PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The Unwanted, what's your solution?

mbomber likes this.
  2. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

From what I understand, with each episode release there will be that many more POTs. If peeps keep paying for land, RG will just keep selling it. What will keep it valuable? POTs will become less and less viable and inhabited; soon the player base will evaporate. Remember, we are starting with Trammel here, not going to it. Caveat Emptor.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Slippery slope.

The game was funded on kickstarter, they even made more then they said they needed to make it....a lot of people put money into this.

Sure he owns it....which I think is a major problem in itself and should never have been sold like this. That's why I'm suggesting rules and not a vote to see who is in charge. Rules at least somewhat control an out of control situation. You can't ban players from an NPC town and you shouldn't be able to ban players from a PoT.

Even houses I'm a bit off on...I'm not even sure they should have banning ability.

People have to realize that when playing online there may be people they don't like doing things they don't like...that's why there will be Mods in place to take care of them. (Although they haven't even discussed that yet...but most likely they will be the chosen few)

4. smack

smack Avatar

Come on, that's not even a solution. The banned player has to drop to SPO to visit the connect POT...in SPO?!? He can't visit his connect POT community in OPO. Currently you can't dynamically switch between SPO/OPO while moving between scenes. You have to log out and stay in SPO to visit the connected POT. So this really isn't a viable solution.

5. Drocis the Devious

They've already limited homes sold in the add-on store for EP1. So your premise is flawed.

Lord Baldrith, mbomber and Womby like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

I think players should realize that there will be POTs they don't like, and not go there.

mbomber, Womby and cartodude like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

You're right, so PORT should create a fix for that. It doesn't mean that banning the player is wrong or shouldn't occur. It just means they have a gap when the player is banned from a connecting town.

mbomber likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Some people would say the same about PvP... Just sayin' ;) Actually I think it would be pretty cool once roguery is in the game to be able to break into buildings. And if you do, they're trespassing, so you have a right to kill them. Different topic!

9. Drocis the Devious

That's never going to happen in this game. But yeah - different topic. :)

mbomber likes this.
  10. gruenok

gruenok Avatar

The solution to funding the game is probably not in alienating future players by making it a game where robber barons make it double plus un-fun to play.

11. smack

smack Avatar

The fix should be giving community owners, be they POTs or PRTs or wherever, the in-game tools to build walls and gates.

mbomber likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

What's your best example of that? Give me your number one reason this game is un-fun because people paid a lot of money into it so it would exist in the first place.

Lord Baldrith, mbomber and Womby like this.
  13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Heh, I was using a line that was used against me so many times which was really a strawman...:p

I don't care about PVP unless I am forced to do it(don't do this to the thread though please....

I don't think players should have that much power in game...it basically ruins a game. It allows griefing and I would even say bullying if enough buddies get together to make sure someone can't enter a bunch PoT's to participate in events.

I get there will be times when you have people griefing you, but I think that isn't up to the individual to take care of....I can't think of any other game that gives the player that power and they manage without it.

mbomber likes this.
  14. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Agreed...

I don't like the PvP ones since I don't PvP but I'm not about to start advocating to prevent PvP POT's... I just avoid them.

15. Drocis the Devious

I don't disagree with the spirit of that, smack. But selective muliplayer doesn't work that way. That's a road we passed a long LONG time ago. The whole 100% consensual nature of this game makes your idea one that doesn't match up with the overall design.

mbomber likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Yep. Perfect example.

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Oh bs. It would exist after the kickstarter. No one owes you for this game existing. Don't fool yourself. It's great you gave money but a lot of people did, and compared to the overall amount your donation is minor.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Why are you afraid of rules in PoT's?

19. Drocis the Devious

This entire 32 page waste of time has just been summed up perfectly here.

You just avoid PVP Rune and it's not a problem. Same thing with POTs.

20. Drocis the Devious

Why can't you just avoid POTs like you do PVP?

Duchess Wyldemane and Womby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.