Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New deco loot reminds me of UO (and other little things)

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Dermott, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Specifically, the old T2A era UO bug with Ratmen. Ratmen often carried a candle as loot, just the normal npc provisioner candle... well if you double clicked it, sometimes it would change into a long stemmed candle and if you were REALLY lucky it would NOT be newbified and could be lit and placed in your house. They also gained plates of cookies which could either be decoration or the cookies eaten and the plate retained.

Yeah at some point such items will become "old", but for now it's a great, if minor, addition.

Also the little things I have noticed in the sound effects such as the huffing and puffing while running down the roads on the world map, or your avatar's various "Ewwwww!" noises while skinning an animal.

It's also the Patrol AI for my owl house pet in the front yard that gives him a bit of personality.

It's also noticing the consistencies in the weather between areas, or a dragon flying in the background that's actually in the next area over.

While it's good to have an epic adventure to work with, it's the small things that really make the game fun.

So feedback is thanks for these and keep remembering the little things as well as the big.

Elwyn, majoria70, Feeyo and 5 others like this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The constant "ewwww" kinda bugs me. If it goes away after a certain skill level, I won't miss it... at all.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Dermott. Thanks for the thread. It is really easy to not notice details but I so agree with you. They make such a difference. We are getting more and more of them. It was so amazing when syncing some songs with the largest group i had ever done that with and someone recorded our playing and I saw a bear dancing to our music on the video. I was like wow that is so amazing. I want you to show the world of gamers that shrouds had music too and while we don't have enough instruments yet like missing the horn it is still very awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.