Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

drinking beer in a medieval style tavern and hearing the rolling stones might be bad for immersion, although i like the principle :)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Totally agree there to! which is where the concept of community music comes in. However currently on APR it is a great mix of everything. And i reckon this is where Time Lord was referring to a multitude of stations one could listen to.. if your not into a RP session and have a desire to listen to music to kill by, that could be covered. Having a house party and not an RP'r, that could be covered by the stones ;) .. immersion on a RP level - community has some great talent, i have heard a handful - definately could have that covered :)

Actually makes me laugh thinking similar happened to me couple months back, nothing like sitting in a country styled rib place, decked out to to nines as you would expect a old west place being deco'd. And hearing Macklemore singing thrift shop over their radio .. was comical :D made for good spirted fun

3. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Fireangel, Dhimmi, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  4. Amber Raine

Good Morrow Avatars;

It is with a content heart i am writing the return of Sir Stiles to the radio project. As a request upon his part i am writing this to let everyone know that he is working hard on his simulcast site that will give everyone yet a third way to connect to the station - this web site will also in-cooperate several pages with credits, DJ details, and a lot of other great concepts which I was looking to put into the station but was not at the point able to. I am happy that Sir Stiles has once again taken up his position with the station and would like to invite everyone to take a peek at http://thecaverns.net/Radio/ . please note this web site is still currently under destruction .. err construction, a work in progress if you will, much like everything else.

Sir Stiles radio shall be known as - New Britannian Radio - it will carry the same great music as has already been heard on Radio of the Avatar / Avatar Portal Radio - Which may i add will STILL be the top spot to which to hear the radio, as well as all the updated information for so much more information. http://avatarsportal.net/

As always we still welcome the communities submissions of their musical talent, poetry readings (in mp3 form would be lovely), Radio calls (much like Miracle Dragon has done) , and even a call to those who believe you may like to take a spin as a DJ on this wonderful project! Please feel free to contact myself in the various forms available. Credits to all these submissions will be available on the New Britannian Radio website.

Thank you to all our listeners, to those in the community who have already allowed us to share your abilities with everyone else. If it were not for you, we would not be able to do what we do, so thank you, so very much

~Amber Raine~

5. stile

stile Avatar

6. Amber Raine

Very happy to see the work that has been going into this website! it is beginning to look lively :)

And this goes well with the other announcement made days ago when i happily got to tell you all that Stiles was back working on a "syndication/simulcast" web area.

http://avatarsportal.com/RotA-live has posted the following http://avatarsradio.com/news/

Adventure awaits everyone, even through the electric wires of New Britannia ;)

Further announcements: Q has reached out and will soon be heard across the air waves, there is a very talented DJ looking at his software and trying to get himself on the station! A live DJ is currently going every day 2am - 6am Austin, Texas time. And We are ready to bring in more!

Are you a DJ? have you ever wanted to be a DJ but did not know how? Would you like to learn? Let Amber Raine know... she has experience helping out even the none experienced people learn how to play with headsets and music. She would love to hear from you! :D

7. stile

stile Avatar

Thanks for the update as well Amber.

I know Violation was hoping id re-join the project as he wanted to link-back to a credits page and things of that nature rather then try handling those.

With you having put up a site at http://avatarsradio.com/ to handle all that, there is no need for me to run an entire website for you.

Ill just put a radio stream with links to your site from the caverns (going to work on that now). Your still syndicated that way, but your not trying to maintain two sites with regards to credits and things like that and i avoid the additional time to set up the rest of the web content since its sounds/looks like you have that covered.

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

9. Amber Raine

Lord Avorin, Looks like you just combined them as people can see that post when looking at this one via the link, and welcome, it is great to have like minded individuals who wish to take advantage of the tesla towers :)

10. Amber Raine

Avatars Radio – Radio of the Avatars is PROUD to bring another wonderful radio personality to the Tesla Towers – EvilAlice aka Celith will be maintaining the energy starting this Saturday at 2pm – 5pm Austin, Texas Time, and every Mon, Thurs, and Sat following at the same time!! Welcome aboard Celith it is great to have you as part of the community and family!

