAG on top of player with a "THIEF" word .. or a GREY NAME OF PLAYER .. that identify WHO steal something on guard protected cities..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

You seem to be contradicting yourself. If users have no choice how can there be risk and reward? Surely the rewards would be in place to encourage users to risk unlocking?

In the real world fences and walls are used to control livestock, not protect from thieves. Having to climb a wall or jump over a fence has never been much of a disincentive for a thief.

17. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

one still has to gather cotton from wild bushes... beetle carapiece's .....
    none of what you are seeing is coming from our farm. we have only made 1 sale pvtly so far the rest was consumed locally.
    what yall decide to do to each other in a pvp town is fully up to you i respect that...

Warning though...
    1) the minor gains you get from ripping off low lvl players of their hard spent farm items. will only foster more ill will to the pvp community. you keep telling me its about the kills etc. bottom line plants should be plants no matter where the are in the game in pot. if those plants are wild plants then they should follow their rules.
    2) my production rates would be insane if what you suggested happened. And not 1 pvper would ever be able to touch a single plant. was tested several time's no one ever entered my city

Tahru, Solazur and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  18. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

All I know is if they made it so you could steal crops from other players I'd never grow it. I'd just steal it from other players who were dumb enough to waste all that time on agriculture instead. Eventually though people would stop growing it entirely because who wants to put in all that work just to lose it the moment the growing cycle completes?

Also if you only put crop theft in PvP zones, no one will grow it in PvP zones for the above reasons. Unless you're creating a honeytrap to murder would-be thieves that is.

19. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think one of the problems with crop theft and people saying it's not realistic to prevent people from stealing is that, in real life, you couldn't steal an entire field of cotton. And if you did, it would be rather noticeable when you did and when you tried to sell it. Here, a player could pocket a keep lot's worth of cotton, walk off to an NPC vendor and make it vanish instantly without a trace.

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I just want to point out, that if there are no mobs and no pvp theft in a pvp town. You will be able to have the safety of a pve town and the safety from no NPC's trying to attack you while harvesting. It will just be nonstop farming with invisible wall protections. Yes I agree that probably no one would farm in a pvp town this way but its their choice to go pvp or pve. Things need to have some kind of consequences, especially in pvp areas. Its not a punishment but a ruleset.

Ice Queen and Roper Docholiday like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.