PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Murdock, Dec 3, 2014.

?

PvPers, would you play full-time on a full loot, open world PvP dedicated server?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Yes

55.3%
  2. No

39.5%
  3. Undecided

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katu

Katu Avatar

This!

I don't get this whining about looting. Insurance came to UO in early 2003. I still spent plenty of time having great fights for many years. Do you guys even remember the "full loot" you got? I was platemail ( maybe ) that cost at Europa 25-35k and some fortified weapon. When i died, i just respawned at my house, took new gear and went for revenge. Nowadays, i respawn at my house, get new bandages and stuff and go for a revenge. Full loot is not coming, there's no way for that to come. Ransom system is being planned and it's just something we have to take.

Having two servers? Split population? SotA can instance your game, so that you don't see everyone in the world, even thou you stand in same spot at same server. It could leave PVP flagged people out from those players, that are not flagged. Honestly, as much as i like to fight, i would still choose non PVP server. Why? PVP server has to have bad economy, because most of the players just PVP, while on other server there's multiple players dedicated to crafting and providing services.

tl;dr;
    Full loot is not coming.
    Certainly hope there's only one server.

PS: I just don't believe that all these screamers for full loot could actually handle full loot fighting.

My 0.02€

Ristra and E n v y like this.
  2. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well it's players like you that made sure we didn't get full loot in SotA, thank you... NOT!

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Well I guess it's all my fault.......guess if that's how you respond, it's probably a good thing you won't get full loot........you would only rage quit :p

If you can't handle a hardcore mechanism with everything that goes with it, you really shouldn't be trying to request one.

KeffSlay and blaquerogue like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Why no full loot

Why no separation

And this.

Full loot full open PvP players do not have full loot (we all do not have it not just that one part of PvP) and PvP is consensual. The polar opposite end up giving up access to more abundant spawns of rare resources and rare creature (possibly more but that's what we know for sure)

All this energy being spent on separate servers would be better spent on ideas like Invidias loot suggestion

Find a way to bridge the gap. Make looting a little more friendly to what you want. I get it that 1 item that will likely never get looted due to the ransom insurance system and that sucks.

Any other reason to want a separate server can be addressed on 1 server just as well. All it takes is having that conversation. Don't give up on 1 unified world, the devs have not. Put it out there, what is it that can be adjusted to keep the play style alive without killing other play styles.

E n v y likes this.
  5. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Never said it was all you fault, I was saying players with that kind of player style made SotA not having Fully open PvP.

And I never quit, I get my revenge over and over and over again :D

E n v y likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

all these extra options etc... make the game harder to design, now instead om implementing one thing 3 or 4 have to be implemented, which makes it more of chore to design, in my opinion.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Which is their goal, to design one world. Not give up and split the community. Which splits the design and splits the dev time.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Making a new server, with different rules and different priorities will not add time to development as well?

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

They would be working more on the many options server, i would think, since it has so many other options, im not telling anyone they have to like it but if it was offered i would go there and play.

Which kind of brings this thread back on the OP topic :)

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's been on topic, why make it sound like dissenting views are off topic. I don't support the splitting of the community. The devs don't support the splitting of the community. So no I would not play on one. I support finding solutions for one server.

I support putting all this energy into a more obtainable goal.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i dont know just sounded like it was giving an explanation of things and not answering the main OP! ( i was guilty of explaining things too) Seems to be a pretty straight forward question, at least to me.

12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, in't that required to answer said question? It isn't so black and white.

13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Answering the question and including a reason in a post is normally considered good etiquette. It's only natural for those reasons pro/con to be discussed.

That would be the point of a forum. It's not to answer thread titles and run.

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

wow you guys have a problem with anything i type dont you? LOL

rune 74 -Well, in't that required to answer said question? It isn't so black and white.

Ristra - Answering the question and including a reason in a post is normally considered good etiquette. It's only natural for those reasons pro/con to be discussed.

That would be the point of a forum. It's not to answer thread titles and run.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Constantly pushing away anyone that doesn't agree with one definition of PvP as if it doesn't belong in the thread, yes, I disagree with that. It comes off as if it's an attempt to feign outrage to rally moderator support to removed people from the thread.

So it's more of a case of you having a problem with anything other people type that does not support your thread/post.

rune_74 likes this.
  16. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

I do not think this thread have been so much off topic... But my opinion are not worth anything, as anyone else's with the exceptions for moderators. Therefore I would like this kind of posts to end because they are definitely off topic and of you look at this post from Moderator Koldar you will find this:

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Greetings Avatars! It looks like ANOTHER PvP thread needs moderation. I am locking this until it can be fully reviewed by the moderation staff.

EDIT:
    Avatars, Avatars, Avatars. *shaking a lowered head* I have finished cleaning a heap of rule-breaking posts. I feel it prudent for me to repost a clip of the Forum Rules I have seen violated by Avatar's who are for and against PvP in this thread. I know many of you are already well aquainted with them, but I am hoping a reminder will restore some sanity to the discussions that have been going on lately.

Oops. It looks like I reposted *every* forum rule, all of which have been broken in this thread...repeatedly. Read them, follow them. That's about all I can say.

PS: If you didn't receive a PM from me, you post was removed because it quoted a post that was moderated. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I read this silly thread everyday. It has the best and the worst of comments. I don't really care if they make a separate PvP world. But what I can say is that won't be a part of it because there is a lot more to the game play than PK'in and I am too easily frustrated by some PvP'ers whose so goal in life is to be a (you fill it in). And before whomever wants to claim I am not a PvP'er, let me point you to one the the largest PVP towns in the game, The Front, which I have committed over 75% open land for pure PvP games with no housing.

The claim that only Non-PvP'ers voted no is inaccurate.

19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

This is not needed... PvP isn't about the loot... the best player vs player games that I remember as a kid had no loot in them (besides UO) ... it's about killing the guy and saying "YEAH I KICKED YOUR BUTT!"

That's it. If that's not good enough then it doesn't matter what they do you're going to get burned out and want to move on. PvP isn't about loot, never has been, never will be... it's about killing people.

I'm a PK Hunter because I like a good fight and PKers are usually better PvPers than randoms.

I know this is a heated topic so I want to make my point about that before I answered: no. I wouldn't play a different server. Selective Multiplayer is one of the HUGE selling points of this game... everyone gets what they want all at the same time. I will be VERY disappointed if they shard instead of keeping everything combined.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Richard Garriott has one major factor going for him that I have always enjoyed. The games he builds are designed with a core foundation. Everything about the game is structured on that foundation.

When the game stays true to that core it is a strong game. It's when that core is ignored that the game crumbles.

You be the judge with each of the games RG has released. Namely U8, U9, UO, Tabula Rasa. When each of these lost focus on the core the foundation either cracked or crumbled all together. UO and TR being online persistent worlds showed the most.

One single meta shard is a core foundation. If Richard caves on this priciple it will be the beginning crack in the structure.

I honestly could care less about one play style or the other, PvE, PvP, part time, full time, single player, friend play, open play. The core principle announced when they first started building the foundation need to be the center.

Grow on the solid footing don't split off into something else.

Heskel, rune_74 and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.