non-Constructive Criticism of 6 month demo Combat Card System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainJackSparrow, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

We've all seen it by now. We have all complained about it by now. Nobody likes it, not a single person. If someone says they do, they lie.
    It is known.
    So say we all.
    Make it so.
    Engage.

I have access to the Omega client via the Dev++ forum. I have downloaded the client and game content and have now revised the combat system to what it should have been from the start. #win

Firstly, here is a picture of our Avatar fighting a terrible creature from another dimension. Ugly, bloodthirsty, pure evil: a Paquin Blood Fairy:
    [​IMG]

See all the confusing cards popping up distracting the Avatar from axe slashing that fairy back to hell where it came from? Nope. Nice and clean. But there is at least one UI element you may have missed!!! Check it out, look at the pic again, bottom left hand corner:
    [​IMG]

It is almost too small to make out, but there it is. Little green Play icon. You don't need to click it or anything. It has two forms of activation to make it super simple for the top most immersionz experience.
    1) Full time always on real-time never stop tickbox in the options screen.
    2) Hook-in to Google Glass, all you need to do is BLINK to activate.

All this is, is the in-game link to an external library or executable which launches your super-macro-micro program. This super-micro-macro program then launches into #win mode and plays your combat options for you! Superz easy folks, have no idea why the Devs couldnt come up with this!!!

So. What does the macro-super-micro do in the game which you cannot see? Well I have turned on Debug mode here in my Omega SotA client and you can see very clearly how easy it is to program for even in the back end.

#Winning is as simple as ELEVEN. If you can't add or count to 11, don't worry, some of these are even so powerful, you can even #win in under zero moves!!!
    [​IMG]

RIGHT. So lets step through the #winning process to learn how easy this should have been Devs. All the micro-super-macro program needs to do is execute 11 keystrokes in rapid succession. I've got it tweaked to <0.1 nanoseconds. Basically it is an automatic #win as soon as you either start combat, or start combat and blink. Totally up to you. 100% your choice, you have full control like 150% over this.

Now, the #winning moves. You can skip this part now if you just want to press the play macro and #win.

#1 - Wylde Ting
    Wilde Ting is crazzyyyy man. This turns your Avatar into a baseball slugging chic magnet. Some say, Olivia Wilde loves the glasses boys, go get her.

#2 - Selfie
    What good is Wylde Ting if you can't capture the magic? Selfie works great in a combo with Wyld Ting.

#3 - Cool Story Bro
    Keep your combos going with this skill link. Cool Story Bro will have your audience ready and waiting for everything which follows.

#4 - SEG
    Typically the *%#$ Eating Grin is played right after Cool Story Bro because, well, after you tell a cool story, bro, you've got to sit back and smile while everyone soaks in your awesomeness.

#5 & 6 - #win#ning
    The #win#ning initiator is only needed if your squishy PvP target has actually made it through SEG, and very few do mind you. Activate #win#ning to finish him!

#7 - Are You Not Entertained?
    After you have dealt so much massive #winning in PvP, it is hard for others to watch. They are stunned. They are upset. It happened so quick and they haven't really had the payoff of enjoying it! Well, this skill will being to draw your mad crowd of plebs into you, get them ready, turn them into a mob, the ides of march is upon us now! YEAHHHHHBRAAAAA

#8 - Hipster Hat
    This is a powerup, get ready to totally pwn everything in sight. This draws the life forces out of every living thing in the game, all of them, at once at faster than light speed. Put on the hat, and flex those bro lifting arms of yours.

#9 - Sexy Kiss
    What combo is complete without a kiss from a sexy woman? You don't truly #win unless you play Sexy Kiss in a round, no matter what. Make sure to pass this on to your PvP target, even if he is just a boody insta-gibbed mess on the ground.

#10 - Rambsheen
    This is it, under less than a nanosecond and we've already hit the end of all ends. Turns your Avatar into a huge raging Rambsheen with the auto-one-punch-#win move automacially thrown on end of activation. Nobody survives this. Nobody. #win.

#11 - Once the supermicromacrothingy runs, it charges your TIGER BLOOD super power. Always remember, you can never kill just one. Activate TIGER BLOOD after your first PvP #win and it will instantly kill everyone else in your mini-shard.

There you go Devs. It couldn't be easier. Why program complexity, confusion, depth, and require us to put thought into things even before the combat starts. What the??? This #winning system is very similar to all other MMOs out there. You don't need to think to pick it up, you don't need to learn anything new. Just jump into the game and #win.

Easy.
    As.
    That.

Me, well, I am available to dispatch these files to you, at the drop of a hat. The program is only about 734 bytes and I can upload pretty good from where I am on my 28.8k modem.

Above I present to you the #WINNING combat system which will fit very well into SotA, it has been designed with direct feedback to your current combat system in other threads taken into account.You are welcome. And now I just ask you one question?

[​IMG]

:D

Tarsin, Seon, scottlee and 15 others like this.
  2. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Well. I don't know if I should be laughing or crying at this. But, to pose an answer to your last question, yes lol.

3. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

*cheers for CJS*

4. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Bonus points for creativity and sarcastic delivery.

A-

5. stile

stile Avatar

Im at a loss for words :)

But i do see what you did there. Love the last question bit :)

CaptainJackSparrow likes this.
  6. CaptainJackSparrow

How does one score an A+ !

7. Kal Morte

Kal Morte Avatar

The funny thing is that by the end of that post, I don't know who he is admonishing, the devs or the people (including myself) complaining about the combat system.

Well done, and quite entertaining.

CaptainJackSparrow likes this.
  8. CaptainJackSparrow

Most everything you post makes a good point Kal. I just had a little time on my hands and figured, why not. :)

9. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Can you do one for the slider system next? Your blend of humor, sarcasm, and criticism is excellent.

BillRoy and CaptainJackSparrow like this.
  10. CaptainJackSparrow

I started one, didn't finish... The slider is a huge project because currently it means something different to every individual, it is a Beast! So I pumped out the banner things instead.

BillRoy likes this.
  11. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Wow! I love the winning bit.

The biggest question I have is... How do I get access to the Dev++ forums? :)

12. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

I believe kneepads are involved

13. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I love the combat system, looking forward to it. The symbols popping up were easy to identify, we saw some lightning, blanks, and the ever important fireball that looks like he doesn't have very many of as they came up the least. Once you use this system for a little bit I'm sure you wont be distracted by it anymore than you are distracted by waiting for a cooldown on an ability. I expect we'll see some changes on how quickly they come up, it was set for about 1 sec from what I could tell, that is faster than I thought it would be. I think that might have been simply for this demo.

I disagree entirely with people's agruements and I'm glad the dev's are standing their ground that we will try this in Alpha and after trying it we'll be able to say yay or nay or tweak it. I might not like it when we actually use it, but from what I see it will be really fun.

14. chillblain

chillblain Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Spec'ing this system out right now.

Deus_Irae, monxter, Ser Alain and 8 others like this.
  15. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

16. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

The devs seriously have nothing to say on the actual constructive thread, but find it fine to post here?

17. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Or perhaps an actual response is being written by someone and it's taking time to compose because of its length and breadth of content as opposed to a snarky .gif.

18. G Din

G Din Avatar

Why so serious?

19. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

We dont need gigantic explinations. Just quick updates.

You guys seem to have an agile/scrumm sprint mentaility (stand up meetings), why not just blast a few yes/nos about the real decisions to quell a bunch of noise?

20. G Din

G Din Avatar

That is horrible advice. You just want quick half-ass comments? I'd prefer them to take their time and post something well thought out .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.