Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Non-consensual PVP Now Possible

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Womby, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, it kind of defeats the purpose of a guild war if the whole guild is not at war.... Not to mention the exploits.

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Couldn't those members that don't want to participate in the war, simple opt out by going SPOn/FriendO for the duration (this is going to make someone so happy:rolleyes:) - assuming you're in Womby's guild and not Envy's, of course:p

You'd still share your chat with your members and stuff, probably the scene as well with other non-participating members.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It should be your guild's responsibility to keep non-pvp folk out of the war, not some deceptive "you declare war on a 50 man guild but suprise!! Only 3 of them become killable"

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

kills only count guild vs. guild. Other open PVP "mercenaries" won't have their kills counted

5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

So hire mercs to weaken and go for the finishing blow?:)

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    So you are saying Its by design right now that when you do guild warfare your guild is ALSO open pvp? If so I beg you to reconsider.

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Sounds great in theory to include the entire guild but in a consensual pvp only game that averages maybe a half dozen people actually flagged for pvp... the only guild wanting to fight each other will be fairly small i think. I will put it to the guild if they want to test it or not since i would love to wade in gore but i will not force it on others (when recruiting i was clear that we are a pvp optional group).

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you have to opt out you should have some kind visible indicator showing you are opted out.

If a war has been declared, you should no longer be able to opt in or out until the war is over.

Sophi likes this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

On the subject of opting out, can it really exist in conjunction with pvp flagging being the mechanism behind guild wars?

I mean if anyone can attack the enemy guild, why not just opt out and temporarily pvp flag if you see the chance to kill someone?

Logain and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think that open flagging for PVP when you are in a guildwar makes sense. PVP flags mean that you have rejected the protection of the Oracle to engage in battle with your fellow avatars. Being at war with another guild (even if it is because that guild is "eeevil") would fall under that category, I think, as much as being an anti-PK does.

4EverLost likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

and thats what many will do I'm afraid. Its what many will do from the non combat ambush mode.

Ice Queen likes this.
  12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I simply disagree. I think it makes no sense. Why have guild wars when you can just have a pvp guild and fight everyone. Guild wars are supposed to be structured wars IMO and no outside interference should be able to join in. It is for status and loot. By making it open pvp it lets anyone jump in, which breaks balance. It is definitely a deal breaker for me.

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I agree. I'd consider participating in Guild Warfare if only the guilds involved could fight, but not if they simply flag members as Open PvP. I think the same thing with duels; it is between participating individuals, and no one outside should be allowed to interfere. If you wanted it to be more open, you can participate in an arena or PvP scene, or flag for open PvP.

14. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, then, it places the guilds into a vacuum. I could as easily say, I only attacked this one person who was flagged for PVP in a scene, why am I flagged for PVP against all of his friends.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Exactly. What is in effect now is akin to some one auto healing or attacking one member of a duel. Its simply not right. Thank you for this statement.

Sophi likes this.
  16. Selene

Selene Avatar

If the whole PVP flagging system is a function of the Oracle Lore, if they start making it specific to only the two warring guilds, would the oracle be "weighing" your war and deciding who was "right" and "wrong"?

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You didn't agree to the terms of a duel, or sign a writ of war against the participants. You engaged in an open, random attack. Thus, you are open for retaliation.

She might be arbitrating the outcome. I doubt she cares if you are right or wrong.

Logain and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

if you are in a pvp zone everyone is flagged, but if you are a pve guild, fighting another pve guild, doing RP PVP, and you are open world flagged, well then that just ruined the whole game for me. The whole reason I joined shroud, bought my town, and changed it to pve is because of guild warfare that I could fight other RP people without intervention. That is all tossed out the window in the current state of the game. Granted it early but I am not getting a good vibe.

19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

the oracle is obsolete right now as you do not have to flag at it. You just attack from non combat on any other flagged person and your instant pvp.

20. Selene

Selene Avatar

I don't mean in a PVP zone. I mean if I see someone flagged for PVP in Owlshead, and I choose to attack them, I am then open to attack from anyone as long as I am in that SCENE, including their 5 friends who are waiting around the corner or someone totally not involved in the dispute at all.

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.