Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

This has been something that has been offered since the conception of the station, and i would like to once again, more formally welcome the contributions of any of our community members that would like to have their music shared on the station. If you are interested please let Stiles or myself know.. It would need to be in MP3 format, and we would definately need your approval for it to be made public. I do not believe in just stealing peoples music and throwing it on the air. So if you are of the community. You have something you would like heard, you have a creative twinge and a creator and would like to submit it for air time. Please... we welcome it with open arms...

This is a community station in my opinion, we are nothing without you.. so come one come all, join in the music rocking the Tesla Towers :D we have the power!

2. stile

stile Avatar

Player changed to one with no adds :)

also did a little graphic tweaks to the site. Undecided if its to busy or not.. i think having some symbolism on the front page is good since the interface is minimalist. On the other hand dont want to over do it. Dont hesitate to provide feedback!

i think that's it for today! Ive been sporting a bad headache for a while (3 hour car drive on the snow covered roads was way to bouncy!)
    Hopefully ill have my rollover images soon (but don't want to rush my graphics guy, although i dont think it will be long, i already signed off on a concept piece).

More content will be added to the site soon until i get everything in place. Important thing is the primary pieces are working! I think a lot of the additional content will be sub pages on the news site (biographies, content authors/credits, and so forth). This will reduce the number of necessary "accounts" to set up for people, and makes it so editing permissions can be give to others. I usually spend 10x more time on a project deciding what platform im using for each aspect though then i do for the actual content.. so until i start working on it and trying different applications i wont make up my mind (input is always awesome as well).

Want to contribute but don't have music and don't want to be a DJ? Graphics are always welcome as well as suggestions!

Thanks Everyone (special thanks to Amber for letting me be a part of this project. I think that this has huge potential!)

3. stile

stile Avatar

Radio is down right now, Amber has some real life stuff going on.

hold tight, enjoy r3, and well update you in the near future. dont worry, i do not see this becoming a dead project! just hitches as we get it off the ground and rolling.. theres a lot that has to be done.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It seems to be back up and is very nice!

5. stile

stile Avatar

More to come soon! Hopefully ill get the final word on some things soon for some official updates (this is Ambers show, im just web admin with a lot of work to go yet!). Also a credits page going up soon for some community work Amber is being given the ok to use .. Who? I don't want to spoil the reveal yet if shes not ready, But more then one actually!

I may also have a really cool contribution of my own ill be adding but have to have some time to see if i can do it, as well as i need my hosting service to move over to VPS first (in the works).

Things are moving, albeit slower then id like! But even behind the scenes things are moving along!

Im probably going to be letting Amber do most of the announcing though, including on the forums until i know whats safe to do blogs on.

6. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I love that it works well from a mobile browser. Thank you guys for making this happen.

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

8. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Everything is under control... move along, these are not the droids you're looking for. :)

9. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Everything is under control. These are not the droids I am looking for.. :confused:

10. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant in actual in-game radio station a-là GTA. :D

...which although at first absurd, with all the evidence we're seeing of electricity in New Britannia....

Fireangel and Time Lord like this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys, Amber had given me access to the radio stream and a couple songs we had permission to run... due to her surgery she's been resting and I've been running a loop of those songs. My fear, with there only being nine songs in the loop, is that I'm driving the interest of those songs into the ground and I do not want to devalue the music. I was expecting a day or two not two weeks and I haven't heard back from her yet (although Trev has informed me she did well in surgery and is recovering swell just resting so she doesn't end up needing yet another surgery) so I've gone ahead and decided to stop the broadcast after the current loop is done (which ends in about 20 minutes).

Thanks to all the great music producer/writer/composer people who made the songs and gave permission and I'm glad several of you have been able to tune in and enjoy. I hope @Amberraine is doing well and she is able to take back over soon. :)

Cheers!

12. Leetah Aketa

Leetah Aketa Avatar

Heya, I will take over streaming for Amber for a while until another DJ can step in or Amber is back, hope you do not mind I do not have community music yet and I have a limited libray but I will do what I can for you all :)

Fireangel, Time Lord, monxter and 4 others like this.
  13. Leetah Aketa

Leetah Aketa Avatar

Hello all, Amber is still in hospital, I do not know when she will be home.

I will do my best to keep radio running as long as my 80 year old copper wire network holds up, please bear with any technical issues that come up.

I will do all I can to keep it running for you all and most of all for Amber, thank you all for your time.

14. Leetah Aketa

Leetah Aketa Avatar

Hello all, Amber is back home and she is once again running the radio YAY ...

15. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

WOOOO! Great news! Thanks Trev!

Time Lord and Fireangel like this.
  16. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

These songs may help a bit. These were created with SotA in mind. I'm sure the original owners wouldn't mind if they were shared with the SotA community. It's up to you fine individuals to choose which ones, if any. I like them anyway :p Get well soon Amber!

Songs of the Avatar

17. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Glad to have you back Amber! DarkStarr hasn't been the same without his entourage. ;)

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*The Time Lord grabs his soap box and heads to the center of the group and begins to ramble about possible SotA futures*

Our SotA world is hoped to reach it's goal of 5 production releases which have been all but promised to us by Portalarium and it's staff. this is an constantly evolving game as most online games are, so there are still enormous possibilities for such player sourced inspirations. I am an avid RP player and I've always thought that RP will never meet it's zenith in possibilities in artistic expression. And So, as I reach back and look at all of what has been done, the good, the bad and even at the ugly, I can't help thinking that there is, or will be, a vast amount of coming musical talents that will arise from the inspiration of our game. Each and every one of human's true life expressions have always sought out a venue to be able be expressed out on a more broad audience, yet has always been limited by the technology of it's time, just as the small soap box I'm standing on now, is now able to reach clear across the world and who knows if the aliens and wisps are even at this very moment in time, "listening to me now from parts and technologies yet unknown".

