Immersion Breaking Jack O' Lantern Mask

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padreadamo

padreadamo Avatar

We have some major other issues that need dire attention--Combat, mechanics, advancement, story, polish, and bug fixing. I mean all of the "fluff" questions during the hangout and then this? Come on.

Smitty, Kaisa, Eriador and 2 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

[​IMG]

Epona, Razimus and Grave GodsHammer like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I may be in the minority but in my neighborhood/city not many people wear a pumpkin on their head.

I'm not even sure at this point if I'm surprised/disappointed or what....

It's honestly got to the level of "meh".

Kaisa and Alexander like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    sure, lets all just go on an off topic rant and shut down the thread. /sigh.

Kvow likes this.
  5. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

I do not mind hats, costumes, masks, props etc. I do mind the unrealistic flaming heads though. I can even put up with the Steampunk stuff if it stays where it's at. I do agree and think the devs need to reign it in a bit though. Not looking forward to seeing people wearing these jack heads all over the place.

Epona, Kaisa, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Why bother creating any lore or story, if its just going to look like any other F**kbook casual theme park trash.
    It's beginning to look exactly like the games that Kickstarter backers were expecting to get away from.

Smitty, Epona and Alexander like this.
  7. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I appreciate the work and efforts put into the newest add-on store Items but I dont know what to make of this. Because its a sandbox I respect that we will have any kind of stuff in the game. I like this but also would like to see a reason why an item is introduced to SotA in terms of a strong connection to the games world or lore. Unfortunately I currently can not sense any connection with SotA. I really want to like and get a sense for them so maybe we can get official lore for it? I am afraid that SotA will feel rather playing RL than an ultima game at some point.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Kaisa, wagram and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

This sandbox keeps being brought up....when did this become purely a sandbox game? I thought and bought into a story driven game with some sandbox elements. I'm beginning to be afraid and semblance of order in lore will be buried deep beneath recreations of someones favorite fantasy novel.

On the other hand, if they somehow tied these masks into some lore that the world adopted one of the real world holidays with a twist it would somewhat make sense....but, at the moment it makes zero sense.

9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I have no problem with the masks o_O Hey, if roughly 57,000 avatars from Earth started showing up in Novia over a given time period, they are bound to bring their customs and traditions with them and have an influence on Novian culture :rolleyes:

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Not a huge fan of the radios either....but they do give people something to do I guess...

Epona likes this.
  11. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

That helps a little bit to understand.

12. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Exactly, it should look like a mask, not paint on a bald man....

Epona, Sara Dreygon and Razimus like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Following the story and lore will be up to the individual. This is totally that kind of game. Tons of work has gone into making the story and lore, just because we get masks and playful stuff does not take anything like that away. What does one thing have to do with the other? Only what someone makes it mean. Not everyone wants to play the game the same way. Some will seriously delve into the story and lore and some will totally roleplay and others will party with their masks and colorful clothes and socialize. We have it all here, but never for once think the wonderful story and lore won't be there. Not just at you @Rune, it's easy to think stuff and worry, not trying to deter you, this is just my opinion.:)

14. Drocis the Devious

What exactly is lore breaking from these masks? Nothing. I think some people don't really understand the lore.

galdrmadhr likes this.
  15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMORPGs ;)

Imagine pumpkinheads jumping around in dark dungeons or on top of houses on which 37 ankhs and 67 chairs are placed on top of each other and on the lawn the words "Star Warz rulz!" is written with fruit. ;)

Kaisa, Alexander, wagram and 2 others like this.
  16. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Of course it is.

But there is only one other option. The more the game is finished and the intent and direction is finished the more we as consumers have to decide: Is that the game for me or not. And this includes Add On Store System.

I myself am having a hard time with the Items Freedom and Choices we players get, and how they are often used from players.
    Star Wars Galaxy Online had it, but it was all hidden inside the houses.

I am not a fan of Palm Trees in Owls Town believe me. And no i would not like Pumkin Heads running around all day besides Halloween.

But i have come to accept the fact that i either say: Ok this is the way they want the game to be, and i can adjust to it, because there is a huge number who loves it that way. Or if i am not one of it i have to move on and sale my account.

Or the keep providing more and more adjustable options. But at one point they can´t keep up with that. They just have to drop some customers as loss, as they can´t make us all happy.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Epona and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

That's exactly what the lore suggests. It's the same reason Ardoris looks like feudal Japan and Venice had a love child and sent it through a lunar rift.

For people overly concerned about the lore, I suggest they start to read it.

18. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I'm not sure about the immersion folks, but I plan to wear the pumpkin mask in front of the natives and let them fancy me a God like the Egyptians. In no time they'll be feeding me grapes off the vine and fanning me with those woven reed fans.

19. Drocis the Devious

I was in LA this week. It doesn't look anything like that.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That's called creative licence and a wonderful example of artistic creativity....or so they say.

Alexander and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.