Goodbye SotA, thanks for the time spent together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I wasn't sure I wanted to make a public post about that, but maybe it's right to extend my greeting to the whole community and explain the reasons of my choice in sign of gratitude for the good times spent together.

When I first heard about SotA 2 years ago it seemed like a daydream, I immediately bought and downloaded the game and I found myself catapulted into this "reality".

The first experience was a wonderful thing thanks to the many features that completely differentiated the game from the others mmorpgs like the classless system, player owned towns, many pvpers around, skill based combat, deck building, Telethons and the Ultima series feeling.

Over time my character has grown strong, thanks to the skill based combat I was able to reach unimaginable goals for the character of my level, in both boss hunting and pvp.

I inherited the leadership of one of the major commercial guilds "Lodge of Traders" and founded what is today "The Antrax's Army" of which I am proud and I have had many satisfactions, thanks to the high fidelity and respect of its members becoming in a short time an excellence in the pvp scene.

I arrived in a very short time to become the governor of an overland pot just using currency gained ingame thanks to the hard work and help of my friends, having in this way the ability to accommodate many people as possible for free when the new players could not get their own free deeds yet.

The passion of the development team had immediately fascinated me, I loved their work and I wanted to contribute, and I did it thanks to the possibility of the trailer contest of which I'm proud of having obtained the first place and the ambassadors program.

With the evolution of the events I really took the project to heart and started my work as an ambassador, not only of the Italian community but of a large part of the population. I tried to be their guide and their voice for a long time.

Time is passed, and the ambassador program was discountinued for we do not know what reason, but as you well know it was not a role to decide my action, so I continued to help and support the community and publicize the game to those who did not know it.

Times have changed, and change after change SotA has really become a mere and encouraged place to be able to farm privately (using words i've seen in some posts today) and all those who pushed to get serious game issues solved and opposed themselves found themselves ignored in favor of a minor part of population, but with a loudly voice.

A giant part of my friends and ingame "enemies" left the game for this reason and the lack of pvp incentives/contents and the big incentives to play in solo mode grinding for i don't know what reason, the myth of 5% of population interested in pvp prevailed as the famous black friday aneduct, it was a big lie but continuing to spread misinformation risks being met.

So we are at this moment, I saw over 100 people leaving the game for the reasons mentioned above and the usual dozens of voices infer on the now sad fate of the pvp and open multiplayer, to give space to fishing, incentivized or forced private mode and dance parties.

The question will come spontaneously: Is Antrax leaving like a kid for the new siege change?

No i'm not, I don't even do sieges, the reason for which I am leaving is much more extensive and complicated than that.

Remember, those who care more for you are those who will be more disappointed and hurt if you betray them.

The major reason for which i'm leaving is the way that development has taken, far years light of the idea that they showed in recent years, and maybe it was my fault, probably I misunderstood what were the goals and purposes for this project. I really thought this game would have marked an era just like Ultima did a long time ago, that the main goal were to attract a large population and not blocking their entry because of vetoes imposed by a small circle of vet users.

I really feel like a fish out of water here, and I cannot bear it anymore.

I give my best wishes to @Lord British @DarkStarr , but especially to @Chris (Make this game great man!).

Greetings and thanks to all those who have enriched my gaming experience.

a strong hug

Antrax

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Bom, Crendel, Vox Aquila and 42 others like this.
  2. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

By Tor likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I agree that sota is going in every way except those promised to us. Too many head is designing this game. If i had a vote to make, it would go to ATOS and LIST ROSTOV. The only guys that are close to the community and actually play the game.

Cordelayne, Bom, Vox Aquila and 15 others like this.
  4. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

:( Peace Antrax. I understand your reasons and appreciate you putting them in the light.

5. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

You were a positive and constructive member of this community and it is sad to see you leave. I'm not on much myself due to personal reasons (work, family) perhaps just taking a break, putting the game aside could "recharge your batteries" so to speak. Take care and perhaps we will see you back to torment those who deserve it. Cheers @Antrax Artek

Bom, Antrax Artek, Almar and 6 others like this.
  6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

7. eli

eli Avatar

8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Antrax, hope you'll come back soon as you are a HUGE asset to the community. I'll keep making the game great until you do!

