New article about SotA - objective and interesting, worth a read

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoneWerewolf, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

You are a fiddle player as you have done nothing productive towards the dev process here. You just state you are happy.. which is as productive as saying it sucks.
    Now you start attacking players for criticizing the game by making broad assumptions... I know where it goes. You have a rep for shutting down threads. Ill ignore you now ;)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Mykll likes this.
  2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Release? :D

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Agreed. A lot of mechanics implemented just need minor adjustments or superordinated systems making them more "meaningful". Mechanics like that also provide incentives towards roleplay, PVE and PVP - all playstyles benefit from it. I made a suggestion lately that could provide such a superordinate system : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ve-us-npc-guilds-factions.104208/#post-903920

Disgruntled likes this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

That is when all the official reviews from the media pour in and the game is finally judged ;)

Sir Cabirus and Mykll like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Now no where did I say that Jamet. I have my definite desires I still want to see fixed and added into this game and it includes every single system in the game. I am Majoria in game. Send me a whisper some time.

I believe all our systems are mostly unfinished and lacking. The most complete system in the game is housing and that will not hold the game together even tho once we get the existing systems fixed and enhanced it will be a big plus for some.

So for those who don't know me in game I play the game. My Warrior is 2 handed axe and I can be found adventuring a lot with Groups, boss kills, and with a special friend exploring and yes I do love the music in game to play sometimes and I can teach syncing to anyone. It's nice to have lots of variety in any game and we will have it. We just have to request what is still missing.

I want every system to get the love it deserves to be the best it can be and I also want several more systems added in as soon as possible; such as guild wars enhanced, some type of faction system for PvP, wanted posters, trade routes and caravans, treasure hunting, boating, sea monsters and sea and water life, mounts and ability to ride & tame them and I'd love to be able to have horse racing. I will keep requesting these things as should all of you for things you still want. Don't give up.

So don't assume you know me. Just because I have not lost faith in this game does not mean that I am satisfied with it all and i do not appreciate skimping and just thrown in things to try to appease us, and any half baked systems added to this game will not fly. I do not want us to settle for less but to go for it as much as we can with this game given budget, team size, engine and any other resources.

I love much of what I see coming in and i believe we'll see tons more. It is important for the success of this game.

And to devs please give us some ore. Sheesh. We use it faster than any amount in mines.

Disgruntled likes this.
  6. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

What are you even talking about? I've put in plenty of suggestions to the game, helped detail bugs I've found etc. I even tried to host my own player ran maze event, before finding out that I should have tested the housing mechanics as I had set things up wrong and only found out too late. It's unfair to say I haven't done anything but say 'I'm happy' lol.

And I'm not attacking anyone here. However I think the majority of people will agree that you and others have clearly jumped on me and cherry picked each of my points, heckling me to reply to semantics and opinions. Not that it bothers me, but I'll argue that this has happened because you categorized me as a fiddler before checking my resume of helping the development along as much as any player can, and that mindframe is what is truly counterproductive to my version of success.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Ohh. Launch. Gotcha. Not release, which I think happens monthly.

8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Keep doing what you are doing. You are respected for it and you do it in a kind way :) Most of us that still post here feel the same way about the game, else we wouldn't play it. But like I said this thread and the article was about people who tried to silence certain opinions, and how Portalarium handles the criticism their game faces and how it developed over time. I understand yours and others concern about having Shroud appear preferably in a positive light, but the as the author of the article expresses this needs more work, time and maybe a change in how the game focuses on housing/deco only. I am hopeful the current polling and the publisher behind Portalarium will push them into the right direction.

Mykll, Disgruntled and majoria70 like this.
  9. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sir Cabirus and Mykll like this.
  10. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

Gosh, I'm sorry, Majoria. Maybe I misunderstood. Didn't mean to put any words in your mouth.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

except you are in a thread about a negativ review...I suppose, didnt read it cause well I play the game and can be negativ/positive all on my own ;p

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Don't worry Jamet sorry I got a little snarky sounding. All is good. Perhaps I get over zealous rooting for this game sometines ;)You sound like a fantastic person. Also keep up the good work you do. :)

Proteus Tempest and Jamet like this.
  13. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

In terms of Ultima-storyline threads this is not really true. Thsoe threads are mostly bombarded by people who do NOT want time "wasted" on it, trolling and turning those threads into something completely different, getting them locked. This way the people who want a normal discussion about it are being silenced by proxy.

Jamet, Mykll, Sir Cabirus and 2 others like this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@LoneWerewolf the article ingored the fact that 4 years ago the development team told everyone that single player would be available at commercial release, and that all pre-releases would focus on having players test the multiplayer aspects primarily (since its harder to balance)

So far, they are approaching this exactly as they said they would from what i can see.

Just as an aside, theres a bunch of things about single player that are going to work alot differently from the game mechanics in multiplayer. the devs talked about those things over the past few years. And the storyline was a primary focus this past summer and they are still fleshign out all the little side quests and stuff every release. A thign that is essential for the release of single player

Sean Silverfoot and jammaplaya like this.
  15. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

except this is a thread about a negative article and not a review. But i suppose you didnt read that either

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Jamet and Mykll like this.
  17. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

You're gonna tell me that till it's being released right? They said themselves they only polish the main storyline from now on. Miracles CAN happen, let's all believe!

Mykll and Sir Cabirus like this.
  18. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

OMG, this reddit thread ... this one picture someone posted. It's too awesome not to post here, ( poor @Berek ) But you gotta admit, it's funny:

Attention!! funny picture, click only if you are able to take light hearted humor!!!:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
    Mykll and Sir Cabirus like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

isnt that a HUGE chunk of a single player RPG? the story? As far as i can recall, some major single player differences also include beign able to make money via crafting, Having companions with their own dialouges, reactions, backstories and probably quests (meaning single player will have MORE story than multiplayer if im not msitaken), The ability to clear out scenes to whatever end, and the ability to place objects openly in the world.

I know they have a single player offline build out now because they recently mentioned working on the single player economy changes

But 4 years ago they said that offline mode would not be part of the early releases. And they said it would be available at commercial launch. Thats the only reason i expect that is because its what they originally said and it just seems impatient to expect it before the time they said it would be delivered.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  20. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Nice try, but nope. :)

I also remember his comments, and they werent "oh, you can play offline too". He DID express that he would always rather people play online than offline so they could experience the evolving world... but that is quite a long ways from your statement of "nothing more than the ability to play when you don't have internet"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.