Beyond Frustrated...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HogwinHD, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't really see any problem with UT or adding more spawn rooms that are similar as long as there are some better controls on the loot. The normal mobs could just have loot tables similar to elementals, and bosses or mini bosses at the end could still have boss loot tables but also have a placeholder mob if it's been less than x minutes since the last time it spawned.

Spawn rooms are fun and it's nice to be able to fight a lot of stuff without spending half the time running, so I hope they will get it right and add more.

Ronni likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm just wondering if Disney World will ever be the same after last week.

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
  3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You should play Warframe then, the perfect game for players like you.
    It is a good game btw. so i am not kidding there, +tons of grinding.

But in an RPG/MMO or whatever i expect more than just boring spawn rooms all over the place.

Elwyn and Lazlo like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I've said it before, and see no reason to not say it again.

1- Make what is currently 2xp the norm and get rid of this assinine death penalty.
    2- Fix all quests.
    3- Make loot something that even approaches reasonable.
    4- And give crafting/harvesting a LOT of love.

These alone will bring back most all of those who've left and keep our current population moving steadily forward ;)

The entire reason UT is so incredible popular is because it allows groups of people to maximize their xp gain per hour........ period.

And why are people so focus'd on gaining xp's ?

Because with more xp's come more and better skills.
    More and better skills allows us to more fully explore and adventure all over the lands.

Getting rid of the current xp drain that each death costs and replacing it with something other than the "1 step forward, 1 step backward" current death "consequence" is something that must be done for this game to move forward.

People have only so much time to play and enjoy this game, and to lose more and more ground each time they die is beyond counterproductive, and yet this is exactly what our "death penalty" does.

The death penalty is like a never-ending circular battle.

Think about it!
    You die and lose xp pool or skills.
    So you say to yourself "Ok, then I'll get better at my skills so I won't die as much".

Wrong !

Wrong because when you raise your skills to die less, you also raise your death penalty cost because you now have put even more xp's into skills in your attempt to not die as much.

The higher you go with your char, the less inclined you are to die because it costs more.
    The less inclined you are to venture into areas where you might die is like a dagger to the kidney.
    It takes more and more fun away the more you progress, because you are less and less inclined to adventure to places where you might die.... you know, the more fun places.

One of the reasons UO is still here after 20 yrs, is because the "consequence" of death was gradual reduction of your "Title", and never - ever - set you back in skills.

SotA simply MUST find a PROPER "consequence" for death, because making people hesitant to explore and adventure because of the more-than-bitter-pill -of re-grinding what is lost upon death is the primary reason so many people have gone elsewhere for "fun".

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm sure they never thought of this.

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I don't group much, I don't equate groups to fun. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way. Dangerous assumption to build an argument on.

Lynx Fain, Elwyn, mass and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

First this is not the only place (ut) where you can get attenuated. There's other dongeon you can do it under an hour.

If"fixing" ut means making it more difficult I am all for it. It can be solo and that's not good...

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Dyonisys
    Dragons and other "bosses" can be solo'd now.

If they "fix" bosses so they're impossible to solo, it means that those bosses will hit way harder than they do now.

When that is done, then those who currently solo will bring along 1 or 2 others to help, and continue to "almost-solo" them.

In the meantime the new damages that bosses do will keep normal groups away and the end result will be that only a very, very select few can fight them at all.

Is this really what you want ?

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You really need to put what I said into the context of what the topic is about......if you don't want to put what I said into context, I did include a little bit just for you:

I'm guessing you just read my first sentence completely out of context and just assumed what the rest of my post was saying. As they say you shouldn't assume anything because we know what happens when you do.

10. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

I'm ok with most of the zone, wasn't talking about bosses but more for UT. This place could be a little more difficult to run than it is now...

I agree with you with most of bosses and other zone but place like ut with so much xp to be made could be little harder

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

UT plays like Diablo. And Diablo, at least 1 and 2, were fantastic. Keep the action coming, lets get it on!

So now that we've got something that works, copy paste it for different difficulty levels in different areas around the game.

Heck, East Vauben Foothills used to have a small zombie horde. Now it has 1 zombie coming out of that house. WTH? Take it up about 20 notches, paste UT on it, and lets kill some zombies! Have the relentlessly coming out of the fields.

Anywhere there's undead you have an easy explanation for why they just keep coming. So bring it!

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Maybe not harder, maybe just slower reset on the waves. Like someone said, UT has a 20-30 second timer for the reset, so you never stop. Leave the mobs untouched, leave the experience untouched, but increase the delay, maybe it 2 minutes before those clansmen mages respawn, or even 3minutes. This won't make the zone Elites only, but will scale down the experience a little.

@Chris

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  13. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

yes, it can be solod because players use strategy and it takes them a good long while to do so, making it neccessary to join a group if you want to do it faster.

FrostII and Brugas like this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yup you're right,, on a more thorough read I find myself broadly agreeing with your post.

Did you really put that para in just for me? How nice! :)

Black FjP and Rinaldi like this.
  15. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

@FrostII :D

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Lol, @Mishras Yes, and there was no AdvLvl on that one .... hehehe

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  17. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

It's keeping me wai ai ai ai aiting...

FrostII and Synergy Blaize like this.
  18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

I prefer it to the way it is now honestly, I like the fact it's a short wait in-between waves, it's great , always keeps me on my toes

Tila Tenderfoot and FrostII like this.
  19. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Damn You @Tazar
    I have been singing your "att...en...u...ation" song in my head at UT!!!
    *shakes fist & goes off humming*

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Upper Tears confuses me, what's its intent? If it's suppose to be the only place to really want to go if you want fast and good xp and loot for little work then its perfect.

Idk whats going on with the cap or the decay. We need a real explanation ive heard this was planned to be a high endgame expierance all I can really say is thank goodness for player made dungeons.

Upper tears is a control point that is better and easier than all the previous control points. I know mac or someone will say CP's are better but in the last 400 LFG its about 400 for ut and zero for cp's. Also I cant say ive seen a single lfg for the rise.

They can leave UT as it is but please make some 2-3 mill capped HARDER dungeons(not ruin keep like)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    gtesser, Witcheypoo and Brewton like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.