Experience point loss has removed the incentive to adventure and explore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrostII, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

On a side note: it's funny how much longer this mega thread becomes if i click "show ignored content".
    Disclaimer: the people on my ignore list where there long before this topic started.

GrayFog likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Can answer with a quote from myself ;)

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I can come up with a ton of people that have a different (albeit less strong ^^) opinion ;-)

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats the thing isn't it ? The magic phrase that prevents further refining of basic design ?

Can't please everyone sounds like someone who is TIRED of developping and or making sure the game has a larger appeal.

Dosen't sound like the "fun crew" from portalarium who are making a living our of their passion and are eager to come in the forums to soothe the souls of the community by careful balancing act.

5. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

This game is classless, there are no "healers". If you just take healing, you are severely gimping your character. You need defense and offense, there is no way around it. If you insist on group-play, that you are only 1/2 a character and without your DPS counterpart, you are useless. This isnt a very good avatar. Its a dependent avatar, if that is what you like, by all means, but dont expect the game to cater to 0.01% of the population who chose to play this way. I mean you should be dying the LEAST..... with such a character.... how oh how are people dying.....

When I die, its because of lag, almost 80% of the time.... I just die.... because I got 500 bear maul hits at once. I dont complain about those deaths because ive played UO :D in which the lag monster struck ALL the time and I got used to it. Dying because you jumped into a battle that you shouldnt have jumped into is a whole different story. How about people start listing how they die and then we can talk about death decay being a problem, because currently, its only a problem when there is lag.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I call that wishful thinking... why do you think we have nil non-consensual pvp ?

Why do you think the devs are trying to push us to PvP, why do you think Chris said he thought people who won't pvp are somewhat weak because it is part of the essence of MMORPGs ?

Why do you think he said that ? Cause he thinks death is trivial, and that we shouldn't complain.

Now apply same logic to death decay ? :p

We're not having a roots old school MMORPG, at all, ever.

Ask @Rufus D`Asperdi :)

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

If you want people to participate in your logical process, then stop generalizing about them and saying "the only problem" or "the only solution" and putting them in a corner.

8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

It IS removed if you play carefully... and have a great connection to the host of the scene

9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yup, that's the one magic phrase everyone heard already million times.
    It is an annoying sentence for just any dev and/or player.

But it is "true", expecially if you are in an "persistant" state already with your MMO.
    Change something for the better of the current group of complainers, then another group will show up flaming you to death because of the changes you made for the previous group of complainers.
    This doesn't count for all topics, but death penalty, i can only repeat is really an difficult topic, hard, actually impossible to please everyone there.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Wait wait wait i said DIFFERENT opinion. I didn't say wich opinion exactly ^^
    I tried to be funny and underline the typical problem in every single one of this kind of discussions.
    We all have the habit of proclaiming our opinion in absolut terms.

That being said: i don't care if it's an old school mmorpg or not as long as it is fun.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  11. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Ive already mentioned many ways to help causla players if you actually read some of my posts, like "RESTED EXP" and a "3strike system" for death decay that only casual players can accrue based on time "off" the game. But you are guilty of the same accusations so wtv

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So we should ignore the part of the playerbase that isn't so logical as you are Mr. Spock ?

Sure, maybe a few of them have faulty logic, but now, tell me how your game is enhanced by death decay ?

Fear of death enhances your experience in the game, with the rules it has now ?

You said you played UO, so I'm trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish now...

Fear of death lol... if I could even be bothered to care to actually level at a certain speed then perhaps. But still the fact remains that all my friends have left because of this, so my enjoyment of the game has reduced tremendously even if they have all faulty logic.

13. Filter Bubble Algorithm

1. No one is ignoring anyone
    2. I have explained it COUNTLESS TIMES FFS
    3. YES YES YES
    4. I played UO yes.... I dont understand this question
    5. Its pretty CLEAR that this just wasnt the game for them. They dont like a challenge, they dont like the stress, the dont like the acheivement.... go play candy crush...

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Just to say, this is no classless system.
    The only available class is an Avatar with all magic skills more or less and the stupid limitless system and no working softcap makes it bad for pvp, because only those who grind a lot are able to make their contribution to pvp.
    Dont get me wrong x i long have accepted this and refuse to play the competetive parts of the game, because imho there is only one way to pvp. Skill all magicand skill all skills as high as possible.
    Time = Win
    Playerskill comes in long, long after spent time.

Mykll and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Do you realize that for a few years now, we understand that telling people to go play other games is not helping our community in any way what so ever.

It's like you told me that I could go to a restaurant if I didn't want to cook.

I KNOW.

Mykll likes this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

We do understand you dear friend, I think however you should start a thread about this subject, its related sure but we're in twilight zone now :p

Stundorn likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hard and impossible aren't synonyms... and I know what the phrase means, I've been around since kickstarter.

18. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Thats interesting... what would change for you if death decay would be different from like it is right now?
    Or for you @Stundorn ?

If i got you right you would complain about that people are becoming stronger and stronger. Look i didnt died for at least 3 months and added like 15 more GM's and a few 110 skills to my avatar and have now 84 GM's and a couple of 110 and 120 skills. So this system is obviously not stopping anyone from collecting GM titles, but its highly annoying if i would die becuase of the life time i would have to invest to recover.

If you die you dont mind loosing XP if i got you right. So what would Change for you if you die and dont lose XP ?

19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Not neccessary, i just think @Filter Bubble Algorithm got me wrong maybe.
    I'm not exactly on the same side, but i have completely agree to him and dont want him to think i'm on the opposite side :)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  20. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

At this point i simply do not care anymore what you do with death decay. So go ahead and remove it.
    If people want an easy game where death has no meaning so be it.
    Will i like it, no. Will i go crazy about it and post a whining thread? no, i will either just keep playing or move on to another MMO which is harder. Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen may be my future fix then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.