PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Murdock, Dec 3, 2014.

?

PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

39.5%
  3. Undecided

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

ok the problem with having a server just for PVP is will be just filled with people doing the PVP; lets face it, best thing is to force everyone to those rules. Do you know why UO was great? because PKs were not nearly as abundant as PVErs. It was realistic. with full PVP servers its the opposite - you see a person and you think "damn it, have to fight now....ugh". It just ruins the balance of the game. I just spent 275$ to pledge after realizing the PVP is going to be nerfed to consentual circle jerk - arena, "flag" overhead.... I'm sorry, this will only encourage another WOW. Honestly taking pre-trammel UO system with town immunity/pk system and tweaking it would be best. Full loot or not? how about a compromise? all cash and 1 item of your choice.

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

First off welcome to the forums.

Im a bit confused on where you stand, at first you sound against PVP, and that you bought it because its consentual pvp... but then you sound mad that it is...

Tahru likes this.
  3. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

where I admit im not a full loot supporter but I don't think I would mind full loot of all non essential items. I think I would support that. anything gathered and any gold u might have on your body. since their is no banks yet in the game I wouldn't want to test that now but I honestly don't have a problem if when I kill a pvp person that u potential lose all items in your pack

blaquerogue, Hagen and Keira OFaolain like this.
  4. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

ok let me re clear my position.

Point 1.
    I am not against PVP at all. I enjoy it occasionally however i tend to mostly do PVE or PVP in groups. I do much better at FPS games when it comes to PVP so i find my skills lacking. However, I am ALL FOR non-concensual PVP. Why? because thats life. You might get jumped at the worst possible moment. It brings certain elements out of the game.
    Point 2.
    All of you, I hope, are now older and understand concept of a pool such as, for example, insurance. Just because PVP is non-censensual, that does NOT mean you will be attacked everywhere. The more people play - the less chance of a regular joe shmo to get pk'ed - it encourages people to work in groups, adds a danger element. All of this was discussed. Also I dont know how many times people helped me or i helped people in dungeons who were getting attacked. Its just fun, plus if you gear your guild for bounty hunting - it is ridiculuously awesome.

411: Im not against PVP, I consider it a necessary element of the game. There should be punishment for it however it should be completely non-consensual.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Alright I think I agree with everything you just said. Hahaha the only place you and I differ is unless I get ganked or your on the guilds KoS list.. wich the first will put you on the second in most cases. I usaly keep my Pvp to one on one lol

blaquerogue and Hagen like this.
  6. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

thats honorable however not efficient :) I know for a fact every single person here that played UO has MORE than one grievance story, which lead to learning and thus enjoying the game way more. There is nothing worse than not being able to kill a person stealing your groups spawn liches.

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I guess I personally don't care if we have full loot or not, for me its not the point of pvp. My pvp is going to role play the scenario either way. Full loot I get all your body parts :) and your head will be on a pike at my doorstep. No full loot, Your head will still be on a pike at my doorstep. The only thing about full loot though that I can see is that it will do as it has done in the past. It will have a small hardcore group doing it. The average people will not want to do it. You can say what you think they should feel all you want and that they will get great pleasure later on as a reward of getting better, but many people just do not like that lifestyle of constant pvp. They want to do it casually. So if you want more pvp and more people in pvp you might want to consider this. Don't get me wrong, I understand the adrenalin rush that you get, its a lot like an addiction that must be fed. But its not for everyone. In this particular game you might want to be all inclusive instead of elite.

Tahru and Keira OFaolain like this.
  8. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Haha now I never said anything about not wanting to kill folks for stealing spawns... I just said unless their was a reason I try to fight my own battles... I will say if im in town such as owls head and get attacked theirs usaly one or two folks with me and I let them kill you while i eat popcorn watching since I lag to much to fight their. :p

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Do you honestly believe that people with a "grievance story" ended up with a more enjoyable game play afterwards?

10. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

yes, otherwise they left and went to whine in everquest, wow and other non-manly games where others hold your hand and you become your own among butt hurt people who can't take a little bullying from pkers. Don't like it? Don't want to learn from your death? Do not want a payback?? really?? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sorry if its harsh but you need to learn to laugh at your own mistakes.

blaquerogue likes this.
  11. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

now imagine if you had death magic that could make a pet zombie out of the player you just killed...... hmmm

12. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

That would be interesting.... i would give it a go haha

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

We still debating the main topic?? Everyone with any sense should know that a dedicated PvP server would suck and hard the game for everyone.

14. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

just like the point i made about a full on PVP server. There will be nothing but PVP there and not a big population and it will eventually die. The point of PVP is that it has consequences and you are in minority as most people just grind to get stuff for their house and cry when they get killed. Yes there should be punishment for pking, yet it should be allowed on one server with safe'ish zones like town with bank and etc. I hate to say it but UO had almost a perfect system - you knew when you can and cant take chances.

15. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Envy at this point i would be happy if folks couldn't just flag/unflag on a whim. I believe it atleast should have a week cool down between flags and I would be happier with a hefty tribute to ask the Oracle for her protection again. And have the cost rise each time you change your mind

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then I shall point you to your mistake so we can laugh together

Kickstarter

What you see here is a different game from pre-Tram UO.

Non Consensual PvP and full loot

And this is a quick reference to why what you describe will not happen.

This forums is loaded with threads and videos about the subject. Your "harsh" words are mild compared to the discussions that have gone on in the past. Once you get passed the need for the harsh words you can possibly move on to discussing a way to address concerns with consensual PvP.

Anything you can think of has a solution, minus forcing player to be open to PvP that do not wish to PvP.

17. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Rista we know open world PvP isn't going to happen, we know full loot is not going to happen. What is wrong with us wanting it. I get lotto ticket to... chances are im never going to win.. but I still play the game, why do you always berate folks voicing an opinion that is different from yours?

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would imagine that it will be a future feature. My guess would be that there could be maybe a 3 day cool down between doing perma flags via the oracle (this is similar to what the faction system used to be in UO). At the moment players are just finding their feet and testing.

blaquerogue, Keira OFaolain and Hagen like this.
  19. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

Well first of all, it is laugh at IN-game misfortunes vs. laughing at a new player making a post. I read some of the threads before I posted because i am a lurker foremost, so, given that you are entitled to your opinion, that is great mmmmmkay?
    Not everyone is cut out not to cry over loot lost due to being pked :) Its very similar to obese people being sensitive about their weight yet not wanting to do anything about it :)

How about from now on I decide for myself what is my preconceived notion of what the game IS and what it SHOULD be since its still in development? thanks. This is a forum, we share ideas.

here is a helpful link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

20. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

good idea. How about everyone starts out with flag ON and you work your way up to a hefty quest to turn on the flag. This way everyone gets a taste of a "free" world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.