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I wish you the best always but really you don't need to make it public because we never know what is in the horizons for this game. Don't say goodbye and leave yourself opened to whatever if you come back one day. Here's hoping that massive amounts of funding will come someday to this game to do all the wonderful things that are still possible. We still have options we just need the funds, man power, and focus to do them.

10. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Antrax Artek We'll see ya when you get back from your break <3

I'll let you know when cool PvP stuff is added if someone else doesn't beat me to it :)

11. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Over the years you have become a good friend Antrax, I hope the game goes in a direction we all want it to sooner than later, you reconsider an we see you again!

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

cya bud, while ur gone I’ll be stealing ur kills!

I’ll shout “For Antrax” as I behead them in your remembrance.

Edit: oh wait I gave up on pvp nvm.

13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Farewell and stop by and see us from time to time. Make a sudden appearance and surprise us all. You and your influence on the game will be missed. Best wishes on your next adventure

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hasta luego amigo. That was a really nice note. I hope we still see you anyway.

15. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

@Antrax Artek - I'm sorry to see you go! You've done so much FOR OTHERS in this game (in just two years! wow!) ... so appreciated by so many I'm sure.

I personally appreciate your public statement. We get to understand what you liked two years ago, how you got involved, how you helped others, how you enjoyed what you did, and then how that waned as time went on. Basically, we all grow a bit from your story--your experience.

I'm an old guy. Ultima was part of my college+ years and I've been in UO for over 20 years. Now I'm in SotA for 6 years ... and planning many years to come. I too look for more of that Ultima-era feeling to grow into this game. Will it come? I hope so. Personally, I think so.

Sure, I'm a fisherman and long ago said I'd be happy if fishing came into SotA by Release 71. It seemed like a joke I made in Release 8 or so, but I was actually sort of serious too. Well, the devs added it a bit ahead of my personal schedule and that's okay (connections to the weather system, treasures, and maybe some combat are still coming I hope). I'm not a PvP person & don't adventure a lot, but I am a community person/leader helping people (like you are).

You will be missed. I imagine you made contributions and touched people beyond your own realization and to people you don't even know.

Please consider Shroud of the Avatar and us players here as a home, and as friends/neighbors you can always visit or return to ... especially as @Chris continues to make this game better ("great") with all the other devs.

Be safe out there Antrax. Hope to see you again.

/bow
    Winfield, Old Man

Bom, Serion, eagell and 14 others like this.
  16. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Even though we didn't see eye to eye on many things I respected you as a player and game advocate. I understand your frustration as you and I have conferred on many in-game issues. Interestingly enough I have been waiting 28 days for support@portalarium to even respond to a ticket I put in back in January. It doesn't seem the "team" is interested in resolving player issues as much as DJing dance parties. Anyway, I wish you the best and hope to see you again in the future, whether in this game or another.

Bom, Antrax Artek and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  17. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

Sorry to hear you are going bud you will be missed I was hoping to have a big enough guild to take on your guild . Most of my guild has left for other reasons and I never had a good enough team to take your guys on.
    I was hoping Ox Null would come back and help but that will be to late now and I don't think Ox will be back :(
    Sad times

Bom and Antrax Artek like this.
  18. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

Looks folks, "It is what it is", once Blizzard announces Diablo 4 or perhaps Project Gorgon gets a bit further in its development or maybe Pantheon Rise of the Fallen makes some more strides, the devs will listen... Perhaps then it will be TOO LATE..

Bom, jmcclain1, Kappa and 1 other person like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Antrax Artek, Engel and Birko like this.
  20. addrox

addrox Avatar

Thank for Everything Antrax ... i just want to say ... oh no Mangars ... help ...*puuuuugggghhhhhh* .... Oo o0o0o o0OoooO Oo Oo0o0 ooO OO OO O 0o0o0oo0 oo00oO O0o0o0 ...

Juanita~

Antrax Artek and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.