House and/or Lighthouse?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Belrindor, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

I noticed that the Founder Knight level comes with a lighthouse, and the Edelmann and Citizen levels come with Cabanas. Now are these waterfront buildings able to be placed in ADDITION to and connected to, a regular deed with a lot on it, or will they be considered to require SEPARATE deeds?

Ergo...

• I have 1 deed and I can place my house. Connected to this house via a bridge of some sort is my cabana or lighthouse.

OR.

• I have 1 deed and can place EITHER my house OR (if it's a waterfront property) my Cabana or Lighthouse. If I wish to place my regular house, it will then require ANOTHER deed, at a separate location.
    I've not seen anything official, and it's all clear as mud. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

It is placing one or the other. You can place the lighthouse, but not the regular house unless you buy another deed. Or place the regular house, but not the lighthouse unless you buy another deed.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, you will need two deeds for that, and the second one will not be "tax-free".

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

Hmm, I must say that is not how I read this. And hence, why I asked.

[​IMG]

'attached to your Village property by a bridge' doesn't exactly scream out to me to mean 'in lieu of your village house you can instead have a lighthouse.

I did think it was mighty generous of them to offer both a regular house lot with space for an additional lighthouse or cabana, but I figured that was just one of the cool things they were doing for Founders.

Actually, I'm currently a Founder Edelmann, and I thought that I'd get the waterfront cabana along with my little Edelmann house, and it was one of the things that prompted me to pony up for the additional expense. The 'fact' that I'd get both a little regular house (maybe on a slightly smaller lot) and a cabana.

Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. I just really wish they had clarified this stuff in the marketing materials. I mean, how hard would it have been to include something that said: *You may place this item on a deed in lieu of a regular house on a waterfront property. If you wish to place it in addition to your normal house, you will require an additional deed which may be purchased in the add-on store.* or some such notification.

One more question, if I may:

If one is a Founder and they upgrade their account, that 'Founder' tag, (along with upper-tier Founder rewards) stays with them and becomes available, yes?

For example if someone were to upgrade from a Founder Citizen to a Lord, they'd be a Founder Lord and not a Benefactor Lord, correct?

One would think the Founder tag would stick, but I'm starting to see that a few things I expected are turning out to be entirely different from what I imagined... so... it can't hurt to ask people more knowledgeable than myself. That would be most of you all. ;)

Thanks in advance! :)

Time Lord, Parallaxe and Eriador like this.
  5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, sound totally like that. Most of us also believed that we could have both. But they said that we must choose. Was a disappointing a little, we already had some fire here because of that.

6. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yeah, the whole attached property description was what we 'thought' we were getting, and it turns out it wasn't. Caused a ruckus a long time ago when it was found out.

As for the upgrading your Founder pledge, it should stay as a Founder. The only real difference is that you are paying the Benefactor Price instead of the Founder price.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The fact is, they had to make stuff for kickstarter 6 months before they could possibly implement it in game. There are many threads about wishing for more land area around the lighthouse, esp if farming (or ranching) is something which has value. For now, it is what it is.

Time Lord, Koldar and Eriador like this.
  8. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

Whilst we're picking this particular bone...

I really thought this was a two story house.

[​IMG]

I find out today, that it's not, thanks to the Mad Hermit's videos. (Thanks Mad Hermit!)

The theme seems to be one, forward facing picture, no picture of the interior, so people are just left to ponder and wonder, and with the game down, it's not like we can go wander, find the house, and explore it for ourselves. If it wasn't for the Mad Hermit's walk-through, I'd STILL be thinking this sucker was two story!

Actually, upon listening to the video again, it seems even the Mad Hermit thought that this was something that was in ADDITION TO, not INSTEAD OF the waterfront cabana.

Then, we have this basement. I like it thus far. I'm thinking of buying it. But I'm not buying it until I can SEE it either through actual access in R5, or a walk-through video.

[​IMG]

This image is dark, straight on from the side, and totally gives me no idea of how big the space actually is or is not. Would it be worth it to buy if I already had a two story basement? Is it a larger footprint or just deeper? Better pictures would answer this.

The bone I have is this. C'mon boys and girls, do you REALLY think this one, dark, side-angled picture is enough for someone to shell out their hard earned cash?

