Why do we still have two different Deed Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cryodacry, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

They are still unique, because they are tax free :)

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are Tax Free POT Deeds available through Bundles.

3. Paladin Michael

You're right.

The different COTOS would be necessary ONLY if the long term idea was/is to give a special meaning to the different COTOS.
    For example: 1 meteoric is worth 4 iron ...
    Or there would be towns/merchants only accepting a special kind of cotos
    Or there would be items which only could be purchased with special kind of cotos ...

Olthadir likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

:eek: - you got me ! :)

Yes, that's right, so this would be a good reason not to change TAX FREE POT deeds to TAX FREE ANYWHERE deeds.
    But it wouldn't take away the unique state if only TAXED POT could also used anywhere? ;)

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm expressing no opinion on the subject at hand as I haven't yet formed one... I was simply pointing out a factual oversight.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Beside this:
    may be if the team would decide to change this in a "one deed fits everywhere", maybe the KICKSTARTER BACKERS (only!) should receive an adjustment, of -for example- COTOS / SPECIAL KICKSTARTER ONLY House ???
    OR the possibility for a free upgrade of their deeds to next higher?
    I think, if the team wants to find a solution: they will :)

7. Paladin Michael

I understood it that way :) That's an important point to consider before doing any change!

Olthadir likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have never placed my tax-free place anywhere deeds anywhere except in a pot but that doesn't mean I don't want the option. Pot deeds have a purpose imo. They make pot living viable. Some Players have all this fear of living in a pot because perhaps they don't want to lose progress from decorating efforts and think perhaps pot governors will impose stringent rules on them. Yet most don't do anything and go about their own business. Saving your decorated home to a property manager slot is always wise for just about anyone even pot owners. It is a precautionary measure if you've put a lot of time and effort into it. I don't agree to changing deeds to be all the same. I still believe in having pot deeds to make them viable. Imagine how many players would not have known what a wonderful experience living in a pot (player owned town) could be without these. As a steward and co-manager in a pot I know that my decisions for Wizards Rest are all about making a wonderful home experience for anyone living there and who would be living there if pot deeds were not created? It is an awesome little relaxed town. So I'm a no to changing the way deeds work.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I wonder how upset people really would be as their deeds would still be collector items... It would make their existing properties worth more in regards to location as there would be more people able to use the spots in NPC towns. It would also allow players to fill the towns that are less popular like Brecken Bay or any of the other Non Premium towns ... (that supper foggy town ?)

Either way demanding restitution for your deed no longer being as unique as it was before is childish. Your deeds were bought with the idea of supporting the development. Caring a sense of entitlement over the greater health of the game seems like short sighted support of the development. Other than this taking away from the "special" factor of PA deeds. I do not see how this hurts the game. In fact i see it greatly simplifying things like water deeds. Personally i think the benefit far out weights the loss of a handful of people being upset over their deeds not being as special as they once were.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually, I'm wondering what they're going to do going forward into Ep2,3,4,5 and whether the "TF Place Anywhere" deeds will be transferable between continents, or specific to Novia. I was expecting if there were Kickstarter campaigns for each episode that there might be pledges with TF deeds specific to the new continents, but it looks like they're not doing that.

11. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Your points are valid but i think your argument is false. Simplified your saying that the sale of bundles only offers POT TF deeds. Those people Must interact with the POT owners to fill out the POT's. This does nothing for the overwhelming fear and lack of understanding on What POT's are. Players that buy bundles have no idea and get frustrated over the fact that they cannot place their house. Then comes the confusion over the different types of Deeds. POT's are about the communities. Arcadia for one is a close knit community that is not restricted to one guild. Even if this changed i would still never leave Arcadia. But the health of the game needs this change. Imagine the confusion of a new player when he goes into Brecken Bay and sees only a couple of houses ? This is a town that is just out side of Britania. Say the aspire to live there but are now forced to barter their way into a PA TF deed unless they are going to pay COTO's every month to live there. You don't see how this can generate disgust for our current housing system. This is before they even get to all the awesomeness that is decorating your own home.

12. Paladin Michael

Well, I am with your thoughts Cryodacry, but it is a matter of fact (if somebody likes it or not) things were promised.
    The only way to change things like this would be - as I posted above - to compensate people with a very good EXTRA.
    May be beside things I suggested above, a special SIGN or ENRAVING telling people moving along their deed, that's one of the FOUNDER backers of this game.

I think it's important to honor the people for what they made possible. And it also wouldn't hurt the game to do so :)
    If a change should be done - it should be in a fair way!

13. Paladin Michael

You can buy these reservations for transfering POT in shop. May be the same will happen for lot deeds?

14. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Their deeds are still Founders deeds. Nothing would change that. So they would still be just as collectible as they were in the beginning. I just feel that tieing access to NPC towns to these deeds is a bad move for the health of the game.

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The biggest reason has already been stated.

A pot deed is for a player owned town that another player owns. You could be evicted from your spot at any moment if the governor so desired.

A pa deed is used in an npc town where you cannot be evicted. These towns also have trainers, quests and some have merchants that pay more for goods.

There is a definite need for 2 different types of deeds with the way the game is set up. Changing them all to one deed type now is impossible and would cause larger problems with the current player base.

Empty towns really have nothing to do with this argument. Those will fill up if more players start playing and want the security of knowing they cannot be evicted from their property.

Elwyn and Alioth like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They aren't tied to these deeds. You can purchase place anywhere deeds right now.

What you're proposing would only help a player that drops $300+ on a bundle without figuring out how the housing works. That is a very small amount of players. Most players won't consider a purchase like that until they really understand what they are getting.

It would however change value and function of deeds for current players. Making any part of the current player base angry with a change like this is definitely not good for the health and longevity of the game.

Elwyn and Alioth like this.
  17. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Your going to have to explain a little bit more how this would not be good for the health / longevity of the game. You do realize we are only going to get more land to populate and with that comes more NPC towns. What happens to the Current NPC towns when the players move to the new towns ? There is no value added to the game by segregating out the deeds. You can just look into history and find out that segregation in general is just bad. Do you want Ghost towns that have quests running through them ? Your arguing that if a player aspires to live in a NPC town they must pay COTO's. What makes their support any less when they buy a City level bundle ? Is it because they didn't know about the game until now and pledge 3,200 on their city bundle ? Under that argument you are not helping the health of the game. In fact you are hurting it because you are artificially making a barrier to be "special"

Like i said i have yet to see a good argument on how keeping the deeds seggregated helps the game. @majoria70 has valid points but i would argue that it is the communities who run the POT's charge to fill their POT's rather than forcing New players buying bundles to fill POT's. Especially with PRT's being barren and some NPC towns being barren.

This is a Terrible argument on your part ... This is one of the biggest reasons why i think Deeds need to be simplified. Having trainers and NPC's with better prices on buying goods are decent incentives to live in a NPC town. Though trainers are short lived especially once you really develop your character. Then there are the NPC prices... To people really in the know of this standard NPC towns have ok prices. Really if your looking to get the most bang for your buck on these you travel to the NPC's that sell at 100 % value. There are only a couple of them in the game seeded in Major towns. They are not even in the towns like Brecken Bay or any other NPC town that is just a ghost town because players are not able to populate it.

18. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Get rid of taxes, or lower them. Have taxes be used for something, some type of service.

19. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Unfortunately i don't think it will be possible to get rid of Taxes... Lower probably wont happen either as they are the only real economic drain on gold in our game.

20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The white paper on POT lot deeds was specific to tie them to POT living.

Converting Tax Free POT lots will also cause other issues as you can upgrade your bundle size and PA lots do not currently have this technology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.