Captain Jack Is Setting Sail - Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainJackSparrow, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack will get right to the point. Captain Jack has still not yet put his money where his cargo hold is and bought into Shroud of the Avatar so is taking this time to write to you all one last time now. Captain Jack was waiting here for more information, interacting with the community, seeing if it were at all possible to shape directions and observe tracks where Shroud of the Avatar would be ideal to buy into. Alas, there just aren't any Nookleer Wessels. That stretch goal is just insanely priced...

Because Captain Jack will not buy into SotA at this point due to lack of Ships and other things like Thievery along with everything to support his preferred RP styles, he will also be denied the ability to interact with all of you come June 29th when he is cut off from the forum due to not donating.

$5 isn't that much, but Captain Jack would have no idea what is being done with his money when used in this manner, so cannot in good conscience just part with it without proper parlay.

In any case, Captain Jack has had much fun interacting with many of you up until this point so it saddens him to leave. He thanks you for the opportunity.

Two of Captain Jack's favs:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...cism-of-6-month-demo-combat-card-system.3780/

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../scare-the-poster-above-you-with-a-pic.19852/

Bon Voyage.

Logain, Greyfox, Tarsin and 17 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

WEll I hope you will reconsider and not leave us Captain Jack. The stretch goal price is there since the team does not have time to do them at the moment, but they are all going in regardless when the time comes. That has been announced. We will have our boats, mounts, pack animals, elves, everything. So I would not give up, hopefully you won't. **cheers** as always.

Stahlknecht, NaomiLin, Acred and 3 others like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Captain Jack, I have enjoyed your posts immensely over the past several months. I love your humor, 3rd person speech and your pithy to-the-point comments. I always have a feeling of anticipatory delight when I click on "What's new" and discover you have made a new post. It never occurred to me that the $5 posting pledge requirement (which even the Devs don't like and consider a temporary measure) would have the negative side effect of cutting off popular members of the community. It is understandable if you set sail because SOTA isn't providing the role-playing experience you want, but it is a sad day for the SOTA community.

Acred, Albus, Dinsoo [MGT] and 5 others like this.
  4. Acred

Acred Avatar

There are other ports to sail to, Captain Jack, but I hope some day in the future you will make Port Alarium your home port.

5. Albus

Albus Avatar

Postings by Captain Jack have always been welcome to the eyes. It would be welcome to the ears to hear that Captain Jack keeps to this port, elsewise Captain Jack shall be missed but many well-wishings shall travel with him on his way.

6. Mata

Mata Avatar

[/ Spoiler]
    Literal Translating: Son (Boy) come back soon
    Son (Boy) come back soon, soon to be home again
    Son (Boy) never go away, never again

I worry, worry about yourself
    Think also of tomorrow, keep me in your mind

Wherever the seafaring pushed me during my life
    Still to this day I know what my mother wrote to me
    In each port a letter came to board
    And always she wrote "Don't stay away for so long"

Still to this day I remember
    how the first trip proceeded
    I sneaked off secretly as mother was sleeping
    When she awoke, I was on the sea (ocean)
    In her first letter was written "Come back home soon"

I worry, worry about yourself
    Think also of tomorrow, keep me in your mind
    Son (Boy) never go away, never again [/ Spoiler]

Farewell :(

Stahlknecht, Acred, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Bon Voyage and good winds, Captain Jack! Your posts were always welcome and refreshing, I will await your return;)

8. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

It's taken me a while but I finally figured out where I had heard of Captain Jack before... before the Pirates of the Caribbean that is.

In 1997 there was a character called Captain Jack, who used to talk about himself in the third person as part of the Babylon 5 series. Admittedly his part was small and didn't last but I wonder if it wasn't the inspiration for the Captain Jack that came around later in the movie the Pirates of the Caribbean.

See this clip. It's the entire episode but just the first 10 seconds from where I have this starting should suffice.
    https://goo.gl/28GGzD

In any case, it's a shame you have decided to leave but hopefully our paths will cross once more, later on in our travels.

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Brilliant!

10. Net

Net Avatar

There is also this Captain Jack:)

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Thx for sailing with us and leaving your own personal touch in this forum.
    Rest assured your ship will always be welcome. And watch out for the many Lighthouses.

Still many Fan Sites out there with own Forums that might now get a increase of interaction because of the 5 Dollar hurdle this forum has.
    Maybe you find a port with a nice tavern that enjoys your 3rd person input just as we did.

12. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I always found your forum RP a nice change so it will be very sad to see you sail into the sunset.

Hopefully you will reconsider and come back to us as your whit will be missed by many members I'm sure.

Myrcello, Acred, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  13. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Captain! Say it ain't so!

You will be missed. Honestly, I would hope the forum posting fee would be for new accounts. No need to force this on existing accounts known not to be spammers and active. If this is the case I hope you will stick around because I have always enjoyed your commentary. If they do charge existing and you want to stay around, feel free to PM me here or join up on SOTARP.org and PM me there. $5 is a measly sum to ensure your Captain doesn't go down with the ship. ;)

As for you not buying into SOTA, your reasons are understandable and you can always check back in as future versions may provide something.

Hope you having been pulling too heavy on the mead to find the door, but if not good luck on your travels.

Mac R, Myrcello, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  14. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Say it ain't so Cap'n.

Myrcello and Acred like this.
  15. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

And, we're out of rum.

Numa, Tarsin, smack and 4 others like this.
  16. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Captain Jack remember the style of play that you prefer will probably be developed for Episode 2. So watch the ether waves for that message in a bottle and I wish you fair winds and following seas until our ships meet on the horizon.

majoria70, Myrcello and Acred like this.
  17. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

We'll miss you and your third-person wisdom.

"Captain Jack will get you high tonight
    And take you to your special island
    Captain Jack will get you by tonight
    Just a little push, and you'll be smilin'"

Pretty sure that song is about you.

Themo Lock, Dinsoo [MGT], Net and 4 others like this.
  18. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

Naaargh, this be bad news, matey. But Nemo knows how yer feel. Gonna take some fair winds indeed ta get me hand on a boat, much less a berth to park her in; an' if yer dead set on floatin', askin' yer to hang on when there not be much hope o'that wouldn't be rigged right.

But the sea dogs 'ere do have a point about comin' back to these shores in Episode 2, maybes. Only Neptune knows how long the roastin' time o'that one would be, but yer would at least know then if they plan ter let yer get yer yo ho ho on. So don't be a stranger, ya hear?!

Acred likes this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

Please stay. If Winfield can go fishing where there are no fish, surely there is hope.

Numa, Dinsoo [MGT], Ronan and 3 others like this.
  20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Not surprised... fare thee well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.