Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please allow us the option to have an XP bar on main screen

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Show XP pool in some manner on main screen or not.

1. Show as number or bar at players option on main screen

2. Don't show on main screen (show on skill screen)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I'd prefer if I had the option to show XP bar on main screen... it helps me keep track of my xp gains and losses and change where I am at to find a balance in gain vs loss based on targets... it also makes it hard for me to judge if you've messed up the amount of xp gain I'm getting based on targets I'm fighting.

Pulsar, Lockey2, blaquerogue and 10 others like this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im mixed on this tbh.. I dont need to see the xp bar all the time but the gui on the skill tree could be better.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I kinda like the numbers instead of the bars.. the numbers would be smaller than bars if someone chose to put it back on the main screen... I like it currently though.

Yet, I think the numbers would be best, on the Character Sheet screen.

4. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

IMO - why not have both like other games.

Place the bar(s) on the skill tree (bottom is fine) with an option to view numbers in the bar

One thing I would like to see is xp to go to next level - including the actual adventuring level placed somewhere.

I realize adv. lvl is less relevant than skill level, but it is still a stat they many in game use - I know, because I'm always being asked "what lvl are you" rather than "what is your skill tree level"

Oba Evesor, niteowl57 and agra like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well skills are use based not exp based, exp is just eaten up when that happens kinda or has this changed? No need for level its obsolete in this game.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If they wanted to save screen space, they could have just made it not humongous. It would be nice to have the option.

7. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Then why am I asked what level I am, not what are my skill levels LOL!

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I have no idea? Seams pointless if u ask me. Lets just say you are level 500 and be done with it :)

9. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

They were pointless to me, especially the producer bar.
    Im sure the skill UI will be improved, this is just first iteration, like alot of things will see improvment. :)

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's not pointless though. There's no direct correlation between adv. level and the effectiveness of any particular skill, but there is a direct correlation between adv. level and overall character effectiveness. Sure, one person might spend their points more efficiently than another, but it's still a pretty good indicator of player strength, and a lot better than anything else that exists in the game.

I can understand why it wouldn't be desirable to display level in a game that is marketed as levelless, but when there are huge gaps in player strength and xp requirements for progression there should be some kind of useful metrics instead of just hiding everything.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Kinda is here is a simple example. Lets say you focus swords, mace, ranged and fire water and all the magics you take each to level 50 but your overall level is 100

And I go only up the sword tree and supporting trees but I an only level 75.

You may have a higher level and more skills but mine will hit harder be more effective and more efficent.

This is why levels are unimportant that and they have no impact like other games where levels determine crush damage or avoidability and hit likleyness.

Instead Id like to see it show x amount of gms.

Your 10x gm means something to my 2x

12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Like I just said, one person may spend their points more efficiently than another, but that doesn't make it a meaningless metric. If you were forming a party to fight a difficult boss and you could choose between two players, knowing only that one is adv level 20 and the other is adv level 100, you wouldn't just flip a coin because the level 100 guy might have put all of his points in to lock picking.

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Still way more impressive is GMs, should display the #of skills over 100.

I think sota could be diffrent here and pull it off

14. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Just remember that adventurer level and producer level are background X factors. In the case of crafting it is a bit more noticeable since it affects % harvest chance more than a level in that harvesting ability. Given equal total xp, yes focus will have certain advantages in certain areas. Not so much in others.

Plus, I quite enjoyed having the bars at the bottom. While some people didn't like them, I had specific fill points for crafting xp where I would go spend my gained xp on refining or producing.

That convenient visual indicator is lost now and requires a keystroke and click to replace.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  15. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I do agree that it was a waste of screen space though. even though I do wish the numbers there were dockable.

Abraxas likes this.
  16. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Wouldn't it have been easier to just make it customize-able "visible" or "not visable" adding the # in skill tree was fine...

CUSTOM!!! (this falls under my "we need more hotkey bars" posts)

Stop telling people what they need and don't need... what they want and don't want... the players will be paying your paycheck... they will be a wide variety of people who like making their own choices...

Such as whether to play this game or not... Frankly, the dev's are making them choose NOT to play.

If you don't want it on your screen, shut it off in the options menu... but don't take what others want away from them just because a few players don't want it... its like a light switch, turn it on or off.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

No it would not be easier. It fact much more difficult to code.

But it will be coded in time, this is the first version of the process, just like how every other system has come into being.
    Take a chill pill.

18. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

I would like the option to see the XP bar. There are times like when I'm trying to tame a creature that it would be very nice to have the small bar at the bottom verse having the skill tree window open. Since I am not a developer, is that something that is hard to do?

Pulsar and Oba Evesor like this.
  19. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

You do realize that the disable free attack game menu option and onscreen auto attack visual toggle were coded and went through QA for release in under 12 hours right?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I'm not saying if XP display is worthwhile or not, but I will object to every decision being turned into an option. If that request were granted every time it was mentioned we'd have 12 pages of options. And THAT would probably scare away more players than any individual decision.

Oba Evesor and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.