Need to look at PvP players who are going to kill PvP for all of the PvP players,

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are fighting for PvP in this game and want it to be something meaningful and viable there is a portion of your own community you need to rein in (not going to happen) and remove from the world. Once the types of players who prey on others for no other reason but to prey on them are curtailed, you might have a chance. Carrots used to lead sheep to the wolves, incentives (and each and every one given that affect PvE is a breaks of a promise) is turing the game into exactly what UO did (which is exactly the way it is going) is not going to work. All these changes are going to do is increase the gap between those who support PvP and those who don't. PvP has it merits and can be fun and enjoyable but this is just a joke. And yes it labels the whole PvP community, sorry but facts are facts.

Now here is the type of player who just takes every step taken, to help you all out, and blows you out of the water. This type of player causes the majority of the community to want nothing at all to do with PvPers (the whole concept). Thieving is whole other issues.

I died in Town did not fight back, could not really care was working on other things - I ressed once at the ahnk (there was a bug reported to what happened)

When I ressed the first time I was stuck at the ahnk as you see me alive but not able to move, I could not see myself nor do anything to leave or fight back, was res killed. Is that not AWSOME. Death #2

This is the death #2....

Now I actually ressed somehow while totally in the dark and was res killed again, death #3, while trying to stuck out. Some players are such hero's.

If you can not handle being stereo typed then you need, to as a Community (PvP), work to have players like this plain out removed. Or mechanics that allow things like this to happen be fixed. But he got nothing out of this fight, nothing (wait I did buy back one recall scroll, 600 - wow). If you enjoy playing like this you have issues and are doing nothing to better the game or yourself. You are basically hurting each and every step taken to promote PvP.

Do not like being stereo typed - deal with the cancer within :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2016
    Net, FrostII, Jivalax Azon and 2 others like this.
  2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Why was the old threat deleted?

3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Did the other thread get deleted? Shame because I sympathize with the OP and had just spent some time writing up why, including a response with solutions to the res kill problem. Any way, real quickly before this one gets deleted as well. . problem is players do not care about honor any more. There is no honor in a res kill, therefore, we need a karma/reputation system like in UO and here are my suggestions to fix res kill problem.

1. If you get killed only exit scene to resurrect.
    2. Archeage didn't allow for combat to take place in a certain perimeter around a respawn point, could be implemented around ankhs in SOTA.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    fonsvitae, Jivalax Azon and Zader like this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Have you not met Weins? That's his thing. If his thread isn't going the way he wants it, he deletes it.

Edit: Ok I may have been wrong in this case ;)

Spoon and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Put out a wanted poster for a reward. They need to label PKers as reds like UO.

6. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Is this what happened Weins?

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

They could set it when you die and after you are resurrected from an ahnk only(not by party/player) you are invisible for an amount of time. Time enough for you to exit scene or get away. But if you interact with a player before, you become vulnerable again. I've seen games do this. Or another option would be that Ahnks are visible when you are alive in game and there is a small safe zone around the Ahnks. Which would allow you to wait safely or port out if you wanted.

Jordizzle likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope it was offensive and not a safe room topic so they got removed and had to be put in a corner LoL

Jivalax Azon, Jordizzle and Adam Crow like this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im on mobile so cant see..

But were you in a pvp zone? Otherwise why were you flagged in the first place?

Your very vocal about all things wrong with having an open pvp OPTION.. so im hoping that this was just ina new pvp area you were exploring?

Sheep to the slaughter argument is weak. No one starts off *good* at pvp. In any game, new players entering player vs player should expect to die a lot at first.

Is this the end game for their pvp? open in pve zones ? i severly doubt it. is it still optional and irrelivant to anyone who chooses not to partake? yup.

But yes those performance issues suck.

I know when i rez i have invul prettty much long enough to leave a zone.

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Off point I do not care about PvP flagging I have been flagged since R36 to see who does what all I am pointing out the weakness the PvP community has in its mist that are what will and is actually killing players from wanting to support PvP, and anything it has to offer.

FrostII and Jivalax Azon like this.
  11. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

So basicly your fishing for bad behavior. Standing in a city flagged of course you gonna get kill. But hey!! you got the footage you wanted to paint the pvp comunity has you see it. I might be wrong but it sure looks that way

Jobe, Vrunk Hrrk, licemeat and 10 others like this.
  12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

How often has this type of thing happened to you? My point is if this is a rare occurrence whats the big deal? Also you ALWAYS have the option of unflagging so i really think your concern is a mute point your not forced to be flagged. Its as simple as shutting it off. Or do you want to flag PvP with no intention of Pvping so you can come up with reasons why there shouldnt be PvP? Im confused.

Jobe and MrBlight like this.
  13. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Without villians to match wits against, the heroes would be less heroic.

The @Adam Crow story is awesome because he had a @Vallo Frostbane to try and foil.

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

What the **** @Weins201 - just out with it already - you've started and deleted this same thread three times. What exactly are you looking for?

Meaningful PVP is something each and every player will have to make up for themselves - the only game mechanic PVP offers is Open PVP. For you, that means one thing - for the dude that ganked you, it apparently means something completely different. If you don't want Open PVP - don't flag for it. And if you do flag for it - know that you are a sheep my friend, just like the most of us.

Jobe, Crowquills, Vrunk Hrrk and 4 others like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We removed it and recommended some changes to Weins on the topic and thread. Which we need to still resolve.

Net and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wrong not fishing for anything , I would not have had an issue If I could have escaped but could not and was stil killed again just showing the mentality of player who are going to continually kill PvP arguments.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have not done anything to the posts it is players who whine and a cradle protectiveness against a strong argument that removes the threads.

The whole point is this is not meaningful PvP, but it is what the PvP community is being beat down for. And as a whole the it is the reason why you will never get the support of the majority of the players.

18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Your example is awful.
    You wernt trying to generate meaningful pvp.
    I have meaningful pvp all the time? group on group and end up going back and forth for hours. I encourage people to kill pvp flagged people who stand atound as chsnces are , they arnt interested in meaningful pvp, as they not flagged to fight.

If anything you gettig killed tells me that people care about keeping that flag for people who wanna fight. not stand around flagged for other reasons.

Failin too see your argument here, when im an advocater for some goal orientated pvp.

19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I think we need to remove all the fake PvE players who ruin the Game for the real PvE players.

To make a different example.

As everyone has a own definition of "meaningful"

Some find it meaningful to watch your avatar dance on one location 2 hours and chat and make jokes

Some find it meaningful to create out of food assets a tower with stars

Some find it meaningful to pvp without risk.

I do not find above examples meaningful. But i also would not tell them to be removed.

20. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

To me it seems his problem is when it come to res killing. There is nothing meaningful when it comes to PVP in regards to killing someone who has just resurrected and unable to defend themselves. There is no honor in that type of PVP. I agree with Weins, people who do that are causing negative views about PVPers to form. Of course not everyone plays the game with honor in mind, so it will always be an issue unless some mechanic is put in place that prevents res killing. The game Archeage accomplishes this perfectly by not allowing players to attack one another within a perimeter around respawn points, or anhks in our case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.