(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I'm really not seeing any archer out there beside Ranger. Which timezone do you play sara?
    EDIT: my pvp time span is very limited and I don't have al lthe experience many of you have so consider my posts as a "casual newbye report" nothing more nothing less :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Maybe he wants more archers charge attacking and less of the more standard focus using glyph using archers?

Ranger is a badass and also uses more tactics than most. Even with nerfed archery and magic shields he'd be force and kill me most (probably all) fights.

I'm usually on 10p - 1a PT and all day Friday. I know of 4 more (what I would consider) OP charged attack using archers who put out crazy single target DPS.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There is quite a few archers out there., all you have to do is join a pug UT party and look at about 5 out of the 8 are archers.

4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Firemage of your level will easily outdps you on big Trols and on the daemons.
    Deathmage of your level will outdps you on Clockwork dragon.
    Your forget death. As I said before Unicorn it nerf should be with nerf of death shield but Chris only nerfs UP. Death mage is very good both in pve and pvp. Also its absolute counter for archer in pvp. No archer can peirce 125+ level deathmage, no chance at all. Sure if archer cant do this other physical schools cant do it for sure too.
    But you are right we have many schools which need bufs. I only said that archery is not the king of the hill in all activities. On some boss yes but far not in every activity as some of you guys want to say in this topic.

5. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Honestly the only i feel op in pve is fire mage. Fire-life mage is the best pve character and can compete pretty good in pvp too, while other schools like air or ice can compete just in pvp but are unuseful in pve, and stuff like sword is great in pve but has little chance in pvp.

Fire has always the best efficency in pve, in terms of xp and money gained is the one who can do it faster.

I tryed to do tartarus using my specs and build ( life, water, air and meteor shower and banish with full life gear in case of undeads) and it took so much time compared to what a fire mage of same level can do.

Imo archery is fine as it is, the only thing who can create a huge disbalance is the xen bow, Now upgradable to legendary.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Details, please! The only time I ever got 1000+ crits with a bow was the three days where the Envy Bow was awesome. Best I've seen since is around 450. That's with 130 in all ranged skills. I am clearly doing something wrong.

Chatele, Sara Dreygon and Montaigne like this.
  7. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

If someone wants to drop $300+ on the Rare Quality bow with only a 5 dexterity upgrade and a slight upgrade to attack speed... by all means. It's the biggest waste of in-game gold for what you get out of it.

8. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If it does just that i agree, i am afraid that also the base dmg goes up.
    Xen is already legendary artifact excatly as warlock chain, they are composed already by other artifacts, i don't see the point of putting those upgradable.

Synergy Blaize, Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

use heavy chest of constatine or bronze for weapon damage and the rest you can use those or hard leather, but you need the heavy armor tree for the extra str. Go tactics spec for the extra crit damage from bezerker stance, stack str as much as you can to get 300+ str. Get your base ranged combat 140+, get your eagle eye and draw str 120+. Turn auto attack off and hold your mouse button down to do a charged attack, you do not need to fully charge is, 3-4 ticks pretty much gets it to top damage, use envy bow for the extra crit modifier or xen bow for its unholy base damage.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah. Hm. Bummer I'd have to switch armor trees to do it. (The heavy armor is all so damn ugly.) But at least now I know why I can't get that kind of damage currently.

I do use charged attacks, that's the only way I get the 450ish hits. (Once in a while I might get an Aimed Shot that high, but it's rare.)

11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

So wrong.... you are probably playing wrong if you cant crit harder than melee.... (dont compare PUNCTURE to archery please....)

12. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Certain people?
    roflmao
    Death shield with a shield and heavy armor..... if you say archery is OP because you are in cloth with 2 wands and no death shield.... those "certain people" shouldnt be talking about pvp.

Barugon and Jackrabbit like this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Torpid torment and DONT USE BERSERkER STANCE...

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I can kill death mages in my sleep....
    The only OP thing in this game is "certain complainers". That is all that is OP.

15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Clearly. If you arent tactics spec, you arent critting over 1000. If you dont have fireflies, you arent getting close either, NOTHING about archery is OP. Its the things people do EXTRA to archery that makes it LOOK oP.... like havin the best gear and good buffs and a great moon mage doesnt hurt. Bbut all this can be done with sword, bludgeon and polearms.... and even sneak attack.

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it has become clear thanks to @Mac2 that I have indeed been doing it wrong. Kinda bummed, I've spent so much money and xp to get my tailoring up, and invested so much in light armor. It is really lame that ranged and light armor don't complement each other as well you might expect them to.:(

Chatele, Sentinel2, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

that because you are comparing front hits to people doing back attacks with archery and berserker on targets with fireflies. If you cant thrust for 1000 from the back on a 6 stack with berserker and fireflies, YOU are doing something terribly wrong.

18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

dont need heavy, perfectly doable with light armor

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Mac2 likes this.
  20. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Defensive stance 141, fortify 135, glancing 145, my HP tops out at 1800+, avoidance 115, resistance 60ish. Pop a wolf speed potion for the speed lost for not using berserker and body spam and engage to close distance. Result is that I'm slower and hit less hard.

Counter intuitive I know but I have a better chance to kill these players with berserker because the big consecutive hits you need to get against a death shield using 1000 crit archer that doesn't miss is more than defensive stance can provide.

Also, you're probably new in game but torpid does nothing to death shield.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.