Ugly women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fumblefingers, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

And we want criticism, we just need it to be constructive and actionable and to understand that while we're make the game for you, that is the collective you and not you personally!! My guess if you really want bigger boobs, you're probably going to be waiting till we let you swap in your own art. Also, while I think we need a bit more work on our skin shader, that model is just all specular and diffuse and would look like crap in any game. Shiny sucks from all angles and just looks like plastic. In other words, I think that is a great model if we were looking to a crafting model for a plastic sex doll but I suspect our actual female players mostly would prefer something like these:

[​IMG]

BUT we still have work to do but we'll probably get to it in R5 or later since we have a TON on our plate for R3-R4.

If any of those not happy with our models can give feedback, please please please post it with details! Such and such looks better doesn't help but "I think the characters would look better with a more smooth hairline and I think the torso is a tiny bit large for the legs and her hips seem a bit low" is a valid criticism that I've given. So keep it coming, we want the feedback, we just need more specifics!

Caliya, Tarsilion, Dame Lori and 14 others like this.
  2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

:rolleyes:

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I disagree with what you are saying. This is our game. We have been told repeatedly to voice our thoughts and ideas. This is fun. Enjoy yourself a little. Maybe look at what's possible instead of what just is. Our developers need to and want to know what we think and when presented in a constructive manner we can discuss it and create the wonderful game we want. No one is dissing our developers, we love them.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I think those models look good.

5. pinzasso

pinzasso Avatar

I don't see any issues with the female avatar model.
    I think people also need to keep in mind that the other 2 faces for the female avatar in R2 were just quick dirty tests of what they could accomplish with their current setup.

6. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

And yes faces will get better as we do more. We did a few to prove the system and tech work and to catch the major issues. Oh, and it did catch some big stuff like nasty seams that opened up when using the low quality setting that only used two bone blends! Again, these will totally improve over time.

7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The arms/shoulders are held too far back to look 'natural' - it's a real pose, yes, but not a comfortable or relaxed one. You wouldn't be positioned like that just 'standing around'. Think of the difference between standing at 'attention' or 'at ease' (at least in military movies, no idea if it's really like that ;) )

Overall WAY too shiny, especially the hair! (These screenshots look a bit better, don't know if they've been tweaked or it has to do with localized light settings.) The hair in general needs more texture, it looks extremely plastic, especially next to nicely textured clothing etc.

Saosis, Tarsilion and Akeashar like this.
  8. monxter

monxter Avatar

Hear, hear.
    They look very good. That wear & tear seen on the plate armor is awesome. +1

Caliya likes this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

For the most part, I think the current female avatar models are OK. Hair and skin textures really do need some work to make them look realistic and the arms seem to be too thin.

Jambo likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

mhoward48 likes this.
  11. redfish

redfish Avatar

I hope so. This goes for both the male and female models.. the first faces for each sex looked like regular, attractive faces, and the added faces just looked like more homely versions of the first faces. :>

mhoward48 likes this.
  12. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

blah blah.. bigger boobs... blah blah.. sex doll.. blah blah.

*has another drink*

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Isn't it largely about the stance of the legs? You'd expect someone standing at ease to stagger their feet a bit. She looks like she's ready to pounce.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

He's gorgeous. I pick him lol.

Heidi de KGB likes this.
  15. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

To any and all of you that don't like this over the tom boy we have for our avatar,I'm at a total lost for words. I would say maybe you should leave the bar a few hrs. earlier. I'm not saying need this body to look like this, but my God look at the hair and face.

16. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Dang you couldn't kill him, way to cute lol.

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think the face and hair are a bit plastic looking, just like her body. Nose is a bit long, chin is a bit long, eyes are a bit large. Not saying there is nothing pretty about the features, but there are more realistic models out there if you're looking for a pretty face.

18. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I came in this thread to do something *eyes drift up* but for the life of me... *eyes drift up again*

I... I forgot why I....

19. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Ok Chris, first one to the left, is best of the 3. but giver her some hips, fix that hair, and a bit of a boob lift. No bouncing thou. Or put in more face choices opts. [eyes. ears, nose, lips, cheeks,chin,and hair that look like hair] i'll create my own, i do know what i like to look like.

20. Squire

Squire Avatar

I don't want bigger boobs...in fact I want smaller boobs!! :p

Although the breast cavities on the harness is better than most boob plate I've seen...at least this ladies' cuirass is actually believable.

The elbow guard should also attach to the upper arm guards, not just the vambraces. The pauldrons should have a little leather knot on top to show where it ties to the jack. They should also rest on the cuirass, not float above it.

The leather should look more like a doublet or a jerkin, and less like a corset. Also, lose the pauldrons, and the metal bits. A doublet or jerkin that covers the entire upper body is what I expect leather armour to be like.

The mail shirt should be longer to protect the groin - at least mid-thigh length, if it's going to be worn with split-leg hose.

(this post is brought to you by your resident medievalist, re-enactor and nit-picker! ;) )

Saosis and Maka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.