1 Instanced House Per Account

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Mutilator, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

Pay to win as a crafter cause you have the real life money to pay for a house is not good for this or any other game. A crafter with only bank access will be in a disadvantage as i see it. Alot of space and crafting stations will boost crafters with houses.

Getting that kind of advantage towards the homeless crafters is just not acceptable. It's a game that favor players that can afford to buy a house.

2. Godra

Godra Avatar

Do you have friends that are going to play the game online and they have a house? Maybe you could use it, or maybe a Guild that will give it's members a place to stay and the ability to store items. There is still much for all of us to learn about housing and storage space. If you can not afford to purchase a lot deed or upgrade to a Citizens tier, then look for one of these other options. I hope it works out for you and many others who do not have housing.

Lord Baldrith and fumblefingers like this.
  3. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Your right on one side of the fence, ill agree. but on the other, what would be the point of someone buying a house if it had no advantages. If i do get a house,nothing is sure at this point . Ill set my things as public if possible. As i'm not really crazy about crafting at this point.
    Real life is the same, it favors those that have, over them that do not . I'm not rich by any means ,but to say the guy next door that has a bit more then me is just not acceptable . Is just foolish .

Lord Baldrith, majoria70 and Godra71 like this.
  4. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Not sure you realize the vast majority of the people that are flocking to this game, are old yesterday UO players. Although i do support the idea of multiple Inns with room for rent.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Nah, I din't realize it. I wouldn't be one of those people, nor my husband. I only played UO for 10 years and imagined I saw the nightmare landrush. I imagined that homeless people in that game complained that lag cheated them out of placing their plots, all of which were gone in a matter of hours after they doubled land when they created Trammel. And I imagined I saw the Ebay sales for years because people were hoarding and buying houses, camping house decay sites for hours to try to be the first to get another house placed. Then the poor fools got hundreds of real life dollars. No, actually I never saw any of that. I'm just making it up as I go. Just cause.

We all know that SotA is going to be at least as large a landmass....no, behold, more......than UO's 20+ shards with doubled land - all combined in one huge world. And it will easily accommodate more than half the player base to buy houses in-game because the sky is the limit and developers will just keep adding land mass on those unlimited dollars that are pouring in. It will be the largest land mass in MMO history, on about only 10% (really, far less than that right now) as development costs of Skyrim.

It will be glorious. Really.

Mutilator likes this.
  6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I know, right? I mean, imagine wanting dramatically more storage space for things like crafting, weapons and armor. No one else will want that kind of advantage except a very select few. Honest.

7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I hope we never see instanced housing, the basement instancing is bad enough.

Brenton, Seon and * Envy / Midian * like this.
  8. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Pitiful, I tell ya. ;)

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I played UO, it had plenty of problems.

One of the reasons I disliked it was the way housing was handled. I spent time earning money to buy a lot, and once I had the money the only option I could find was to place it an inch away from other houses in a completely remote area of the world, where PKs lurked and where I couldn't even have the door facing the road, and where all the other houses around me had vendors standing on roof tops advertising wares, and then, once I secured the lot, I would be forced to make sure it didn't decay. I then realized the high price of actually completing the house I wanted, and decided it wasn't worth it.

Now, this would be fine if housing was all about saying you were l33t because you owned a home. But it killed role-playing.

fumblefingers likes this.
  10. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

We only camped and patrolled decaying houses for the loot and to engage in a guild war and PvP with the other "House Sitting" guild.
    Those were glorious times, and they will never happen again...the future is bleak, almost not worth being there for...:(

Caliya and fumblefingers like this.
  11. Mutilator

Mutilator Avatar

Just want to point out this whole roleplaying point is pretty void when you consider the game is not a true mmo, its more of a "mo?" there will be a limit to the amount of people in your instance, so there will be 10's of thousands of houses where you will never see the owner, not to mention that the entire game is instanced.
    Also guilds sharing houses is only marginally useful considering that anyone with the sharing privilege will be able to take anything and not be accountable for it. Sharing houses is cool, but first have a friend who's lucky enough to even have a house.
    The number of people that would venture out into the player home area will not be effected either.

A personal small instance house at a static location wont provide detriment to anyone realistically. And if you want to make it roleplay friendly, add it to the end of a quest line or something. Buying a plot and house from payTOwin isn't exactly lore friendly either.

BillRoy [ab] likes this.
  12. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

To me instanced housing is just another word for bank. The whole purpose is to store your stuff.

13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Fortunately they have stated that you can buy additional bank storage with in game currency...I'm hoping banks will have a lot of storage for people who don't have a home. I also hope that they will create additional ways to have a place to stay. Renting from others/campsites/wagons/boats etc...those Ideas that are floating around are great! I know it's probably too much to hope for in Ep1, but back in the days of UO I made some good friends before I got my house and they gave me a few chests in their house. I'm sure something like that is possible for anyone who isn't too antisocial :)

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I would hope that some sort of room rent agreement would be an "in-game mechanism in personal room rent agreements... but I also like the idea of NPC Inns offering the same in a room rental agreement.
    But I do agree to one house per account/one chr per account.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

15. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

Welcome from a 10 plus year UO player myself.
    I do agree with you on most of what your saying if not all. But i have no insight on what SotA has in mind. I'm hoping for a land mass the size of Vanguard.
    I also think this land mass is going to be very small for some time to come,so if they did have anything even near the housing UO had just in feluccia, no one could even get out of town. As i have stated before, i too think we need Inns with room for rent, not that would help you with the crafting. But i would really hate to see the nonstop housing UO had .

16. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

I agree.

majoria70 and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

When the game design is such that houses are a limited item, giving out free ones to everyone (instanced or not) is not a solution. Then you might as well start asking for max skills given out for free as well, among other things.

18. Curt

Curt Avatar

hmm a basement with rooms you could 'rent out' that had 'cell doors'

Lord Baldrith and NRaas like this.
  19. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Housing is not instanced. It is persistent. You may never see the owner, because players will be in their own instance. But houses are static. There will be a set number.

20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I wouldn't like that either. But I do think there are other ways to handle that situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.