Will you be part of a Kickstarter/Pledge for the next Episode release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Will you pledge in the second kickstarter (Episode 2) and at what level?

1. Same as in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

16.0%
  2. Greater than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

13.6%
  3. Lower than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

24.5%
  4. I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter...

45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Just wondering what is the current thinking on the Episode 2 Kickstarter.
    With the current perception of the game in the press I find it highly doubtful that it can be successful.
    What are your thoughts?

Please note the poll!

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I probably will... The list of things that is supposed to happen in Ep2 is pretty amazing... all the best ideas that have come up have basically been pushed to EP2... EP2 is why I'm here. It's going to be off the chain.

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Could you name some ideas? I have no clue what you are talking about :) Thank you.

Nhili Dragon and Mitara like this.
  4. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

I'm in and will pledge more. I'm loving this game. :)

What ideas are scheduled for ep2? @Duke Avery

5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Wasn't part of the first Kickstarter. Didn't start playing until R12.

So should I vote Greater Than?
    I will contribute to a kickstarter, but not nearly at the levels I am now. So is that Less Than?

Leelu likes this.
  6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

It would be less than.. Sry I didn't make that clear enough.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

flying airships, pack animals, new land masses, flexible placement, more quests, etc... Basically every great idea you can think of to put in the game right now, the devs have heard and considered and said... Ep2. Great ideas are discussed all the time and flagged for Ep2 in the forums... in Dev+... in Postmortums and Telethons... Ep2 is the catch all so the Devs don't fall into scope creep. Ep1 will be great - Ep2 will be epic.

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It depends if Episode 1 will be the game that was annouced during the first Kickstarter. I'm still missing the focus on the single player part, the coop adventure with friends, great, complex quests full of twists and surprises and choices with real and lasting consequences. The "story-driven basically soloplayer game with the option to play online" which it was described to be by Richard Garriott. If they deliver that and show that they really make the SotA that was announced back in 2013, then I might consider backing Episode 2. If not, why should I trust them again?

Fellwin, Aldo, TheBalance and 24 others like this.
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well that's only cosmetics, but Quests and Story I could agree on, if someone likes it!

10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Not just cosmetics... we're going to board ships and fly around in them... and sail ships... those are serious game mechanics. A new land mass brings about new everything - maybe even new mobs and loot and crafting and that's when the trade wars really get real. All these cities with ports and harbors will finally make sense. EP2 will be exciting... and cosmetics are a big deal too - graphics should be much improved as well.

11. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yes hopefully they will have made Unity their B!$&# by then and can do fantasical things.

12. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm willing to if things goes well. I don't have any reason to not support them once more time.

13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Way too early to say I think. No idea what the state of the game will be at that point and no idea what will be offered for pledges.

Solazur, Nhili Dragon, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree with Duke Avery. We have not even begun. The Devs state that even though we launch and have episodes, continuous content and features will be added not just at episodes, but ongoingly. All the past stretch goal stuff, the boating, the mounts, treasure hunting, pack horses and so much more will be added as we go a long, Why give up on a game that is not even a game yet, hmmm? Don't forget nothing and I mean nothing is feature complete in this game, and will it ever be, probably not for a very long time. It will be a continuous adventure.

Some will leave and come back and leave again and come back, and when they do they will say hey, wow look what they have now added. So talking about a game in development like it is a finished game does not make a lot of sense. For those that are new, that could be very confusing. They don't know all the back ground of this game. They are under the assumption that what you see is what you get. Oh but no there will be so, so much more in this amazing game. Richard Garriot has stated that if we ask for it and it is feasible etc, they will try to get it for us if they can, when they can. I've been here for years and I still don't know everything and haven't seen everything. I'm always discovering new things. lol. And *cheers* to all you new ones, do not be disheartened. We are in for an amazing journey. :)

edited

Retro, Putzaroo, Cordelayne and 15 others like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

no I dont think I would. I already have at least 10K into the game now. I would prefer to continue buying things to enhance my in game experience through the add on store. Much easier to buy a few things every week

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Exactly what I was expecting tbh. And I really don't like the idea of another kickstarter to fund ep2. Because the game needs less big spenders and more players spending small amounts.

17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It's still too soon to tell. While I won't have budget to put into this game as much as the pledge in the past, if there are some offers I can't refuse, I will consider it.

18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I'm sure episode 2 will be a huge success, here's what I'm predicting:

Episode 2: Mounts
    Episode 3: Naval combat
    Episode 4: Flying mounts
    Episode 5: Flying airships
    Episode 6: Floating Continent POTs
    Episode 7: Functional Glass swords (from the add-on store) and Permadeath

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Numa, E n v y and Vallo like this.
  19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Kickstarter is done. I will not partake in a pseudo kickstarter for a game that already exists. Expansions don't need a kickstarter. Let the product sell itself.

Sator Faryn, Fellwin, Retro and 26 others like this.
  20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I'm wondering if there will be equal as much housing and POTs on the other continents if everyone is now living on Novia.

Kaisa and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.