1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Steam Early Access Store Page is Live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I am so proud of this team and this community! Our Steam Early Access page is live in preparation for early access launch there on November 24th!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/326160/

The community section is also live and many of you have already been posting some great screenshots! Keep them coming so we can launch with an already vibrant community presence.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/326160

-Darkstarr

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

R12 is going to be a lot of fun.

4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Yes it is... im already starting to go though withdraws....

Gaelis, Boleroff, Myrcello and 3 others like this.
  5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Most excellent! Trying to make a review right away, but it won't really let me ;)

6. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

@Darkstarr, on the top of the early access store page the game release date is set by mid 2015 and on the bottom of the same page the beta release date is set also by mid 2015. It would be good to clarify that date.

Myrcello likes this.
  7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That's been the same statement they've given for MONTHS. they'll consider the game released when there will be no more foreseen wipes and that doesn't mean the game will be complete... During an R3 Q&A interview they actually said post "launch/release" they'll be continuing the monthly release of content non stop.

hope that helps clarify that both the top and bottom are accurate and LIKELY explaining the same thing :)

8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you and congratulations! :)

9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

4 Videos now up on Community Hub. :)

Gaelis, Arianna, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  10. Boleroff

Boleroff Avatar

I agree, hang in there! Each day gets one day closer:D

Gaelis, Myrcello and Keira OFaolain like this.
  11. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

Very cool, tried to write my short review but was denied :) Feels so real...

12. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Thank you for the clarification Duke Violation, what you point out wasnt clear to me ;).

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The Steam page looks great!

14. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Okay. I just *have* to ask.... Who *is* the "voice"?

You know, the guy that always talks about "the fall of Mondain" in the old UO intro and now it sounds like the same guy doing "the voice" in the SotA intro and ads?

- Is it the same guy? Or someone different who just has that "voice of the universe" sound?

- lol - does he get his name in the credits somewhere?

I'll be honest, I laughed when I heard that voice in the SotA intro. I thought, "HE'S BACK!!" eh eh.

(And don't tell me it's someone like Richard or Starr.... Surely not. But if it's the same guy, he's one of the old guard.)

Myrcello likes this.
  15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The voice in the trailer is Bill Johnson. He voiced the Guardian in Ultima VII and such. :)

16. Leostemplar

Leostemplar Avatar

Those are great news!

Hey Darkstarr,
    I've done some nitpicking on our Steam Page, accessing it via Steam Client, and found some points that could be polished:
    1. The first Movie in the gallery is named as: "Shroud of the Avatar: PAX and DragonCon 2014". The name isn't really appealing when out of context.
    2. The Link for "View the QuickReference" isn't working (It tries to open the link with the Steam Client but it never finishes loading, I believe it's because the file is a PDF, perhaps a simple conversion to JPG will do it.).
    3. There are two links labeled as "View the Manual", the first one isn't working at all.
    That's all. =)

I hope to have helped,
    Peace,
    Leos.

Womby, kadumel and Robert_Reise like this.
  17. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

Excellent write up on the steam page. I'm so happy to see this. I'm also glad we are being vocal about the game's development status and that it needs "a lot of work" as someone put it. I'm not bashing, I had more fun in R11 than I have in most fully released games. I don't think a lot of rpg fans will realize that most games that the public is aloud to test are in a much later stage in development. It's a rare opportunity for the Steam community, or any community to get a chance to guide the game at such an early stage. I'm excited to add screenshots and a review to the Steam page and also answer player questions.

Lord Beli likes this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

I've followed everything very closely too, but this is the first public statement (anywhere) that defines what the launch / release means in terms of completeness and quality. But we really need this clarified, because this implies some very important and critical things:

- They are launching on Steam Early Access on November 24th.
    - The release date is mid 2015:

"Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
    “We hope to launch by mid 2015 but we will not be launching until the product is ready.”

That seems to imply that they will switch from selling an Early Access game to selling a fully released one. Yet, here we have this statement:

We estimate reaching a Beta version with all features and content sometime in the middle of 2015. All features and plans listed here are subject to change. We may modify, add or remove features as we see fit during the development process.

So does this mean that SotA will be sold on Steam as a non-Early Access game, but still as a pre-release Beta quality product?

19. DarkStarr

The first movie is our PAX and DragonCon trailer. What is the issue?
    All the links are working for me both at work and at home (no VPN active). Is anyone else seeing these issues? Some of the links do take a bit of time to load but they all work.

20. DarkStarr

I think you guys might be over analyzing something that is more than half a year away at best. All this means is that Beta is very likely middle of next year, perhaps even earlier while launch will be mid year at the very earliest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.