Very stupid question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Nevyn Waldail, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

How do I pay to play? is it the subscription for the monthly bonus thing?

Lesni and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You can get a free trial and after that you can buy it ;)

3. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

There is a monthly livestream event that gives rewards if you make a purchase during the event. If you spend $5 during that event you qualify for all the stretch goals earned that month. If you would prefer you can opt into a monthly subscription program that gives some set items from the add-on store and also qualifies you for the monthly stretch goal rewards. You can find the opt-in rewards program on this page.

4. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

So the 9 dollars a month is the subscription that will give me full access to the game? I know I'm being really stupid here but its not entirely clear:)

5. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

The game doesn't have a monthly fee to play. You can play the free trial for ever without paying. It does have limitations listed on the website Paladin Micheal linked. If you want the full game Paladin Michael also linked to the page for that purchase. The opt-in monthly program I linked to is just a program to get some extras.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Right I think I've paid:)

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

This game is buy to play once you've bought the first episode then you can play all areas you like for as long as you like. The $9 sub gives you cotos each month which are game currency. These can be used to fully repair items, pay taxes on taxed lot deeds, and purchase add on items from Coto vendors in game.

The $9 sub also gives you any monthly livestream stretch goal items automatically. Episode 2 when available is another cost but you should get access to most content anyway. Since this is a fully crowd funded game every contribution is helping to further develop the game. Welcome to the game.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s also important to know the subscription is optional. You do NOT have to do that.

But doing so, helps with the development of the game. :)

9. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Thanks all, will probably take the subscription as well, enjoying it so far.

10. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Cool :) I came back after abit of a break, the subscription fee is a very nice deal. Plus if you decide not to sub later on you can have just as much fun as you did before unlike quite a few other games where they turn you into a complete gimp.

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The 9 dollars is for people who got tired of trying to keep track of the monthly live streams, as it qualifies for the $5 during the specific hours around the stream to get that month's rewards.

The only thing you "need" to play the game without the free trial restrictions is a single "buy to play" of the game itself. I think you can even buy $5 of stuff to get the monthly rewards while still in free trial if you want, but that would be silly. Qualifying for rewards by buying the game during those hours is not silly.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome! Glad you're having fun!

13. ng_dominic

ng_dominic Avatar

For the SotA reward program, if i make subscribe today, do i receive the rewards once i subscribed? For example, the 9 Gold Coin and the Obsidian Potions.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes you do. You'll get all future livestream rewards as well as the cotos and potions and then loyalty rewards later such as at 6 months or whatever dates they announce to count.

15. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Nevyn Waldail To verify that you have paid for the basic game go to shroudoftheavatar.com and log in. Look in the upper right corner of the main page and find "account". Click the account link to see everything you have purchased on that login id.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Why o why aren't we able to answer a simple question :rolleyes:

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also how do you pay to play? Did you start as a free trial? I started so long ago. I bought a pledge from the home page/kickstarter page and logged in when game was developed to a point the devs gave us access to log in. I paid by debit card monthly until I had the pledge tier I wanted. They don't have that option anymore to pay in payments but I wish they would get it again;). I don't play on Steam. I hope all is well and you have it figured out now.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  18. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You dont need to pay anything more than the 30 something dollars to buy the game here after that you dont ever have to pay unless you want EP2 access. However, the subscription type thing is for bonus stuff..

19. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

This is the only response you need to read - every other payment for the game is optional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.