Time Lord appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by redfish, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Good luck and stay safe! *hugs*

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Thailand's Political Revolution"
    [​IMG]
    Ronan Said;
    TL good to hear things are not as wacky as some rumor monger news stories make it out to be. Above all else...
    _____________________________________________________________________________!

That is So True Ronan! :rolleyes: Thailand is the only country I know who's monetary value "rises" during a revolution, a revolution that is almost invisible if you are not in down town Bangkok. before the revolution here the exchange rate was 32ThB to $1 USD and now is 31ThB to $1 USD.

Even there in BKK, the Thai (normal people) have been marching in a parade that rivals Macy's Parade in it's jubilant nature and atmosphere. There in BKK the parade of protesters have been there from well before December numbering anywhere from 10,000-100,000+ and even have music the style of Woodstock to Thai Country Music. "Everybody wearing Red, White and Blue" have been camping there inside the City where the live music almost never stops. The Thai's have had their occasional isolated clashes with police, which were nothing more than lobbing tear gas canisters back and forth between some braver protesters and the Thai Police, but every one of those contests ended in the protesters themselves and the Police all "actually shaking hands and exchanging gifts"!

"Musical Woodstock Thailand Style"

[​IMG]
    The Country of Thailand reverts back to a Kingdom between political changes, and is "Very Tourist Friendly"!!! and "Very a Safe Place to Come and Visit, Anytime"!!! :D

If and when I get my status changed here in Thailand, I will be attempting to make a YouTube Video so you can all take a walk with me in and around Chaing Mai so I can show you all a culture that you may have missed as a destination of wonderful tourism and maybe you can see some of this New Britannia flavor here that I talk about.

The most disturbance that I have seen happening here that my GF says is a part of the protests, is that our internet connections may come and go and the lights here can flicker from time to time, but all here is well and I think you all for being so kind as to think of little Time Lord and what's been happening in his world.

The big news everyone here was watching last week was the cracking of the concrete from the earth quake, 2 traffic accidents (they really should ware seat belts here sense they're in the cars anyway) and some Mother Monkey that wouldn't let go of her dead baby and a snake that had been stealing chicken eggs and placing them under a rotten log. <---<<< those were all the largest news stories here last week, so as you can see, it's a very laid back place to be in :cool:

My internet is up and working for now :D
    Oh and OMG! Over 3500 "Likes"!
    Who says news sensationalism doesn't pay :p
    Thank You All Very Much! :)

"Thailand's Political Macy's Parade"
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: "3800 Likes? OMG New Britannia!" :confused:
    [​IMG]
    "SO, How Happy is the Time Lord?"

"Thanks New Britannia!"
    Maybe this will cause my creators to grow me up around here soon :)
    Thanks to You All, Again and Again and Again :p

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Can You Smell What The New Britannia Theater Troupe is Cooking?"
    "What Happens in a World, When Everything Turns Upside Down?"
    [​IMG]
    (If you've never seen Mel Gibson's depiction of Hamlet, you should really check out the movie)
    In an alternate reality somewhere deep inside New Britannia, there is a similar epic being created that will change the form of online fan fiction stories as we know them. In a place where the true forms of darkness meet the truest forms of light, where those of the greatest noble of birth can be dined upon as the most wicked of dinner ever served and where time itself can die!, "Ye shall be soon entertained!"
    "The New Britannia Theater Troupe"
    where fan fictions become realities...
    ~Time Lord~Jester~:rolleyes:

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OMG! 10,000! This calls for a Celebration, so come join me and the rest of our grand membership in a blood bath of fun at an event that has become legendary and synonymous with the highest of our New Britannia Royalty of pleasure!
    [​IMG]
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bear-tavern-brawl-r9.13315/
    :eek: Hear Ye, Hear Ye New Britannia! :rolleyes: This is... *dramatic drum roll* .... :eek:"The Event You Don't Want to Miss!":confused:

