Experience point loss has removed the incentive to adventure and explore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrostII, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Great for you, so am i btw.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

To me it's good that death has to be avoided and that it is punishing me if i die.
    And i liked skill decay always the most, while I totally dislike debuff mechanics.
    Debuffs just let me sit out (afk) or quit my play Session. Decay encourages me to get back what i've lost.
    I one day made it to 1 Million Pool and then died and fall back to 985k or so.
    I wanted to log out, but instead i stayed online for additionally 30 Minutes to get the XP back.
    It encourages me to not to die.
    I dont like it if death is completely meaningless.
    And as said, debuff just make me wait or quit session. That's a bad mechanic.
    In VsoH i once lost 3 levels, because i was stubborn, great lesson.
    I once lost 50k in Skrekk because i died very often, but because i was Stundorn the Stubborn again and wanted it to figure out. I didnt care that much für 50k xp although it took me an hour or so on the next day to get it back.
    But i really dont care, because it's just Pool. And in the very beginning, not understanding the system well it may hurts more, but since i know Pool is somewhat important i allways skill some skills, but organized it that most of the time my pool increases.
    And now after a year + 1 or 2 Month i have 1 Million Pool and believe me, the time i intentionally grinded xp is maybe 5% of my play time in total, what is about 1200 hrs in 14 Month.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yet you say you have read the thread... nobody asked for meaningless death (we discussed harsher penalties even), even if we come to that conclusion when we peel off the layers of logic behind many decisions that our devs made.

Having more or less time tax on death isn't going to make the game harder...

4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm talking with the team about any information we have to respond here. We will update you if we make any changes to the XP system, to which I know there is at least one change coming. In the meantime, the thread has gone on long enough and is starting to lose its focus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.