Now I've noticed that they've gotten a bit better with the new houses they just put in the add-on store, but there are plenty of older houses in the store that have nothing but a front view. I'm sorry, but I'm not forking over $45 for something sight unseen, (house) or even $37 for a basement, especially when I thought I was getting a house AND cabana, and now find out it's house OR cabana, and that the house that I THOUGHT was two story (Now, why would I ever think that...), is actually a 1 story with a huge amount of wasted rafter space.

These problems can be easily avoided with clarifications, well worded descriptions, and MULTIPLE pictures. All of which = happy customer that spends more money. Vs... say... ticked off customer that feels they aren't getting what was advertised.

Some may say, hey, that's what traditional German houses looked like. Fine. How would I possibly know that? I'm only part German and I don't live there. A PICTURE of the interior would have been nice.

But please don't misunderstand. I'm not expecting the past to be changed. Nor am I really complaining about these things. What I DO expect is that this kind of thing does not happen in the future, and that all pictures of future houses, basements, etc, are multiple, and thorough.

This one pic crap has seriously got to go. Ye can do better than that, folks.

Time Lord and Eriador like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I got some popsicles in my basement if you want some.

Caska DiFumarate and Time Lord like this.
  10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

To be honest here was some points a little bit bad and dark about the KS houses.

1) Yes, that about the water lots. That was bad.
    2) Yes, after paying 500$ for a "upscale" house you can expect more than a very simple small one room house. Any random house from the store is better. And now you, at least, have some videos and photos. While KS...
    3) This is not that bad, but still houses need to be refreshed. At least they added more time to the refreshing time (first idea was just 3 months). "Tax-free" sounds like no refresh.

But I already started many fires because of that. Anyway in 6 days we have the next alpha. Take a look to the houses!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

By the way: When I wrote my critique about houses about the Eldelmann house I wrote that the house really need a small second floor. And they looks like they have one.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

I actually just bit the bullet and upgraded to Founder Knight. I believe in this dev team. Even if the clarity and communication is kinda crappy at times. And I also believe in Richard Garriott to make as honorable and ethical game as he possibly can. He hasn't ever let me down yet. :)

I've also removed a personal dilemma of mine. There's no way I can go from the $800 Knight level to the $1600 Lord level, so that totally solves any potential upgrade quandaries in the foreseeable future. ;)

However, if they bundle all the 'of Prosperity' tools into one package, decently discounted, I may purchase that, along with that 5 level village basement if I can ever find out what the darn thing actually looks like in R5. And of course, I want a black cat (only $5, no biggie there...) and I MAY, depending on a few factors, purchase another deed so that I can actually place this lighthouse along with the Knight Founder house. The house will likely be the 'crafting centre' with basements and roof having plenty of space for that, and the lighthouse likely a little fantasy 'personal' space for wifey and I go to to relax in game and get away from it all. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Well, they are putting the money in the game system, so the site, and other points, are with less quality. Knight house is really cool, is the true "upscale". The lighthosue is weird, but really long. Anyway you can set up monthly payment to have a lord hosueboat. Remember: The additional deed will be not tax-free. So take care if you finally get one.

Forgert about everything: You need a hot tub!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Congratulations Knight Belrinder:)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

16. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

Nice, many thanks! :)

I'm sure this will help many people make a much more informed decision.

I still can't quite tell if the 5 story basement being offered is five levels of the same size of the Edelmann and Knight basements, or just less space squished into more levels.

The One and Time Lord like this.
  17. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

Thanks! :)

Actually a Knight Commander. But I don't want to display that, and probably will never do so in game. Feels kinda... I dunno... rude to lord the Founder titles over anyone. So, I just went with the 'Sir' thing on my signature. That way I'm on equal footing with everyone else whether they joined later or not. Just a personal choice. I'd rather blend in than be divisive with the new folks. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I think that I read that will be a simple 2-story basement, so 5 must be much better. But soon you can check it in-game. Is a video of Mad Hermit about this:

Belrindor and Time Lord like this.
  19. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Congratulations Sir Belrinder - you won't regret it!

Belrindor and Time Lord like this.
  20. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Congratulations Belrindor. The bright side is: The new add on houses are looking better than some of the pledge houses...so we can use those if our pledge houses don't tickle our fancy. :p

Belrindor, Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.