[​IMG]

Time Lord and TheMadHermit like this.
  11. Amber Raine

Mystic.. yes thats right.. Op in #Sota.. the newest "Voice of the Avatar" on Avatars Radio !! 5pm Austin Texas Time until he decides to stop. Drop by and take a listen!! http://AvatarsRadio.com
    So happy to have you aboard!!

12. rild

rild Avatar

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying AvatarsRadio! I thought it would be talk or just game music, but it's just some jams and friendly voices. Excellent radio personality, Amberraine! The station really enhances the feeling of being part of something, and you play better music than local stations :D

so a heartfelt THANKEE SAI to Amberraine and Violation and Mystic (gratz on your first show) and Celith and everyone involved! i feel special! (and the looks i get when space bards comes on and i get bouncy...)

Rild aka beanerpdx

Time Lord and Amberraine like this.
  13. Amber Raine

So happy we can bring you enjoyment! thats what the radio was created for. We have community music, game music, game news, outlander music. You name it.. and now some great talent! Community station for the community by the community! and always welcoming with open arms and open door all of the community! :D

to ammend to your thank you list: Sir Stiles is also on that list, along Holt Ironfell and all the wonderful community talent that has submitted music for us to enjoy! none of this could be possible without everyone :)

~Amber

14. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Just tuning in now. I'm an 80's girl too. I'm looking forward to listening to this station more often. Thanks for everyone's hard work for putting this together. I'll have to come up with some requests for you Amberraine. :)

Time Lord and Amberraine like this.
  15. Amber Raine

Request lines are always open and our IRC room of #AvatarsRadio is always friendly ((maybe a bit like a club and overly bouncy - but always friendly!)) .. Our resident Vbot is very helpful with requests, information, and just a good laugh as well :)

16. Amber Raine

Theme Thursday - 80s - 10pm - midnight Austin Texas TIme - AvatarsRadio.com

17. Amber Raine

http://avatarsradio.com/news/

Avatars Radio is more then happy to welcome not just one, but TWO new -Voices of the Avatars- to Avatars Radio.

First , that was NOT an earthquake felt yesterday Avatars! That was our newest DJ Mystic!! Mystic had his first set on Avatars Radio yesterday and we are beyond ecstatic to have him on board! You can hear him Monday and Wednesday 6pm – 8pm Central! (this may change so –DONT LAWYER US BRO!)
    [​IMG]

Secondly, we would like to welcome Vbot. Vbot is our resident helpful host. - Working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all he asks for is a little oil once in a while and to not be called baby!

18. Amber Raine

Avatars Radio want you!Yes, You!
    Are you interested in becoming a -Voice of the Avatar- (DJ? we are willing to train even the freshest of bloods to the broadcast industry)
    have a great voice but not interested in actually DJ'ing? We are looking for people with voices to help with drops and station IDs.
    Have a show idea, but no time to commit to a "schedule" - let us show you how to turn an MP3 into a radio usable set :D
    Any of it sound interesting?

contact us info@AvatarsRadio.com
    Twitter: @AvatarsRadio
    Facebook: Avatars Radio
    IRC: #AvatarsRadio

19. Amber Raine

Avatars Radio would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in our downtime today. Unexpected maintenance was done on the server and had us down temporarily. We are back and ready to rock those tesla towers! Again thank you for your patience!

20. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

We at Avatars Radio would like to thank Shroud of the Avatar for their generous spotlight. We are humbled and blessed to be allowed to do what we do here. Bringing everyone closer together through the radio. Wether it be helping those at work feel closer to the community by requesting or dedicating songs to their friends in world. Or sharing our community combined work of music tracks, podcasts and poetry readings. If it were not for all of our wonderful community we would not be able to do what we do or be who we are today. Thank you everyone so much! This ones for you! ~cheers~
    ~Avatar Radio Staff~​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.