(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I dally with it ;).

I bow down to you, pvp master... who are you again? I need you to show me the ways of the Jedi so me no nooby anymore. I think it might have been you that Chris mentioned on a steam once :D! @Mac2, @Antrax Artek, @Dhanas, and myself are obviously a bit nooby and still trying to pick this game up so if we say something is OP but that opinion is counted by L80 troll (not you; another L80 troll), take our opinions with a grain of salt and maybe listen to them instead.

Lesni, Cordelayne, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

You're cute. Adorable, really. Laughed quite a bit at this so thanks for that. You'll be my entertainment while I'm at work today.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Lesni, Cordelayne, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just stay in the Outskirts where you belong, then. ;)

Cordelayne, amarious, Mac2 and 4 others like this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Lol Cora :D

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

You are talking about PVP, which , sad as it may be , is a tiny part of this game. There are what about 40 players who actively PVP? That is if the leader board is to be believed. How about instead of nerfing archery again, you just make players more resistant to player based archery attacks? would that be a good fix?

liz_the_wiz and Montaigne like this.
  6. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Who has 16 Xen Penetrators?

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

In a month or less you will probably find someone who has a legendary one

Jaesun, Barugon and Mac2 like this.
  8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Nobody in their right mind would farm for the components to make a Legendary Xen bow. The only stat to increase is attack speed. And there's a GOOD chance that it might increase to only 15% attack speed for the Legendary. Zero thought was given to the rarity of the items, much less the need to drop 16 Spider Belts AND 16 Spider Leg Staves to make a supremely mediocre Bow. I personally have been involved with about 40-ish Spider Queen kills in the last two weeks and the only drops we achieved were one belt and one staff.

I would think the problem here is that Damage Avoidance isn't doing a very good job of creating a reasonable amount of Glancing Blows in PVP. In Sara's case, 111 Damage Avoid should outclass almost any archer. Damage Resistance should preclude 2-hit-kill scenarios.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In fact if you do, you would need to nerf Healing in a PvP environment too, or else it would simply bring us back to the very old days where players could simply out heal any damage they would take.

I feel like right now we have hit the two extremes of PvP damage, too low, and now too high. One shotting is not good, unless it is in a Veteran vs New player situation, and I mean fresh off tutorial Island new.

Damage against a player should not exceed 350-400 on a very high crit, otherwise it is stupid.

Right now, a dream that is so not realistic would be to work on combat in a PvP perspective, making sure player damage and heals makes sense in that environment and then bring all the PvE down to that level, only then will you have a healthy PvP+PvP environment.

Sara Dreygon and Dhanas like this.
  10. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

One of the problems with these arguments is the fact that no one is ever comparing apples to apples. Archers in general aren't overpowered, but high end characters do well because they have put in the time to raise their skills to higher levels and to develop the techniques to be successful, AND have developed the complementing skills to high levels as well and know how to use them together.

Put more time into your character build and learn how to play your class against other classes, you can't expect to have one build/playstyle that makes you the best in all situations. This game doesn't work that way.

If you want higher physical crits, use beserkers, armor weak points, backstab, hit from behind when possible, use crit damage increase on your weapon, get high end gear with all the right materials and rolls for crit damage and damgage increase, get your dex and str over 250 each at a minimum, the tools are there, you just have to use them correctly.

Most people complaining about archers really have very little knowledge of what they speak and are not making fair comparisons. There's no one stopping you from using air shield, beserkers, charged attacks, having 600 stat points, using dodge and light armor etc.

As an archer, i've fought plenty of melee that give me plenty of trouble, obviously sara, what you are doing isn't working at it's optimum. It can be done, and is being done, let me know if you want some advice.

11. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Not meaning to criticise your advice at all @Mac2 Just adding my 2 cents to this discussion

BUT... Geez... I just want to play my Avatar & have FUN!

I am a Casual Player these days & I don't want to constantly analyse my Specs, my armour combos & all of my skill choices constantly,
    or grind XP everytime I log in, like I have to have some sort of degree in playing MY Avatar to enjoy my time in this realm.

It saddens me that Shroud has continued to evolve into such a Technical Learning Curve to keep up with the full-on Big Kids.
    In the end, it will only be viable for the "Best" to play this game. :( Because "they" will keep asking for more.

Sheesh.... I personally don't want or need to be the BEST.
    But the way this game is developing these days....
    It seems it is all about builds, specs & grinding XP to get "there".
    & the Team, feel they have to keep putting roadblocks for the rest of us easy going players & harder content for those who have the time & inclination to constantly grind XP to improve their skills.

No wonder UT became to "Holy Grail" for grinding XP, to level up & enjoy playing this game.... :(

It really IS time to put a skill cap in the game, especially since 2 mill attenuation is in.

The top players keep grinding & moving forward & asking for new content....
    There has to be a lid on this somewhere.
    For now, let the grinders continue to mold Shroud into the elitist single player game....
    If Shroud is to "go the distance & survive", Shroud needs to stop being a Solo/Elitist Game...
    I hope you guys will remember to switch the lights off when the server shuts down....

Without a multitude of players, paying the Bills of the Developers, there will be no Shroud.

Vodalian, Gorthyn, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  12. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Everything would be easier if they use 2 different ruleset for PVP and PVE, and allow skill to behave different if used vs a player or vs a mob, most of other games around do it.

13. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

Does Antrax not win the EVL tournament almost every time that he enters? Hasn't he primarily always been melee? How does that happen?

14. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

And Dhanas wins plenty against archers as well. I'd say it has a whole lot more to do with individual skill and choices than the fact that archery is overpowered. Ever 1v1 against Dhanas, or Para, or Antrax, as an archer? I have, 40/60 at best, with them getting the 60. Maybe 30/70. It's not archers, its you.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

There IS a skill cap in the game, it kicks in between 150-160. Yes, I know that's not literally true, but the xp required from that point on is quite ridiculous and the benefit you receive quite small. The 'soft' cap actually works pretty well, but geeze, this game is barely started, even the top players haven't really hit that wall yet. I personally think the system works reasonably well, for something different.

When sara has skills in the 130's and i have skills in the 150's and 140's, expect to see some difference, as my gains slow down and his start to catch up, expect to see that gap closed. It's not an apples to apple argument.

16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I feel for you because the changes wont even affect ANY top pvpers.... the new changes will ONLY be a detriment to new players and players who dont know how to properly use archery to its most beneficial way. The changes wont really impact anyone in pvp.... yet its people dying in pvp that want the change.....

FAKIN HILARIUOZ

Jackrabbit and Dhanas like this.
  17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The problem with this is how do you balance it in a PvP zone like a shardfall? Or when players run around with a PvP Tag? Which rule set do you use if he starts fighting another player while he was already fighting a mob? If PvP ruleset makes damage and healing less effective, he just fought a mob with 100% more power than when he started the fight. That is the reason I say rework the system with PvP, and then rework mobs around that system.

18. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Simply if the skill hits a player does x dmg if the same skill hit a mob does another dmg and another effect. No matter if the target is flagged or whatever the effect has to be calculated in the moment that the skill hits the target

19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What about healing? Our current healing is adjusted to current mobs, if Player damage is reduced, and we dont reduce healing people will self sustain too hard, and if we reduce it with mobs in the area mobs will hit too hard. This is what I am talking about.

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So that means anyone who is nowhere near the 150 mark should stay away from PvP? That makes the entry point very high doesnt it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.