Ugly women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fumblefingers, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Ok, first off yes i know theis is pre beta. but after looking at what unity had for character devel. have to wonder how we got such butt ugly avatars .
    If its a big deal , here's thought, put it in the SotA game store. its only 15.00 to buy from unity store, for a beautiful woman , heck i would buy the up grade rather then have a gumby with hair

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I support this...I wonder if there is a reason they didn't work with the already good looking avatar models...

3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Dunno, the female models weren't bad, though yes, still an Alpha version even.

I like the fact they actually have functional armor and styling for women, versus basically chain mail bikinis.

4. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

In what way is it functional, at this point it could be nothing more the just really ugly looking clothes. says 0 of 0 armor class. In till they have , fat, short, frumpy, looking females, i want to be able to whack you 4 times while your checking me out, thank you very much.

sheetrock1 and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

6. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

:D:p:)
    Thanks Grace...I'm on the floor!

7. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Now that's what i'm talking about

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it's a good idea to get this out there. I loved my character look in Aion, and Tera, while SOTA characters don't have to look just like that **crosses fingers that they look much, much, much better at game start.** I do find that for me personally, Character look and feel is up there on my list. Not everything of course, I want a fun combat system too and all the other stuff of course, but if it all boils down to it, why not have decent looking characters.? You get to play the role of being gorgeous, strong and everything you would really like to be in RL too. After all it is called ROLL PLAYING. So what roll would you want to play? ;)

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

This is also the reason guys like to be girls to get more help from everyone because a beautiful girl character does get alot of attention :)

10. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

At this point i can only think i want to look as if i'm wearing my big brothers hand me downs. and couldn't get a date if i owned a butchers shop. [NOT] I don't think in this day and age of mmo games, i have seen even cartoon avatars, that look so bad for females.

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally, I play a female character in third-person games simply because the character is always front-and-center on the screen, so I might as well have something interesting to watch.

The higher-end leather garb actually looked very pleasing to the eye on the character I was playing in R2. I did find the other armor sets less appealing, hopefully they will be improved upon in the future.

However, the character faces definitely require some significant work. :)

Mishri and Lord Baldrith like this.
  12. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I generally play male characters, only the occasional female (Like in AION)...Yes you have to look at your character and want them to be good looking or at least representative of what kind of character you are playing. My mage for instance needs to be a old man with long hair and a long beard. On my second account, I may make some young fighter type guy, or a cute female (hopefully) that shoots a bow and does some healing... The clothing is important too...I loved the armor I've seen so far...I think they are going in the right direction in that aspect for sure!

13. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

Man, I would hate to be the person in charge of making female avatars, they can never win.

If you don't make them all BrickWallFraus in male armour, then the PC Goons come out and call you sexist. If you do this though, 99% of people don't want to play a female avatar.

14. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

15. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

I love the show above ^^^^^
    I also agree with the OP. We cant have varying body sizes so can we please have various degrees of beauty.

I would also like to see decent character psychics so we don't have the stiff board type Barbie and Ken dolls

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

17. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

"perfection" is boring, I liked the big nose on the female avatar, we should have dirt, scar and grime options, I want my character to feel like it's lived in medieval times. Not be a Disney version of events.

Saosis, Tarsilion, Caliya and 6 others like this.
  18. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

Jez, I'm not even a woman and the way this was phrased even offends me. There was a decent way to raise this and a bogan way to raise this issue, fumblefingers fumbled that one.

Tarsilion, rild, blaquerogue and 8 others like this.
  19. DeadPixel

DeadPixel Avatar

Haha, I noticed how odd the Avatar models looked too; but I was more interested in running around and experimenting with the new mechanics. One of the problems is that everyone has a different opinion of how models should look. I'm in the Alpha for another game (wont list it to avoid 'cross advertising'), and personally - I absolutely love the character models they are using. These are just generic examples. But I think the models look great and they are not scantily clad for the sake of being sexy. I'm an eye candy kind of gamer. I like things to look appealing in the games that I play. Either that or have a unique art style that works really well. It's probably because I do a lot of drawing in my spare time (when I'm not daydreaming about SotA of course).

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Oh, those are very nice. I agree. :)

fumblefingers and sheetrock1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.