Happy first launch anniversary! share your best ingame moment.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rada Torment, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Good day avatars,

Although some of us have been here for a long time , I want you to share today what has been your best/favourite ingame moments in the last twelve months, exactly one year after our official launch.

For me my favourite memories comes from last year when Cerus (Travian team) started a few amazing live events ingame (the dragons invasions and Obsidians event). Those live events is what I always miss from old MMOs, it's something I think modern games have lost with time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Vero

Vero Avatar

Grats and /toast Port!

Few of my favorite moments where:

Offline: Meeting a few sota players in Holland! (mini sota-con Hollandia :p) Players which i have been playing with for years and now finally met! <3

Online:
    Getting that damn black dragon head :p
    Doing the player made quest(s) made by Scoffer & Shimi!

V

3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Time flies when you are having fun! Congrats on the 1 year birthday of "Official Release".

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Has it been a year already? Surprised Port didn't do an event. It would have been a good excuse.

I think my best moment was finally soloing a Cabalist (and the only time I have, so far).

5. oplek

oplek Avatar

A quick/easy thing they could do is have a 10x experience day.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Please no....

Elwyn, Vaiden Luro, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  7. oplek

oplek Avatar

My suggestions have been getting that response a lot lately.

Cordelayne and Boris Mondragon like this.
  8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Just this one from me, as it would mean that for a day, the UT'ers would only have to play for 3 minutes of every hour :p

Elwyn and Boris Mondragon like this.
  9. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

10. Katu

Katu Avatar

Twitter, main site, forums, facebook. No mention about this. If they don't care about the game, why they think any outsider would?
    No events, no special stuff, just an other day at office remotely from home
    What a wasted opportunity for marketing.

GOOD JOB!

My best moment was maybe when I got the first GM (polearms)

(Happy B-day)

EDITS: typos, content

11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

While that Battle of Aerie back in October 2018 and its build up was epic I think the Battle of New Heaven and Dragomir were more special.

These two battles are more memorable because we the players created the story that led to it and @Antrax Artek as well as @CatherineRose put so much effort into making them a success. Many players believed it could be done and participated as well as contributed with their writing, their resources and most importantly their time. It also laid the foundation for future ones to come.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

12. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

The big dragon hunt event was awesome and I had a lot of fun. Sure hope they do something like that again.

But I also have really fond memories of my first dance party - Hannah Alpenglow’s party for the AERIE fundraiser for clean water. Good times!

13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Would be a good time for veteran rewards!

Launch was one year ago, today. March 27, 2018.
    Kickstarter was six years ago. March 8 - April 7, 2013.

First vet reward should be a scroll that teleports you to the Chicken Room.

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The first time I was finally able to get past all those spiders, setting up that epic battle with the queen.

[​IMG]

15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Happy Anniversary to everyone in the SOTA family :)

Coming face-to-face with Sequanna - that was role-play magic for me and one of the most emotional experiences I've had playing the game. <3

Lady Addy, Cordelayne, Mhtic and 5 others like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Happy release Anniversary fellow Avatars and to our awesome developers who are really taking this game to the next level with some of the game changing fixes and additions. I know some were scary to do but in the long run for the type of game it has become those barriers needed to be taken down.

Such as ability to get deeds from quests and next to skip the main quests and to choose to just become a homeowner. Very few players want to live on someone else's property. They truly want their very own space in the game. For those who do not care to have property right now of course I and others will offer rooms to make it so you don't have to live out of your bank. Please no need to do that. So many conveniences are offered for everyone having a room too.

Some of my favorite moments were exploring new content with my friend @Luca Xante. Times such as the time we first tried out some of the new tech of log rides, geysers, elevators, and mine carts. That was so awesome to see the game finally get some new tech. Tech they say moves the character to prepare for mounts and boating. It was an exciting day to get that ability. It gave me hope at a time when I was starting to not have it.

Getting popular systems in the game imo is what is going to change the status of this game. We we do need to keep those coming. Things such as treasure hunting, boating, and mounts. Of course we need to make sure the systems we have get the attention to detail and love that they all need so they are not just lacking and some become grind fests like fishing is atm. Getting trophies is one thing but when we have them all we will lose interest and contests are great but overall we still need a bit more detail. Foods need to be looked at to be more interesting, well and cooking too only has one skill. All our systems need some depth and of course and dailies for all of them along with that achievement system I nag about every chance I get. ;)

Some very exciting things to me were some of what I've listed below:

-When we got the ability to make sheet music and the surprise I got from finding out that we could also sync songs off of them

-When We got sparkle dyes and especially when later we got the ability to dye furniture

-When we got teleport to zone that allows players to see what is in each zone when they hold control key while mousing over a location that they have gotten marked from visiting it. To note: locations don't show up even if you have visited them before the tp to zone scrolls came in. You get to re-visit to mark those scrolls with the location. Not quite like marking with runes but really an awesome thing for this game. I do say you have got to get it marked before they show up on your scroll and the recipe is teachable too ;)

-Latest and greatest that I love is deco limits doubled in pots and larger lots using less of the current land limit.. I would love to vote for town size lots to be included in the sizes that got affected. Those are huge.

And one of my most favorite days and a thank you to @Minerva for setting it up. I loved having a group of 8 for a jam session since there are so many songs that need 8 players to play the songs for them to sound good. Here is the video of course Majoria is the lady in red and Minerva is on the Piano. I think @Alpha Fishtick is on the accordion who also recorded the song for us. Sorry I am missing who all played with us but I believe Duke Ezekiel was also playing. Thanks to all who participated. I just loved that time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250106746

Click on the link to watch us play :)

edited typos and etc. oops corrected to lot limits were doubled in pots. Also other clarifications ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Getting to build Hometown the first time.

Getting to building Hometown the second time.

Not having to build Hometown after Persistence.

Getting the choppable maple and pine tree.

Having an Addy to share the gaming with.

(Not in any particular order of happy moments)

18. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

+100

Yes...decorating the first Hometown was so effing cool. @Lady Addy ain't too shabby either :p

:::A gift for Addy:::

[​IMG]

19. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

[​IMG]

The gathering of avatars on the Novia map counting down imminent launch.

Minutes before RELEASE 52, Tuesday March 27, 2018.

Elwyn, majoria70, Lady Addy and 6 others like this.
  20. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

For me, all my favorite events were about in-game RP plots. Most memorable Elgarion's absolutely amazing plot about the undead betrayer of Kahli who had been entombed in the ruins of the White Cabal. Months of enjoyable RP that culminated in a sadly much too short PvP battle of those wanting to prevent Kala Sharee's escape from his tomb against those that willingly or under mind-cotrol fought to free the fiend. Evil won, but that will give us enjoyable RP in the future I am sure. Then of course numerous tavern events, small and large rituals I performed, the storyline about a posessed friend (thanks, Fei!), Helvig's engagement to Olthadir, bath house debauchery, and the sometimes complicated relationships between characters.

majoria70, Fei Akhart, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.