Guide to Naming your Lots (House Name) and the new Lot Listing Window

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Anpu, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Release 89 added a few new things to help players find your lots much more easier now, while in a town where you own a lot! This guide will go over the basics of setting this up.

What you can do now, is actually name your lots in a town to a helpful name, and that name will now always be seen to all players when in a town and they bring up the Lot Listing window, in the House name field. Even if you are playing the game with a different character on the same account, this name will always be shown to all players.

Some good examples might be: Say you have a lot where you sell Artifacts. You could rename your lot to Worlds Best Artifacts! And then when players open the Lot Listing they will now see your lot named Worlds Best Artifacts! and perhaps might come over to check out what you have for sale.

Some fun and creative uses might be you have a Lot that is set up as an Ancient Ruin, or perhaps a Mysterious Portal. You can actually name your lots that! And perhaps players might see that name in the Lot Listing and go check your place out.

Example: in the Player Owned Town of Dragomir Mori (near Aerie) I have a lot named Maya's Memorial Park:
    [​IMG]
    If a player goes into Dragomir Mori and opens the Lot Listing window, they will see a lot that is named Maya's Memorial Park in the House Name field. And can go visit it if they wish.

Opening the Lot Listing Window
    The Lot listing window can be brought up in several ways and can be opened at any time AND can show you where a specific lot can be found!

To bring up the Lot Listing window click the Window Selector icon at the top right of your screen, then click on Lot Listing:
    [​IMG]

If you want to change this to a key to bring up anytime, just click on the Options icon at the top right, then click the Controls tab. Find the option Toggle Lot List and put in a key you would like to use (I changed mine to Left Ctrl + U):
    [​IMG]

Adding this key binding will now allow you to bring up this window at any time just pressing the keys you have assigned to it.

How to find a lot in the Lot Listing Window
    Once you open the Lot Listing Window you can have it show you where a lot is! Just open the Lot List Window, then select a lot you want to visit then click the Set Compass Destination button:
    [​IMG]

This will now add a marker to the compass and your map to where this lot can be found.:
    [​IMG]

You can do this as many times as you want or start over to and find a different lot at any time!

Naming you Lot (House Name)
    To name your lot so it will show up in the Lot Listing Window, in the House Name field is really easy to do!

You will need to be in the specific town you do have a lot claimed in, and then just open the Lot Deeds Window (the default key for this is u):
    [​IMG]
    And click on the lot in to town you have claimed then right click on it and select the Rename Lot Deed option and then rename the lot to the name you want to use in the Lot Listing Window. In the above example I have this lot named Anpu's Mansion in the town of Jade Gardens. You can name this however you wish. Just remember, you can ONLY do this while you are in a town where you have claimed a lot in it.

After Renaming your lot, it may take a few before it is added to the Lot Listing Window. So just just give it a few moments.

Now when players enter the town and open the Lot Listing window, they will see a listing for Anpu's Mansion:
    [​IMG]

And that's it! In the above examples, you can see many many people are not using this option to quickly list their lots with a specific name when players open the Lot Listing Window. But that's ok! You may not want your lot name showing up here. But if you are someone selling items or want players to come check out your lot, this is a very handy way to get people to quickly notice you and possibly get them to come and visit your lot! Just remember to use a good and descriptive name that might attract peoples attention.

This is just a handy tip you all can use to have your lots show up on the Lot Listing Window, and possibly get people to some check out your lot, even if it is just a neat scene, a dungeon entrance or vendor where you sell your various wares.

Please feel free to let me know if I just didn't explain anything clearly or if you have any questions!

More helpful guides: Anpu's Guides to Getting Started - The Outskirts and beyond

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Anpu
    Thank you for these instructions. I have always names my lots with the type of house on the lot. It helps me keep track of what house I have on multiple characters since the characters name is in the lot list. Can you also do a guide for Governors? If this is something that can be done on a POT level. I can think of many uses fr it such as if I have several sections inn my POT I could add that to the name until someone claims it and then they can rename it. Or I could put special features in the listing to help Avatars choose the right lot for them like "Close to Crafting stations, or how many rooms are let on an Inn. I am sure governors can come up with a lot more ideas.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Warrior B'Patrick sadly no, I can’t do a Governor guide as I don’t own or are a steward of a player owned town.

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Would you like to be? My town could use some fresh ideas.

5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Just an FYI this has been in since R 40.

StarLord and Anpu like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The listing of the Lot Name in the Lot Window is new as I stated, but yes, we have been able to rename our lots for a while.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Wilfred and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you for that. If I get around to doing such a guide, I will take you up on that offer. Thank you!

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great guide, Anpu! Thank you, good sir :) Got a link to it up on the Community Events Page.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  9. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Thank You Anpu, been awhile since I played, had forgotten about renaming lots as well. Just renamed all the ones I have set up at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.