[​IMG]
    Saturday Aug 23rd
    6:00pm UTC+1 (10:00am PST)
    All fighters need to show up at 5:30pm UTC+1 (9:30am PST)
    /zone Mul Girtab at the requested time. All others please use the basement entrance.
    Check out our page at the Bear Tavern Brawl Tournament for all future events.
    [​IMG]2v2 No Restrictions![​IMG]
    With the exception of outside help.​
    Max teams 16
    Currently only 1 battle will be ran at a time.
    I am going to attempt to use the Team system they are setting up in R9. I will test this as soon as the Dev+ test starts. I will let you know if we do use it for the tournament.
    Prizes
    Bragging Right!​
    Tournament Bracket
    Signups
    If you sign yourself up on the tournament site, please use this format and only one name for each fighter for your team name:​
    MulGirtab/Balec
    This way it is easier for use to tell who is who.​
    If you do not want to sign up for the website but would still like to enter, just put your name down and I can put you in myself.​
    If you do not have a team made up for you, You can send me a message and I will assign you a partner once someone else requests it.
    Live
    These matches will be broadcasted live on [​IMG]
    Channel 1 MulGirtab
    Rules
    (Subject to change)​
    You may use any weapon, skill or spell that is allowed in the game.​
    No outside help is allowed. (We will work on preventing this with force.)​
    The Guards that are placed around the ring will be the boundary for the battles.​
    No player may enter the arena without permission.​
    Follow all instructions given by the Battle Master (The one in charge of the current battle)​
    ___________________________________________________________​
    Role Play
    Not required but we do request it for show.​
    Entering the arena:
    The fighter will come out walking up to whoever is the battle master that battle and stop in front of him/her and Salute. The Battle Master will return the Salute. Then the fighter will walk over to the side that he/she is direct to, turn towards the VIP* and give a Royal Salutation. Once they give the Royal Salutation they will turn to the middle and wait for the 2nd fighter. If they are the second fighter then they both will turn to face each other and they will bow to each other roughly at the same time. Once they do the battle master will say FIGHT once the emote is over and the fighters will go at it.​
    After the fight:
    The loser will limp off the field back through the entrance. The winner will come up to the battle master and sand slightly in front. Once announced as the winner he will salute the VIP then bow to us and leave out the entrance.​
    *Note: If there is no VIP (Game Dev) then skip that part.​
    ___________________________________________________________​

Anyone that wants to fill in the spots that become vacant once the tournament is full send me a PM or simply show up for the event. If there are any no-shows I will toss you in those spots!

If you have any extra ideas or input, or would like to enter please post here.

We are going to let you choose what team you would like to fight again (round one only of course). If you would like to we need both participating teams to post saying they are OK with the fight. So discuss it among yourselves and let us know. This will not have any effect on the winners so it should be fine. This may not be allowed after this tournament.

Looking for a significant other (teammate):
    Ravicus Domdred

Current Requested Fight for Round 1:

Hit the Link! >>>---> https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bear-tavern-brawl-r9.13315/ <---<<< Hit the Link! :eek: "R9!" :confused:

Just think of all the excitement that you can have by telling them "That You Were There!" when it all happened with every bloody and gory detail "In the Full Living Color of Death!"

Just take a good look at these dramatic events that took place during all the fun contests in R8! and R9 will hold even more spells, more combat and even more dramatic game play!
    :oops:

:eek: If you haven't a partner just post your entry on this link and and I'm certain that others will love to join you for all the fun that can be had!
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bear-tavern-brawl-r9.13315/ <---<<< Hit the link, hit the thread, join the thread and join in on all the fun!

At the end of the R8 event :eek:"TheOneandOnly":confused: showed up!
    and killed and thrilled all of the crowd gathered much to the joy of the mad carnage that followed when we all joined in to beat each others brains in for a jolly good time!

"Come, Learn and Enjoy More of All that Our New Britannia Culture Has to Offer!"
    "The Bear Tavern Brawl is Very ~Time Lord~ Approved!"

[​IMG]
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bear-tavern-brawl-r9.13315/
    Please Come Join All the Fun!

X

6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

We're glad you're back from vacation, Time Lord! The forums were kind of boring without you around :p

...And like Time Lord said, come join us in The Bear Tavern Brawl in R9 :D Can anybody take down the powerful team of Espada and Exodus :eek:

Who knows? You may be the lucky one who takes down the mighty Time Lord himself! (Don't worry, buddy! I'll be there to clean up the mess :p)

7. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Good to see...the Time Lord is back :D

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

A Milestone of 11,000 Likes and a tribute as well as thanks to all my SotA friends :)!
    [​IMG]
    Today is called Loy Krathong Day here in Thailand, where all the Thai people send their best wishes into the waters with lit candles and many sky lanterns in wishes into the beautiful night's sky...
    [​IMG]
    We're Growing Ever Larger and Going Much Further Than Ever Before!
    Our SotA community is growing and continues to grow well for it's future. With each new release we pick up many new posting members as well as gain back to our community those that haven't posted for a while. Our game is now proving itself to be a sustainable server and our lands with things to do and learn from can now grow us even further from this little New Britannia we now live in. I find that I very much enjoy now playing our game for a while, then posting some possible useful information so that others who come to our game can see that, even though it's a very small world, there is so much to do and learn from in it.
    Sharing a part of our gaming life here on our forums and encouraging others to share what they have encountered can only serve to better create our world and find more enjoyment in the great relationship that we share with our creative team at Portalarium. Our community has come a long way from it's early beginnings and there's still so much for us to share and learn from when it comes to actually playing the game where our creators can see what we enjoy playing with and how to better shape it for the coming future that is to be.
    For those literary scholars from the days of UO, our world so much greatly resembles that world once fabled by Fabio the Poor in his ingame book, "The Bold Stranger", where great artisans were gathered on a small tiny world named "Rytabul", where all things were first made and crafted there for the coming new world. It's funny how some strange prophecies come true like that ;)
    Yet all of this also points to something much deeper that goes into what we are sharing in our game's creation here and that is love, as gentle as well as harsh as it can come all pointing to a common goal, to help create the finest and most innovative new game that was ever on the market, where inclusion and not exclusion rules our progress in a game where the individual's freedom of choice of how to play in it is paramount throughout it's design.

