PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Murdock, Dec 3, 2014.

?

PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

39.5%
  3. Undecided

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sadly a lot of players don't want a free world....they like their 'bubble'.......burst the 'bubble' for them and they are liable not to want to play. Let them burst it themselves are there is a chance that they will embrace the new world.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Ever notice that no one comes here and suggests they change SotA to an ancient Rome based game? Pick your theme, no one suggest it.

Why is that?

Because somethings, even if not written in stone, are a certain. Non consensual PvP is off the table. Once that is accepted then, maybe, the gameplay that is desired can be addressed.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  3. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

If i wanted SotA to be a Roman game i might have suggested it... but since i dont want a Romen game never thought to suggest such.....

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Actually I would like to think of it as a choice not as some deficiency on the players.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yup, you 'choose' to surround yourself in safe environment that I 'choose' to call a 'bubble'.

I love choice.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Pick what ever you want as an example. I could have used one seamless world vs instanced world for the example.

No matter how many threads people start about that the instancing is going to stay. The meta shard and hex based zones are part of the foundation.

7. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I have stated what I like and what I dislike in pretty much each topic other then crafting because I dont really do any crafting so I dont feel I have anything to add to the conventions. I say what i like and dont like about the deck system, i have said i dont mind the overland map other then load times and crashes which will be worked out in time, iv gave my two cents on housing, monsters ect. I have always said I dont like to limit my self to one style of play so i do try to give my input in what I enjoy... pretty much everything but crafting lol

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

oh the cavalry has arrived. I am assuming you have not visited my link. I recommend it.

blaquerogue and Keira OFaolain like this.
  9. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Link? I dont remeber their being a link.... *goes to find link* :rolleyes:

Hagen likes this.
  10. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Oh their was a link hahaha

blaquerogue likes this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Amen, we should ALL be allowed to comment on anything.

blaquerogue likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You can humt me down Ravicus! Youll have to go through others wanting to hunt me down as well! Make sure you get me first, so you get all my stuff! :) I loved placing heads on my front steps!

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL some people think that WE should not have an opinion! Keep posting though! Im with you Hagen! We all have our own opinions no matter what others may think! I got your back!

Hagen and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah everyone learned something in those situations let me elaborate for you, we learned how to fight back and PVP better! We learned who we should and shouldn't mess with! We learned sometimes you have to fight to get what you want! Last but not least we learned if we were cut out for PVP or not! Now whether you enjoyed any of those is a personal opinion! Which we all have, even if some think we should conform to their ways only, and their play styles only! So yes some of us enjoyed that aspect of the game! ;)

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  15. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

*Sits back with popcorn*

ridicOne likes this.
  16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Obviously YOU did, and some others did. The post the comment referenced implies that EVERYONE should conform to that. If not, get lost and go play some other game.

Statements like that will always be addressed. But, as usually, it's time for blaquerogue to come in and take it as a personal attack on 1 play style. Next step, feign outrage, then play the victim.

A significant amount of people did not enjoy the state of PvP in pre-Tram UO, it was addressed, SotA acknowledges the need for it to be address, and made it very clear that this will no be the case in SotA.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ummm? Ive been here since day one also! I have been told many times by many people, dont let the door hit me on the way out as well! Guess what im a great door stop! :)

sn0tub and Keira OFaolain like this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Actually the OP was a simple question! Your simple response "No i would not!", is suffice would you not agree? This is not an attack on me here? Wow, I wish i had your rules to follow instead of mine! Yeah i think that is a personal attack on me!

sn0tub and Keira OFaolain like this.
  20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Here we go again, Blaquerogue trying to shut down any conversation in a thread that is not a direct yes or no replay to the thread title.

Lets go ahead and get the mods in here to shut this thread down so the cycle of life is complete.

Some how, every post that is anything other than 100% open PvP is an attack. Even though it's well established that open PvP will be by consent.

Anyone discussing that PvP is consensual must expect 1 specific person to always come in and derail that topic and try to change the topic to how this game is against open PvP and more so, that against that 1 person.

If you take that as an attack, I state this as an observation of actions. Normally, I keep it to myself, but more and more I see threads locked after this exact pattern of actions occurs. So I point it out openly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.