1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Basements - sneak peak

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Vas Corp Por, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Won't happen.
    If you have seen something arround 15 or 20 dungeons you have seen all.

Same as with currently pretty much all POTs.
    No if you have seen 10+ you have seen all and you will only bookmark 3 or 4 POTs that are really worth visiting from time to time again.

IMO some serious DEV time is wasted here currently.
    What we will get instead in the end is AGAIN an half-baked system not really finished and polished.

nonaware likes this.
  2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

yeah I could see this happening pretty easily. the devs will have to release new room blue prints release after release and make them pretty rare for there to be a lot of variety in them and make it worth going to different dungs.

GrayFog likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yep my concern too. I played everquest 2 and that dungeon creater system was that way. It was not created with enough options to individualize or create a space players want to keep going to.

I have a concern about every single player having one but we shall see. But it's really off topic to keep going over this.

While I have concerns I still do believe with players providing lots of feedback we can make it interesting and special to this game. Well heres hoping.

I also want focus to keep working on our current systems that still need upgrades at the same time. These need to get upgraded also to be rich in details deserving of this game.

Edited

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. Joeziggy

Joeziggy Avatar

Beautiful, amazing work! Thank you!

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  5. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

All depends on how much customization of NPCs via scripting or even just text you can achieve. This has been mentioned by devs.
    Of course you're going to see the same assets over and over again, like any game. But if you can write and tell a story as a dungeon creator, well, that's where player content could potentially excel.

....well, as long as the players dont have every NPC in their dungeon exclaiming "willy-bum-bum!" over and over again. :)

Witcheypoo and Spoon like this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

A thought.

Perhaps create an entrance with flowing lava or a torture chamber?

Personally I'm thinking of starting with something more serene. But that's me :D

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup. Like Boating and Fishing!

You knew I had to say that ;-)

majoria70 likes this.
  8. NamelessOne

NamelessOne Avatar

It would be cool to have a plain door or hatch style entrance and can be placed inside your basement. A heavy door in your basement that leads to a dungeon.

Bergelmer and Witcheypoo like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I really want a heavy door I can place in my house to get to my basement too. Put it on the wall in the hidden room under the stairs of my Knight Marshal keep. I don't care for the hatch entrances. Maybe now that we have patterns for these... crafted door patterns?! Please!

Bergelmer and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Talewin

Talewin Avatar

I'm wondering if maybe players should be able to list their dungeons on a Town crier after its complete. so people can easily see which ones are worth going to. From a RP stand point it would be like a gossip or rumors.

Also do all dungeons have to be traditional. Can we maybe get above ground stuff. like old ruins or cross road or elvin glades ect...

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  11. Erastus

Erastus Avatar

I just want Mongbats...

Witcheypoo and Verit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.