Player vendors not selling anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Re vendors with names like "Best Weapons" and the like... perhaps instead have the names be randomly generated by the system but include a wooden sign next to the vendor that has the player's advertisement of "Best Weapons".

Alexandra Cornfellow likes this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Perhaps if the devs could have the vendors flagged as 'empty' in the event that they ran out of inventory or if someone decided to just drop a vendor on their property without stocking it.
    Also, I agree with Baron Drocis concerning generic looking vendors. It would be nice if we could have an options menu that would allow us to choose several NPC types, even if their just ones that exist presently in game.
    It would then at least give some feel of variety.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am hoping that in the works is the ability to "dress" the vendors in outfits we craft ourselves. If we had a male and female vendor type, and could dress them in whatever we make, including armor and weapons, walking down the street would be more interesting. Re. Baron's observation about lag, I have noticed it too. Seems odd that all this time I thought the lag was caused by decorations and houses when it occurred, perhaps that is not the case.

Duke Olahorand and Solazur like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm hoping that there are eventually outfits for every profession... so a blacksmith can have a smithing apron, a tailor can look like a tailor, etc.

I think vendors should work like NPCs in that they would just have a title show, whether "Vendor" or "Blacksmith" or "Tailor" or whatever, and then when you interact with them, you find out their name, and it becomes something like "Bob the Blacksmith." See this thread, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/vendor-names.43843/

And we need shop signs. Specialized signs, like a blacksmith symbol (anvil) or a tailor symbol (scissors). Also things like posting flyers on the walls of houses.

But I also hope there's reasons to put vendors indoors, rather than outdoors. Make vendors require a bed in a house to work for you, first of all. But if schedules can come in, put them on a schedule between a bed and a sales counter. This could be outdoors theoretically for certain types of items.

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Maybe the nameplate color could change

Majesticon, Krohon and agra like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In my mind/wish list a vendor who has nothing to sell or buy should go home/away and take the day off until the employer returns.

7. agra

agra Avatar

Sure, some players might abuse the mechanic that way, but there will be players who will legitimately want to use the mechanic as it's intended, and treat the customers with respect.
    As you say, word will get around pretty quickly if someone abusing the mechanic. That's not a reason, in this case, not to put a simple asynchronous "once empty, sit" command in place. (or even, once empty, become invisible to everyone but your owner)

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Sorry back Weins, the bug forum also includes a feedback section and this is valuable feedback that might be acted upon in a dozen various ways :p

9. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

And don't get me STARTED on people naming their vendors using urls...EVL I'm looking at you...

fyerwall, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Duke Raas like this.
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Has anyone considered that these "empty" vendors might be set up for buy orders? They show up on a different tab than the items for sale.

Also, given the fact that we're only a few days after a wipe... maybe people only had a few items for sale and got bought out before you got there?

I would suggest we wait for the economy to get rolling a bit before complaining about them all being empty.

That said, I'm in favor of having some kind of identifier to let us know a vendor has no pending buy/sell orders. It would save a lot of frustration for sure.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Elwyn, Acred and 2 others like this.
  11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Is that a word? Maybe in a Simpsons movie... Dude, it's only been 1 week since a wipe, I dought most ppl play 24/7 and are busy building their stock... Be patient, Little One... Like Starr said "it will be better, when they stop wiping all the data"...

12. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

No offense, but if you are going to be a troll on a word's spelling? Make sure you spell doubt correctly :)

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

Rather than show how many items a vendor has for sale, I'd be much more interested in knowing how long it has been since the vendor's owner added or removed items for sale or purchase. I have no interest in approaching a vendor who's owner is equally disinterested.

Duke Raas likes this.
  14. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

I have 3 fully stocked vendors in Owls Head with tons of high quality crafted items. Bows, Halberds, Swords, Bludgeon weaps, rares, dyes, house deco items and more! Look for The Brasslamp Shop by the lower bank in Owls Head, we got what you need!

Mata, Montaigne and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I said nothing about it's spelling, but rather if it was a "Word" at all... What are you New?

16. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

And a wonderful word it is http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/uglify (since about 1570) I love adding to my vocabulary! Thanks Kara :cool:

17. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up son or should I call you ma'm or what, I'm confused now...

18. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

No, Little one... I was only pointing something out, as did you. I am not new to English, been speaking it for 47 yrs now. BUT you could be new to Google, so I thought I would help you out a bit. Here is the link to said word you called her out on. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/uglify Enjoy, and have a fantastic day!

Montaigne likes this.
  19. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Call me as you will Mr. Sunshine. I love nicknames. It makes me feel loved.

Kara Brae and Draugon Erynor like this.
  20. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out, the other guy gave me that link, so....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.