Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars... for mounts in episode 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, I can rest easy knowing that I have done my part for King and Country.

Lace, Nikko, MetricPig and 1 other person like this.
  2. MetricPig

MetricPig Avatar

I suppose any additional landmass must play a part too, as the current one, and many scenes, can already be crossed fairly fast.
    A fast mount would help evade those sneaky bandits though! .... unless we will see overworld bandits on horseback too!

Lace, Nikko and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’d assume mounts would be similar in overland travel as drinking a potion of Wolf Speed. As in, you can zip all over the map, no matter what terrain.

Lord Trady of Blix, Lace and Nikko like this.
  4. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Make the Ornate Hitching Post Row home compatible and I will think about it.

Lace likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

*wink wink*

[​IMG]

Lace, Mishras, Arcanoxer and 2 others like this.
  6. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Sweet, i wonder why they wrote "(NOTE: You will need a Village sized Property or larger, or a Dynamic Player Owned Town, to place this item in-game.)" in the Ornate Hitching Post description.

Lace, Mishras and Barugon like this.
  7. Godra

Godra Avatar

Let me add my thoughts on this. Yes, the stretch goal system didn't go so well the first time around. But those goals were not only competing with each other, but was also competing with add-on store items, pledges, POT's. This time around, not so much and some of the Add-on store stuff will be placed in the stretch goal store. So it may actually work out. It is a bit better this time around than the first. I already purchased the items and I contributed to the mounts stretch goal the first time. With more items going into that goal for purchase, I think it will work out. Let's try to be positive and start on a good note for once. ;)

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Gonna need to know the advantage over the coconuts.. the laugh value is hard to overcome! Plus, I managed to get those Nightmare coconuts.. so.... we need a nightmare horse if this goal is to be reached!

Sentinel2, Spoon, Lace and 5 others like this.
  9. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Whoever instantly put that 30k into funding should get a horse tomorrow

Damn

Mishras likes this.
  10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

As mentioned before. The 30k is a combined funding from episode 1 and now 2. The stretch goals should hopefully have more legs/be more persistent than last time. They got pulled a good while before pledge expirations during pre-release. That being said, the stretch goal gained about 6k tonight.

Nikko likes this.
  11. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I get the need to create a stretch goal to fund the game further, but it would be a damn fine gift to the game and it's player base (and likely make it more attractive to future players) if we just woke up one morning to see that mounts were a thing in the game (I also get how the tech for two is completely different).

Kind of like how we woke up this morning to find that the game was going to have a reward/subscription service. I think they could, over the long haul, make more money selling actual mounts and introducing varied tameable mounts than from a stretch goal.

Spoon, 3devious and Nietzsche like this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Didn't they just give a large gift in terms of a retroactive row lot ? Will players *ever* be satisfied ? lol

Kain Darkmoor, Lace, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Starr said they plan to add other items to the stretch rewards.

I think Starr also said that 20K of that was carried over from the E1 stretch goal.

Also, E2 is quite a way away. The are now at the stage where they have hammered out an outline. My guess is that while they have said they want mounts for E2, this would put them on the fast track.

I'm going to guess that they expect that when mounts are implemented, "hitching" them would require the mounts to stand completely inside the property line. There's not much room in front of a row house.

14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

If they add 1000 dollars Dragon Mounts they can complete the stretch goal faster .

15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Where did you see that they *give* anything to us ? Did you already forget that we heavily helped to fund this game ? They made the free taxed row lot available as a quest reward because, as they said this themselves, they thought it was a good idea for the game (and yes, I think that it's a good idea for the game, but definitely not enough). And the complete story is... they also did it because they felt like it could bring more audience or, in other terms, more people who will spend money on the game.
    That's such a gift... :rolleyes:

Oh and take note that your money will be spent even if the stretch goal is not reached in a *near* future.

MAYBE instead of begging for more money constantly, they could begin with fixing what has to be fixed in the game so that people who are disgruntled with it come back to it ? Trying to get an healthy economical model sounds like a better idea in my mind, personaly.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  16. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

How do they plan to use mounts with the current landscape? Can we use them on just the overland? Will we be able to run past the encounters?

Stundorn likes this.
  17. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

An excellent question. I sense they wouldn't feel very coherent in the current game world/the way the instances are set-up.

Stundorn, Bigg and Mishras like this.
  18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

An horse running is about 30~37 mph. That's already more than what the system can handle in the game, according to Chris' words (when he nerfed speed bonus).

Source (as an explanation for cutting the combat move speed by half) : The faster players are moving the equivalent of 35 MPH. It breaks the game for those with significant ping times

Good luck with this stretch goal. It sounds like another bad idea when your game appear to have fundamental flaws that need to be fixed before anything else.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  19. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Mounts are sort of weird in LotRO. I remember thinking it was odd that your horse just magically appeared under you whenever you wanted it. Even though it was such a way, I still liked it a lot in that game. If it can work in that game, I feel like it can work very easily in SotA as well.

I also feel like the goal is possible to meet if they keep it up, and available to contribute to for a very long time. I know that I'll probably contribute to it soon. I think I did back in '14 too.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  20. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Oh hell no... you people thought you were getting healthy, speedy mounts in their prime? Hahahaha... no. You're getting old Betsy... she's been the old gentle training horse for over 12 years. Her slow cloppity gait is as fast as it gets... forget about it if you decide to load up her saddle bags.

Boris Mondragon, Elwyn and 3devious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.