All my old friends as well as my new friends here within our forums have seen me through 11000 hits on their likes button, and if I have only one thought that I can reflect back to them, I'd like to say...
    ~Thanks to Everyone, and Wishing Everyone the Best, as You All Have Continued to Do Your Best for Our Game!~
    Truly Thanks to Everyone :)!

Gaelis, Arianna, Umbrae and 20 others like this.
  9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed it is Zantul, indeed it is!

Something outside my my window right now :oops: Happy Loy Krathong to everyone! :)

Just a bit of fun that goes on all weekend long here around the castled city walls of beautiful Chiang Mai Thailand... the fireworks and these sky lanterns can be seen literally everywhere in the night's sky all week here between 100-1000's of them. Thai's are such a very happy people in their Kingdom ;)

11. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Thank you for sharing, that was just beautiful! I had tears in my eyes watching it. As the lady talking in the video said, the lanterns look like stars when they get higher - a new galaxy to admire! :)

I send a virtual lantern full of happy wishes for everyone involved with creating/playing SotA. :D

Gaelis, Arianna and Time Lord like this.
  12. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

My wife is Thai. I showed her this, and she got pretty nostalgic for home, but she loved it! Thanks for sharing!

13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

This is the thread that should have 100+ pages. If there is a better poster on these forums than Time Lord, I'll have them hunted and disposed of to hide the evidence.

Gaelis, royalsexy, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  14. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

@Time Lord I'm writing a story and I want to include you as a character - may I do that? Also, where do you think you might live when the game goes live? :D

15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

He'll be living with most of The New Britannia Theater Troupe in the hamlet of Wizard's Rest ;)

http://thecaverns.net/wizardsrest/

royalsexy, I look forward to reading your story :D

16. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And where is our Time Lord? Still internet issues? If you are posting much Time Lord I am missing it. I hope you are well, if you see this.:) I'm missing seeing you around:)

Mata, Time Lord, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Please feel free to use the ~Time Lord~ character in any fan fiction :)
    I'm just a plagiarist when it comes to using the name, but the ~Time Lord~ belongs to all New Britannians, no matter how they may portray him or have him doing in their stories ;)

The ~TL~ has been very busy of late, as his own ~Experiment in Time~ has recently located an appealing site that can host such a venture. The site had to have enough water surrounding it as well as an inviting public, as most of what will hopefully be flying in the air space above it, should tell us much about what are called "Time Arrows"... so stay tuned and don't touch that dial', or I may become split between 2 universes again, just like I did in Once Upon a Time Lord! :eek:

"But Be Sure Not to Miss the Sequel"
    Author ~Gabriel Nightshadow's~:oops:
    "The Avatars Chronicles I - Return of the Avatar: Special Developer Edition"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    :rolleyes: I never know what's going to happen to me in any of these stories... err... umm... "the other me!" :confused:

:oops: Coming to an Aether Vibration Amplifier near you Saturday January 17th 2015, 11am Central Time!
    "...Set on another New Britannia, in a parallel universe this saga chronicles the adventures of an unlikely group of heroes who have banded together to save their realm from dark forces which threaten its very existence..."

30 amazing voice actors from our very own community. Four of the communities favorite developers: Richard Garriot, Starr Long, FireLotus and Stephen Daniele. Hundreds of hours of work. All come together to bring the community one of the most epic sized productions to be entered into the history books.
    We invite you to join us all, this Saturday, January 17th, in the Church of the Dark Star in PaxLair, Valemark in the Hidden Vale and on Avatars Radio for a fantastic listening party! Be one among your friends to be able to say "we were there when this happened!".
    The Avatars Chronicles I - Return of the Avatar: Special Developer Edition. The heroes look forward to seeing you there! ;)
    Could ~Gabriel Nightshadow~ be Tracy Hickman's evil clone? o_O
    [​IMG]
    Decide for yourself at the ~Avatar Chronicles~ premier! ;)
    ~Time Lord~ Theater Troupe Jester~:rolleyes:

19. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Lord Baldrith, Mata, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Just georgeous Ariella. Thank you for sharing. It's like the movie "Tangled". It really happens. What makes the lanterns float up into the sky by the way? I would love to see this.:)

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.