I'll take an example now and throw it out there to see if it strikes anyone's bell....
    Take for instance one of our most popular video games of all time, "Grand Theft Auto" (GTA)... GTA had several radio stations that could be tuned to on any of it's car radios to set, or more perfectly fit whatever mood the player wanted to be in while stealing cars and those stations were expanded upon as GTA came out with many more releases of the game.

Now lets look at the possibilities of our SotA...
    "We have the working sound track that can change to every instance", yet I'd like to see a wider selection... "selection" being the key word I'm speaking on.
    Whether or not it's by selection of sound track, or by tuning a SotA radio, I as a player would like to hear something that better fit into whatever mood or RP style I was playing in or expressing myself or game play from. Sure I could run some music from off another music device or web site while I'm playing, yet I believe that it would be more fitting if the music was coming from the game itself with options in setting my mood of play.

I'm not a very tech savvy guy, yet I do believe that it could be possible in future releases of our SotA, that we could see something like this ability come true. maybe it's the instance soundtrack on one station, while having the option to having the SotA radio station playing, or maybe having several different SotA stations to choose from offering a more diverse musical venue to choose from. The DJs of such stations or New Britannia News Reporters could truly become something that helps promote our social interaction, as well as discuss and promote any player that "made the music" that has become most popular. A bard is a bard by any other name, yet most of our online bards have, take and get little credit for what they are producing. yet with the additive of such a "newly styled soapbox" if you will, could become a real paid artists that as yet has been undiscovered.

"Untill Now?"...

:eek: "This is Walter Concrete interrupting The Casey Kasem Show with an important News Flash!"
    The rock band "Queen" has just dumped Adam Lambert as their lead singer and has announced that they will no longer have any singing on their newest upcoming album. As this news has rocked the rock world and left many in disbelief, Queen announced that they are taking Queen in an entirely new direction hiring a smoking hot new upcoming talent our very own locally famous SotA Bard "Mordecai"! Mordecai's web site has as you know has now surpassed over 1,000,000,000 Hits with his new hit music video entitled "Can You Turn Up That SotA Radio Please"!... Now back to Owl's Head's Casey Kasem Hour...
    :cool: "Well Walter, that's news we all were just on our tiptoes waiting to hear"! It's no wonder that such a talent couldn't be overlooked for long, as so many of our great SotA Bards have gone on to becoming the top recording artists through many different outlets. Why' just last week I heard a story about our good SotA friend "Holt" and how he's now become worshiped by a tribe of people in the jungles of Brazil and is now accepting human sacrifices of virgins at his new company "Volcano Recording Studio"! Yep' you heard it live here first! Who would have ever believed that the sound of thousands of burning and screaming young girls could have been that entertaining!" but then again, that's what launched Jamie Lee Curtis's scream queen career back in her hit 1978 film "Halloween". I tell ya' we're just waiting to listen to that soundtrack from our dear friends at Volcano. But today, all day we'll play it over and over and over again for ya' that new hit single...
    "Can You Turn Up That SotA Radio Please" By Mordecai ! :D

So many of our talents come out of seemingly nowhere and from seemingly nothing, yet it was new venue of expression that gave them the stage to become more of what they truly were before it. And that's why I am such an advocate of placing something like this into our game.

Something like this would truly be something "new" and never before ever done in any online game, a player fed station, with player fed music and entertainment that would do nothing but enhance our new world...
    "So let's break down some walls of sound and get some feedback from our developers on this issue!" It' seems easy enough to put together, Grand Theft Auto did it, but not with all the talents of their players....

"Let's get some feed back going here"
    *gets off his intergalactic soap box*
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

19. Amber Raine

I took a listen to this yesterday as Miracle Dragon directed my attention to your sound cloud.. amazing.. amazing.. i will be honoured to broadcast them, but again as has always been the case. unless the work has somehow become your own (you bought it, you pulled a vanilla ice doing the Queen song stunt, or some how are now the owner of said peace) I would need the permission of the ``owner`` to play it. I do have the permission of a few of our wonderfully talented avatars and i truly am blessed wtih said...

With that said, i am ALWAYS accepting more contributions that you might like to have shared amongst the communities ears from any and all community talented individuals. wether you be a musician as are many here, a vocalist, a mixer (mash ups anyone) i would be honoured to share your talents. I am merely a DJ, who plays what she can when she can, i have little to no talent other then DJìng. Ya`ll are the talents i would love to share.. hence.. community :)

20. Amber Raine

@Time Lord - Such an add-on... no, unsure what it would be called.. plug in? yes thats the word.. was created for a game called "Asheron's Call" Many a millenium ago in a galaxy far far away ~chuckles~ i was actually engaged to the designer of that plug in Solandra... none the less.. back on topic: I do not beleive that APR would be able to uphold a candle to -in world- on a 24/7 basis, as is, the majority of the music is from a 2TB hard drive with ability to take requests when the DJ is actually live ( i have to sleep sometimes still).

However!! i LOVE the idea in and of itself, and if a player can make such a plug in way way back in the day of yore ((when was AC released?)) i know our talented Devs could do such also.. keep in mind we TRULY Want them focused on much more important things at this time then a radio - i do not picture Stephens newest liche carrying a boom box and bopping along shooting musical notes at us through his bow.. JS :) ((does sound comical tho!))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.