Annoyed: Release 2 only to Adventurer and above despite reward listed in pioneer level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brad.Blackthorn, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad.Blackthorn

Brad.Blackthorn Avatar

I purchased the Pioneer pledge level which promised "... includes digital download of the game and exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access." The main thing I was looking forward to when I kick-started this project was the early alpha and beta access... now it looks like the backer reward promised is not going to be delivered unless more money is spent?

Please tell me I read something wrong and pioneer will have access to alpha and beta as promised when I backed this project.

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Release 2 is only available to backers starting at the $45 Adventurer Pledge Tier (and $25 Early Founder First Responders), so if you want to play and haven’t backed the game yet, then please make sure you have registered on our website and made your pledge.

dallasPost authorJANUARY 17, 2014 AT 7:01 PM

It’s really available to all backers at the First Responder level and above. New backers don’t have access to the Kickstarter First Responder level so they can only get in at the $45 Adventurer pledge level or higher. Could be reworded to make it a little clearer.

smack likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Argh....

Release 2 is only available to backers starting at the $45 Adventurer Pledge Tier (and $25 Early Founder First Responders), so if you want to play and haven’t backed the game yet, then please make sure you have registered on our website and made your pledge.

The key phrase being "starting at". So yes, at the Pioneer level ($33), which is higher than the First Responder levels, will get Early Access.

4. Kazin

Kazin Avatar

What about Second Responders?

5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

First Responder level and above.

Did you pay $25 or more? You're in.

6. Kazin

Kazin Avatar

Yeah, my mistake. I'm completely lost on how the tiers work at this point.

7. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Is release 2 available for download yet? (damn my DSL connection.....will take days I suspect)

8. smack

smack Avatar

Not yet. They'll likely release the R2 instructions and download early next week.

9. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Mingo, don't worry my DSL did not take too long for R1, I would guess no longer than an hour if this will be your 1st download of the game.

10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

You do have the game installed right? if not let me know ill get you a link to DL the game. Then if there is a patch on R2 day, you wont have to DL for days ;)

11. Brad.Blackthorn

Brad.Blackthorn Avatar

Thanks everyone! I was a first responder kickstarter backer at the $35 pledge so I am in! I am glad I misunderstood that :D

Lord Baldrith and Isaiah like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

hey if you like it you can still upgrade your pledge and get the early founder rewards for each tier too since you backed during kickstarter. It's a good incentive to help back the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.